2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Check in if you bought a fit 08 or 09 in the last 30 days.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 09:03 PM
New 09

We bought a RED 09 Sport in Daphne, AL in August. We proceeded on a 2400 mile trip to Minneapolis the next week. I was a little concerned about how comfortable it would be on a long, trip, but was pleased with our condition (old folks) after two 450 mile legs. Getting up to interstate speed in traffic was a challenge. I was also interested in how the MPG readout was going high, but still exceeded 40 mpg, actual. MPG readout was as high as 48 mpg when staying on the Interstate and keeping it just below 65 mph. BonSecour

Old 09-23-2009, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mleibowi
Bought a Fit Sport AT T White on 8-26-09, still waiting for it from Japan! It should be here be here in the next week or so! What floor mats do you all have?
I originally bought the carpeted floor mats but they are crap. They were showing wear at 3,00 miles!
I returned them to my dealer (they were not happy) and got the all season rubber mats. I am happy with these. Save yourself some money and install the retaining clips yourself.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:44 AM
I was checkin out the mugen floor mats any 1 have them?

Old 09-23-2009, 10:08 AM
My '09 Honda Jazz 1.3 S A/T

Acquired September 18, 2009, Honda Cars Global City, Taguig, Philippines

25kms on the odo when i got it

Old 09-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Bought mine 2 weeks ago 1K miles on it 09 honda fit M/T base and love it. Now I need a way to keep sand out!

Old 09-24-2009, 08:51 PM
We bought two!

I bought a 09 sport red and three weeks later bought my wife a 09 sport revolution orange. I did cas for clunkers on mine, straight out purchase on the wifes. We love em both.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:59 AM
Picked up my 09 Blue Sensation Pearl Sport today from the dealership! Happy to finally join the Honda club.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:12 AM
Was surprised by my parents today with my 09 Fit Sport A/T Storm Silver, when they told me we have to pick it up from Honda of Concord this weekend. + on top of that my dad got it tinted the way I wanted it yesterday. Happy I finally have it.

edit:

Last edited by jlfixed; 09-27-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:58 AM
This thread needs more OTD prices imo

Old 09-26-2009, 02:56 PM
I spent a little time looking around for fits, at first my first choice was a base model, M/T and had to be either white or silver. I couldn't find many, and couldn't find any used GDs that I wanted, so I stepped up the search for GEs. One dealership told me about a Milano Red manual transmission base that was coming in off the boat, right as I found a 09 Taffetta White Sport model manual trans at another local dealership, just chilling in their warehouse. I called, they pulled it out for me and when I arrived it was sitting all pretty by itself, this was me

I took it for a test drive, still had plastic all over the seats, plastic on the hood and roof, 8 miles on the odometer, drove the around the block to 10 miles. It was awesome and I really liked it after the first short little test drive. They offered me $500 off as I was walking back to my car, which I declined because I wanted to think it over. This was just post cash-for-clunkers (I wasn't trading in a clunker, and still technically the Honda clearance). Either way I needed a night to think it over.

Went in the next day ready to buy if they agreed to meet my price and asked if they'd sell it to me for 15,999 , the manager took his sweet time deciding and finally agreed.

I got my Taffetta White 09 Fit Sport M/T on 9/4/2009 (couple of weeks ago) from a local Chicago dealership. MSRP on Honda's website, and the sticker price on the car was 16,970 (including destination). They sold it to me for 15,999 and I've been enjoying it.

I have also enjoyed trolling this site heavily, I've read almost 30 pages worth of threads in this GE section alone and it has been very very helpful

Old 09-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jlfixed
Was surprised by my parents today with my 09 Fit Sport A/T Storm Silver, when they told me we have to pick it up from Honda of Concord this weekend. + on top of that my dad got it tinted the way I wanted it yesterday. Happy I finally have it.

Woo! Your parents got you a Fit? And your parents got it TINTED for you too?

I got my Fit from Concord Honda too!

Old 09-26-2009, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koala Yummies
I spent a little time looking around for fits, at first my first choice was a base model, M/T and had to be either white or silver. I couldn't find many, and couldn't find any used GDs that I wanted, so I stepped up the search for GEs. One dealership told me about a Milano Red manual transmission base that was coming in off the boat, right as I found a 09 Taffetta White Sport model manual trans at another local dealership, just chilling in their warehouse. I called, they pulled it out for me and when I arrived it was sitting all pretty by itself, this was me

I took it for a test drive, still had plastic all over the seats, plastic on the hood and roof, 8 miles on the odometer, drove the around the block to 10 miles. It was awesome and I really liked it after the first short little test drive. They offered me $500 off as I was walking back to my car, which I declined because I wanted to think it over. This was just post cash-for-clunkers (I wasn't trading in a clunker, and still technically the Honda clearance). Either way I needed a night to think it over.

Went in the next day ready to buy if they agreed to meet my price and asked if they'd sell it to me for 15,999 , the manager took his sweet time deciding and finally agreed.

I got my Taffetta White 09 Fit Sport M/T on 9/4/2009 (couple of weeks ago) from a local Chicago dealership. MSRP on Honda's website, and the sticker price on the car was 16,970 (including destination). They sold it to me for 15,999 and I've been enjoying it.

I have also enjoyed trolling this site heavily, I've read almost 30 pages worth of threads in this GE section alone and it has been very very helpful
That's a very good deal!

