2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

The Official I like the looks of GE (09) better than GD (07 & 08) thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:08 PM
The Official I like the looks of GE (09) better than GD (07 & 08) thread.

Time for some 09 Fit love!

I thought it was time for a thread like this with a negative GE thread in the GD forum. In my mind to claim that the 09 is the ugliest car since the Gremlin is just wrong. The Gremlin? Not even close.

While I like the look very much of the 07 and 08 Fit I prefer the looks of the 09. When I bought my 09 MT I could have also bought an 08 MT that they had on the lot. I had them right next to each other and I liked the looks of the 09 better. Everyone that I have ran into has liked the looks of the 09 Fit. People have gone out of their way to point out how cool or cute (mainly from women) my car is. My dad who is huge critic of cars said he liked the looks of my car. Even my grandmother who never comments about cars said she liked it.

My 09 turns heads and it is not because it is ugly. I have seen some 07 or 08 owners turn their heads as well. A recent 08 Fit owner I ran into at grocery store commented to me that he should have waited...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm sure their are people that prefer the GD to the GE as their are people that prefer the GE over the GD. I do not want this to turn into a bashing thread. I'm just looking for people that think the 09 looks nicer than the 07 and 08. I'm not looking for 07 & 08 owners confirming that they like theirs better. I'm also wondering what 07 and 08 owners that have picked up or will soon get a 09 think.

Last edited by fliptwister; 09-28-2008 at 08:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-24-2008, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Spending my life on fitfreak it gets tedious to see usually the same posters posturing about how they hate the new GE stying. I don't understand why they're on this section anyway. They have their own place to bitch or rant. There's nothing constructive about whining and bashing the styling of a car on a message board specifically for new GE owners. Who wants to hear that?

But anyway, I completely share your opinions between the 2 designs. My dad has a black 07 Sport, and even now I still think it's a cool, cute looking car. I just think the 09 Sport looks even better - more substantial, sleeker, less goofy and just a little more cohesive. In fact, I just came from an 08 Accord Coupe 6MT in Belize Blue and though I think that car's styling is gorgeous, I hardly think my Fit is even a step down - it's just a different car. I think my Accord and the new Fit, even the old Fit are the best looking Hondas currently on the market.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
This forum is the only place I have ever seen someone say they like the '08 better. Everyone I have ever talked to says the '09 looks much better, slicker, "I should have waited" - heard that one too, etc.

And personally, there's no contest for me...the '08 looks much more "box"-y, it doesn't have the sleek curves of the '09. Before '09 the fit was an unbuyable car for me, I thought it resembled a toy shoe.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:37 PM
the 09 is defintly is has a more refresher look. i gotta admit, the 09s didnt do it for me when i saw it on the net. i thought it was fugly. then i saw one in the dealership. picked up the first one i ever seen.

its different. i get looks all the time. interior is better quality then the 08. they just made a very good car even better.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:42 PM
While the "GD" is good-looking in its own right, I think the "GE" is (no contest) better looking. It just looks more mature. Maybe just the little, cutesy, micro-car (Smart car?) look is getting old to me. The more aggressive-looking USDM further makes it NOT look like something you'd find at ToysRUs.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:00 PM
All of the previous gen USDM Fits are less than around 2 years old at this point. If I had a less than 2 year old previous gen Fit I would no doubt love it. However since I am just now in the market for a Fit, the redesigned 09 isn't a very tough decision to make.

I just feel sorry for the average joes that walked into dealerships the past couple months and purchased an 08 without any hint from the dealer that the redesign was just around the corner.

Last edited by ProMed; 09-24-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by ProMed
All of the previous gen USDM Fits are less than around 2 years old at this point. I had a less than 2 year old previous gen Fit I would no doubt love it. However since I am just now in the market for a Fit, the redesigned 09 isn't a very tough decision to make.

I just feel sorry for the average joes that walked into dealerships the past couple months and purchased an 08 without any hint from the dealer that the redesign was just around the corner.
owned.....

