2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

The Official I like the looks of GE (09) better than GD (07 & 08) thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
I think my 09 is embarrassingly ugly, but it is in my opinion a far better car the the 08 I drove. Literally everything is better except race track performance and mileage. These were such marginal differences that I could not possibly justify buying an 08. I laugh at a Fit doing anything more than an auto cross to learn the limits.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
MPGASAP, your avy is amazingg

Old 09-28-2008, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Why thank you good sir!

Old 09-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by B1str0
--eh tough guys and machismo are my middle name lol if u cant take what we (gd) owners took when we first got our cars then maybe YOU should take a seat little lady.. kthnxbai
Yeah... everyone's REAL impressed...

Next time reply with something sensible.

Originally Posted by B1str0
no i've had my car since march of 07' but didnt get my acct until this summer and no i wasnt talking to you i was talking to tobey457

so why is so bad to poke fun at the new model ? some gd owners like the ge8 and have actually traded their cars in for them, happy for them. but when people whine and cry about photoshops or that an administrator has "09 fit hater to the max" in his signature its really unnecessary.. some of us dont like the ge8 period.

so what its a honda alot of us dont like the 8th gen civic's too ?? and so what its a fit ? to me its ugly

does it mean i will rank on someone personally ? no ..
will i say oh ur car is ugly get a gd ? no ..

as a car i just dont like it. its all about opinions and the point of forum is to express our opinions, vent our frustrations and ask questions. and just to let EVERYONE know .. im not in middle school .. im a grown ass man who works hard to mod my car and support my family. if u cant take some criticism from "big brother" then u need to grow up.
The fact that you have to specifically state that you're not in middle school, really just proves my point about this forum. Why not just act like an adult, and be helpful instead of being a jerk?

Your opinion means nothing to anyone else on this planet (including me) - once you hit your 20's you'll realize that. If you actually READ my posts, you'll see they have nothing to do with YOUR opinion towards the GE, or anyone else's opinion towards the GE.

This stuff just constipates the forum, and it's everywhere... christ it's like the second coming of clubsi.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
tobey, how do you expect ANYTHING in this thread to be "helpful"?
why don't you just post another n00b thread about putting an intake in the GE, then maybe someone will post something helpful

Old 09-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
ok mr. 4 posts.

i agree that the ge hating is silly, and some people have taken it to far,...but you could be the bigger person you know?

novel idea eh?
I AM being the bigger person - I'm not bashing anyone's car or their interests, that's not my style. I'm sure there are people that don't like my vehicles - I couldn't care less.

I'm trying to make a point about the GE vs GD BS going around - it's getting old, and the people that run this place should clean it up and boot the people who are making inflammatory remarks. If you are a moderator or an admin here, you should realize that THAT'S YOUR JOB, regardless of what car you own or who you agree with.

I'm not trying to be a dick - I came here to learn about Fits so I could make an informed purchase. The last thing on my list of things to do in life is come on a forum and fight with a bunch of sophomoric meatheads. But it's hard not to complain when all I see is this GE vs. GD crap.

I've wasted a half hour of my life on this thread that I'll never get back, I'm out - it's been real.

Last edited by tobey457; 09-28-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
We all drive ugly,slow cars, and they're great! We all are getting good mileage in cheap ass cars. We all turn heads even though some of us are delusional enough to think it means we look cool. Enjoy the ride. **** everyone else. Stop taking your econo box so personally. This isn't literally an extension of you. It is just what you cruise down the road with sometimes. It can be fun to poke at the fit in good humor. It is ****ing funny looking! Let's just enjoy each other, and keep are shit running.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=tobey457;441294]I AM being the bigger person - I'm not bashing anyone's car or their interests, that's not my style. I'm sure there are people that don't like my vehicles - I couldn't care less.

I'm trying to make a point ... and the people that run this place should clean it up and boot the people who are making inflammatory remarks. If you are a moderator or an admin here, you should realize that THAT'S YOUR JOB, regardless of ... you agree with.

I'm ... trying to be a dick - I came here to ... fight with a bunch of sophomoric meatheads. ...it's hard not to complain ... crap.

I've wasted ... my life on this thread

NAZI NAZI alert. Clean the threads. Make them pure! IT IS YOUR JOB! DO NOT USE JUDGMENT!

Dude this is literally the moderators site. They can do whatever they want. That is their job. In fact this is their hobby they probably work on computers at an office for money. Just don't argue with irrational people. You can't win. Don't take it all in. Read what you want disregard the rest.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I got on this forum back in 02/07 when I started thinking of buying a Fit. It prepared me for my trip to the dealership by knowing all about the car before I got behind the wheel. Because of the sharing from this forum I knew what to do before taking delivery of my car. In May 07, I got my car and through the help and support of this forum, got into some Mugen mods and learned a lot about my car. Any problems came up we could post up and share our thoughts, opinions and perspective. I've picked the minds of some very great car guys who have always been helpful and even sent me private e-mails to give me more information. I spend a lot of time on this forum to enjoy sharing and seeing what other Fit Freaks are doing to their cars, having meets and taking their rides on the track.We share each others lives on this forum when we've had members who became Dad's, lost their pets, victims of hit and runs, lost their jobs or got a promotion. This forum is our community and not everyone in the community are going to agree on the same thing.