Regarding the word "trolling"...The word is generally used in a negative sense, to indicate a person who might be posting things designed to cause a reaction. An example for this site that is obvious might be "Honda sucks, Scion rules". LOL!

Sometimes there's a fine line between intentional, premeditated trolling and a person who really does not know. Both can make the same comment or ask the same question.

I think you are using "trolling" in terms of browsing the site, looking for information. That would be a positive thing, of course. You aren't making trolling posts. You're reading and looking around, which is great.

But for the future, you might want to use alternative words to describe your actions, such as "reading the site", "browsing the categories", "studying other posts", or even "doing your Honda homework".

The reason is that if people mistake your use of the word "trolling" to mean you were instigating arguments, they'd get upset when you said "I have also enjoyed trolling this site heavily"

On some sites (not this one), just saying that might get people mad and someone might try to kick you off.

And you wouldn't even know what you did or what happened!

Anyway, enough of that. You got a good deal on your car, I paid about as much for my base auto. From a couple people's notes, it seems like some dealerships are really trying to move out the 09's with very good deals.

And that your new car was SO new that it was still plastic covered, that's pretty cool.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chon111
My '09 Honda Jazz 1.3 S A/T

Acquired September 18, 2009, Honda Cars Global City, Taguig, Philippines

25kms on the odo when i got it

Alabaster Silver with rear disk brakes! I thought you got the blue/black interior, but the images look like the interior is really light. Love to see your interior, can you take a few pictures?

Also, I was wondering about the "fuel lid synchronized with the power door locks"...does this mean your fuel door latches and locks along with the doors?

And the mud/splash guards are included with the 1.3 S? I had to pay extra for mine.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:43 AM
Yup! They have some good people over there at concord.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
That's a very good deal!

Regarding the word "trolling"...The word is generally used in a negative sense, to indicate a person who might be posting things designed to cause a reaction. An example for this site that is obvious might be "Honda sucks, Scion rules". LOL!

Sometimes there's a fine line between intentional, premeditated trolling and a person who really does not know. Both can make the same comment or ask the same question.

I think you are using "trolling" in terms of browsing the site, looking for information. That would be a positive thing, of course. You aren't making trolling posts. You're reading and looking around, which is great.

But for the future, you might want to use alternative words to describe your actions, such as "reading the site", "browsing the categories", "studying other posts", or even "doing your Honda homework".

The reason is that if people mistake your use of the word "trolling" to mean you were instigating arguments, they'd get upset when you said "I have also enjoyed trolling this site heavily"

On some sites (not this one), just saying that might get people mad and someone might try to kick you off.

And you wouldn't even know what you did or what happened!

Anyway, enough of that. You got a good deal on your car, I paid about as much for my base auto. From a couple people's notes, it seems like some dealerships are really trying to move out the 09's with very good deals.

And that your new car was SO new that it was still plastic covered, that's pretty cool.

Haha thanks dude. Yeah I guess the term I chose does have some negative associations, good thing there's intelligent posters on here like yourself who understood I meant it in a positive way. I wish I had more to post and contribute but you guys have done an awesome job here covering a lot of issues and questions I had and thus all I need to do is read and research.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koala Yummies
Haha thanks dude. Yeah I guess the term I chose does have some negative associations, good thing there's intelligent posters on here like yourself who understood I meant it in a positive way. I wish I had more to post and contribute but you guys have done an awesome job here covering a lot of issues and questions I had and thus all I need to do is read and research.
There are a LOT of good people here. That's what makes for any good COMMUNITY feeling.

But I'm still a woman! Really!

Old 09-27-2009, 03:30 PM
So I finally signed papers on mine last night, get to pick it up hopefully Tuesday! So I thought I would check in here and share my numbers. Ended up getting a 09 BSP Sport, MT w/navi for $18.7k OTD. Went to Boch Honda here in Boston, not a bad experience. Never had to play the "Let me get my manager" game, so that was good.

oh TW, I called them this morning about the Resital ATOC, the salesman I was working with told me he didnt know it was on there, he said he doesnt see that kind of info....... So I told him that wasn't what we agreed on, and he said he would have it taken off my financing package. Just gotta resign the paperwork when I pick the car up.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jlfixed

edit:
Looks great. Could it be any shinier? Wow!

Don't be surprised if your parents buy one now. Or try to "borrow" yours.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mezzozero
So I finally signed papers on mine last night, get to pick it up hopefully Tuesday! So I thought I would check in here and share my numbers. Ended up getting a 09 BSP Sport, MT w/navi for $18.7k OTD. Went to Boch Honda here in Boston, not a bad experience. Never had to play the "Let me get my manager" game, so that was good.

oh TW, I called them this morning about the Resital ATOC, the salesman I was working with told me he didnt know it was on there, he said he doesnt see that kind of info....... So I told him that wasn't what we agreed on, and he said he would have it taken off my financing package. Just gotta resign the paperwork when I pick the car up.
No way! They're going to take that off? I'll believe it when it's done. Make sure your interest rate doesn't escalate! Check ALL the fine print, if you're resigning.

I still think you should have demanded a hat.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Looks great. Could it be any shinier? Wow!

Don't be surprised if your parents buy one now. Or try to "borrow" yours.
Thanks! They are actually considering selling our Odessey.

Quick Reply: Check in if you bought a fit 08 or 09 in the last 30 days.