Old 09-24-2008, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
All of the previous gen USDM Fits are less than around 2 years old at this point. If I had a less than 2 year old previous gen Fit I would no doubt love it. However since I am just now in the market for a Fit, the redesigned 09 isn't a very tough decision to make.

yep no kidding, and you know they did it to get rid of inventory. The old fit looked like cheap basic transportation. The new Fit is striking and very aggressive looking.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Thumbs up Out with the Old an in with the new

Well as for my self ... I have "oWnEd" a GD1 for the past 6~7 years.. bought it new when it came out in Japan... It has seen it`s use and I have grown tired of it`s looks... then the GE8 came out over here last year.. and boy was that a breath of fresh air... Both cars have great merits... But I prefer the new Fit over the 1st gen ...I love the more aggresive look and interior... I`m sure I can say bla bla bla bla about the GD chassis and say it sucks.... but I wont.... this is a " FIT user fourm " not the VW vs Honda fourm ... or whatever... Change is good ...embrace it and dont for get your roots

Old 09-24-2008, 05:49 PM
lol, this bickering is similar to evo8/9 guys vs evo x owners...and iphone vs iphone 3g owners

Old 09-24-2008, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EzeE1o
lol, this bickering is similar to evo8/9 guys vs evo x owners...and iphone vs iphone 3g owners
nice first post
maybe its just me, but i failed to see any bickering in this thread. so far it is quite a bit more mature than the gd>ge thread.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by BlackUp
nice first post
maybe its just me, but i failed to see any bickering in this thread. so far it is quite a bit more mature than the gd>ge thread.
not so much bickering in this thread, but the whole "GD>GE" attitude that some ppl have in general in these forums

Old 09-24-2008, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
if we start bagging on GD's, we're no better when they bag on the GE.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by mole177
if we start bagging on GD's, we're no better when they bag on the GE.
That really was not my intention with this thread. I don't want this thread to bag on the GDs (and it looks like it has not happened so far). I said in my post I like the looks of the GD a lot but I like the looks of the GE better. Both versions of the Fit in my mind are very nice looking and they are both great cars. I just prefer the looks of the 09...

Realize that that the OP in the other thread said the 09 Fit was the ugliest car in over 30 years (Gremlin was made 1970 - 1978). There are many people in that thread that do not agree with that though.

Last edited by fliptwister; 09-24-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
where's ray at yall????

(yes i'm from texas)

Old 09-24-2008, 07:31 PM

Yeah, that was almost me. My dealer had 2 08 Fit Sport A/T's on the lot - one Silver and one Blue. I almost bought one, piddled around for a week and when I finally decided, found out that they were both sold. I kicked my self pretty good for that and then put down a deposit on an 09 when I realized an 08 wasn't going to be had anywhere.

Now, I am very glad that I missed out on the 08s. I still like them - a lot. But I am very, very happy with the 09. I prefer the 09 styling over the 08 by far, not to mention the various improvements made over the older model. But both are very cool little cars.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TheSaint
Yeah, that was almost me. My dealer had 2 08 Fit Sport A/T's on the lot - one Silver and one Blue. I almost bought one, piddled around for a week and when I finally decided, found out that they were both sold. I kicked my self pretty good for that...
This is exactly what i did! i test drove an 08 red m/t and an 08 blue a/t. Couldnt decide which i liked more so i waited a week and went back to drive them again, and they were both gone... But im so glad i waited after that...

Old 09-24-2008, 08:14 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd
where's ray at yall????

(yes i'm from texas)

at the track... look at my avy i got a photobucket account full of ge8 fail pics lol

Old 09-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
ahh we shouldn't be here!
we'll get jumped

Old 09-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
if anyone feels the need to say anything bad, just say "you don't even have a fit, get off the forum"
haha!
Master FitFAKER!

Quick Reply: The Official I like the looks of GE (09) better than GD (07 & 08) thread.