I do think my 07 is a great looking car and I love the way it handles and drives. However, the 2009 is a great car too. There is room for all opinions and the main thing is that the Honda Fit is a great car period. This forum has to be for all those who love the Fit and yes, a forum has people that can be brutally honest - I would not want it any other way. Keep it real

Cat :x

Old 09-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Fa1
/thread....

Old 09-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
to the orginal thread starter:

where exactly did you expect this thread to 'go'?

did the other countless threads teach you nothing?
Very good point. In hind sight it was naive to think that I could have a thread like this in the GE forum with only people that own GE Fits participating.

I'm ready to lock this thread. If any mods see this please lock this thread. It is pointless to continue it.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fliptwister
Very good point. In hind sight it was naive to think that I could have a thread like this in the GE forum with only people that own GE Fits participating.

I'm ready to lock this thread. If any mods see this please lock this thread. It is pointless to continue it.
there we go. you have learned much, but you are not a jedi yet.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Retired Moderator

Old 09-28-2008, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tobey457
I AM being the bigger person - I'm not bashing anyone's car or their interests, that's not my style. I'm sure there are people that don't like my vehicles - I couldn't care less.

I'm trying to make a point about the GE vs GD BS going around - it's getting old, and the people that run this place should clean it up and boot the people who are making inflammatory remarks. If you are a moderator or an admin here, you should realize that THAT'S YOUR JOB, regardless of what car you own or who you agree with.

I'm not trying to be a dick - I came here to learn about Fits so I could make an informed purchase. The last thing on my list of things to do in life is come on a forum and fight with a bunch of sophomoric meatheads. But it's hard not to complain when all I see is this GE vs. GD crap.

I've wasted a half hour of my life on this thread that I'll never get back, I'm out - it's been real.

has it really been that 'real?'

its very easy to avoid the argumentative threads.

all you have to do is read what they are about and bam! wasted time/life avoided.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:31 PM
ugh everyone just stop fighting. just take a chill pill lol, and tobey if you don't like this forum why are you still on it -_-

Old 09-28-2008, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
he had a problem as soon as he decided he wanted to "make a point". the only thing that means is he wants to argue endlessly until he convinces you to love the GEs.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
i'm so sorry tobey

i love ge's
ALL HAIL GE's!!!

(now leave this forum)

oh yeah,
IBTL!!!

Old 09-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Cat
I got on this forum back in 02/07 when I started thinking of buying a Fit. It prepared me for my trip to the dealership by knowing all about the car before I got behind the wheel. Because of the sharing from this forum I knew what to do before taking delivery of my car. In May 07, I got my car and through the help and support of this forum, got into some Mugen mods and learned a lot about my car. Any problems came up we could post up and share our thoughts, opinions and perspective. I've picked the minds of some very great car guys who have always been helpful and even sent me private e-mails to give me more information. I spend a lot of time on this forum to enjoy sharing and seeing what other Fit Freaks are doing to their cars, having meets and taking their rides on the track.We share each others lives on this forum when we've had members who became Dad's, lost their pets, victims of hit and runs, lost their jobs or got a promotion. This forum is our community and not everyone in the community are going to agree on the same thing.

I do think my 07 is a great looking car and I love the way it handles and drives. However, the 2009 is a great car too. There is room for all opinions and the main thing is that the Honda Fit is a great car period. This forum has to be for all those who love the Fit and yes, a forum has people that can be brutally honest - I would not want it any other way. Keep it real

Cat :x
+1 for a great post.

When I was looking at getting a fit I was lurking this forum and getting a lot of good info about the car and what to look for when going to the dealers. Over all it seemed like a real good community that was always willing to be helpful, so I stuck around. Lately there seems to be a lot of hatred towards the GE's ever scenes they came out and started populating this forum. Now there is nothing wrong with people posting there opinions but the over all attitude seems to be more hostile then any thing and I'm afraid that going to start chasing away new members.

Last edited by MNfit; 09-28-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
If I lock this thread, all signs will say I locked it because it was about GE's.
PM TOOL, ask him to lock it.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
If I lock this thread, all signs will say I locked it because it was about GE's.
PM TOOL, ask him to lock it.
I did a member search for PM TOOL and did not find him. Could you link a thread that he has posted on?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: The Official I like the looks of GE (09) better than GD (07 & 08) thread.