2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What mods are you planning for your '09?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Question What mods are you planning for your '09?

I think my first few changes are going to be simple:
  1. Tint. I feel like I am riding in a fish bowl.
  2. License plate frame. The dealership put on a cheap one, and I am pretty sure that it is rattling over every bump.
  3. Cargo area mat. I may get something aftermarket, as the Fit floor mats are cheap and don't "fit" well. I wouldn't be surprised if my mats are for a 2008 model. Any way of telling--part number?
  4. Interior Lighting. I think that I am changing them to LED.
What are you all planning?

Old 09-18-2008, 02:14 PM
I won't take delivery until Saturday but...

1. tinted already (done at dealer)
2. cargo cover and probably the tray
3. Navi unit.. probably Pioneer or JVC

Old 09-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Done:
* Wheel locks (dealer installed rip-off)
* License plate frame (no free advertising!)

Next:
* Body side molding
* Floor mats
* Tint (it's a greenhouse!)

Maybe:
* Debating on Cargo Tray or Cargo Organizer
* Debating on sill guards, likely not

Future:
* Better tires, probably sticky 205/50R16
* TBD suspension mods

Likely Well Down the Road
* DOT-legal HID retrofit if one becomes available
* Rear disc brakes if needed and (bias) compatible

P.S. From the install instructions, the LED lighting install looked like too much work to me.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by OrangeRevolution
P.S. From the install instructions, the LED lighting install looked like too much work to me.
I am going to try something easy like a dome light: LED Dome Lights

Old 09-18-2008, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ultrasonic
I think my first few changes are going to be simple:
  1. Tint. I feel like I am riding in a fish bowl.
  2. License plate frame. The dealership put on a cheap one, and I am pretty sure that it is rattling over every bump.
  3. Cargo area mat. I may get something aftermarket, as the Fit floor mats are cheap and don't "fit" well. I wouldn't be surprised if my mats are for a 2008 model. Any way of telling--part number?
  4. Interior Lighting. I think that I am changing them to LED.
What are you all planning?
I feel the exact same way as you do about the "fish bowl" AND I have the same problem with my mats. I'm not sure if you're talking about just the cargo mat but my dealer also "hooked me up" with floor mats like they should (just for the front and back, not cargo) and I feel like they took them from an '08 Fit or had them laying around because they don't "fit" well, not in the front, and not in the back.

They slide around far too much, especially the driver's floor mat, and they also fold up on the sides in places because they seem to not fit the space correctly.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:28 PM
first...

definite tint
interior leds
LED license plate light. (like the ones on the Lexus)
possibly LED tails???

Old 09-18-2008, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shiz
I feel the exact same way as you do about the "fish bowl" AND I have the same problem with my mats. I'm not sure if you're talking about just the cargo mat but my dealer also "hooked me up" with floor mats like they should (just for the front and back, not cargo) and I feel like they took them from an '08 Fit or had them laying around because they don't "fit" well, not in the front, and not in the back.

They slide around far too much, especially the driver's floor mat, and they also fold up on the sides in places because they seem to not fit the space correctly.
You guys complaining about your mats, can you tell me what the 2 holes in the mat look like on your driver's mat?

Because the 09s differ than the 08s with a bigger, sturdier black plastic surrounding the holes so the clips won't rip through the mat. Oh, I'm speaking about the all season mats only.

Plus, the driver's mat should fit neatly around the added footrest on the left. If not, sounds like an 08s. Maybe that's why I heard so many of you getting your mats at the time of delivery, while I was calling for weeks to get mine available here in L.A.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Pictures are from College Hills Honda direct link. Hope this isn't breaking any rules. If so mods please delete.

2009 Mats

2008 Mats

Old 09-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Mats

My front mats have a large round plastic grommet and are shaped to fit around the foot rest. The dealership didn't anchor them. The back ones were reversed, left to right. They fit better now that I switched them.

The top photo above is correct with "Fit" in a rectangle.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
Well dang I guess mine are the '09 mats, according to that. The driver's mat has those 2 holes in it, but I don't have anything under my seat that would go into those holes, which is another reason I didn't like the mats I got. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough? I feel like a noob now.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by shiz
Well dang I guess mine are the '09 mats, according to that. The driver's mat has those 2 holes in it, but I don't have anything under my seat that would go into those holes, which is another reason I didn't like the mats I got. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough? I feel like a noob now.
I also don't have the anchors in my carpet. I think that my dealer just left them in the glove box. So don't feel noobish.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, you have to cut 4 squares in your base carpeting to install those clips that hold the driver's mat. It's really scary cutting your pristine carpeting because if you get it wrong you're screwed.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
  • Adjustable Mugen Suspension
  • Light Rims 16"
  • Summer Tires

Old 09-18-2008, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Yes, you have to cut 4 squares in your base carpeting to install those clips that hold the driver's mat. It's really scary cutting your pristine carpeting because if you get it wrong you're screwed.
That sounds like a job for my dealer...anyone else feel the same?

Old 09-18-2008, 04:43 PM
I am going to wait and see if mine slide about. If they don't, I am not going to bother with the anchors.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:05 PM
I did mine myself -- took about 5 minutes with a utility knife, provided they gave you the anchors (mine were in the glove box). There are fairly obvious places in the carpet where you cut -- I actually found instructions online and printed them out.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
mine were dealer installed and they DID install the clips!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hipshot
mine were dealer installed and they DID install the clips!
Can anyone post a picture of what the '09 clips look like? I'm going to complain to my dealer and I want to make sure they put the correct factory clips in there.

Last edited by shiz; 09-18-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
You guys complaining about your mats, can you tell me what the 2 holes in the mat look like on your driver's mat?

Because the 09s differ than the 08s with a bigger, sturdier black plastic surrounding the holes so the clips won't rip through the mat. Oh, I'm speaking about the all season mats only.

Plus, the driver's mat should fit neatly around the added footrest on the left. If not, sounds like an 08s. Maybe that's why I heard so many of you getting your mats at the time of delivery, while I was calling for weeks to get mine available here in L.A.
Also, as an update to my earlier post. I just went back and checked the ones in the back and they do actually fit perfectly, and look just like the '09 mats in the picture above. Then I checked the front and the passenger side fits perfectly, and the driver side would if i had the anchors in there, it just keeps moving around because I'm stepping on it I guess.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Right away:
Limo tint in the back, 35% up front.
Factory carpet floor mats.
Clear bra.
Debadge.
Soon:
Time Attacks (or fake ones lol)
Later:
Component speakers, sub and amp (hoping for a custom 8" enclosure to go under the magic seat
Adjustable suspension.

Quick Reply: What mods are you planning for your '09?