2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Check in if you bought a fit 08 or 09 in the last 30 days.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 04:56 PM
just bought new fit

got a 2009 fit sport black auto traded it with cash for clunkers

Old 09-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Got Purple Metallic A/T 2 days ago.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Traded in my fully modded accord + cash for a 2009 TW fit sport. I like the deal they gave me...I bring them stock parts, they take out all my aftermarket parts and give them back to me...free labor!

Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Same thing

Originally Posted by walterjas
I bought a RED Sport Auto 8-13 $4500.00 for my 1994 ford ranger 4wd.Isn't America WONDERFULL???Now that I have a FIT !
I did the same thing. The fit is so clean that I'm afraid to drive it. And mine is also a red sport auto. I realy like it so far. Good around town but when ya get on the highway its a dog. It does cruise well thought on flat ground so can't complain.

Last edited by Sprocket45; 09-04-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:28 AM
I had just picked up an '09 Sport A/T black 2 days ago! Traded in my STi for it.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:01 AM
Mom, Im checking in. I just bought a new 09 storm silver base fit about 3 weeks ago. Cash for clunkers, 11,300 OTD price

I love the car, but would love a sport more. Not having keyless entry is what Im used to with my old civic, but dammit

Love the car, love the stereo, love the way it looks and drives, just hate putting in the key and turning to open the door

Old 09-05-2009, 04:04 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT410S
Mom, Im checking in. I just bought a new 09 storm silver base fit about 3 weeks ago. Cash for clunkers, 11,300 OTD price

I love the car, but would love a sport more. Not having keyless entry is what Im used to with my old civic, but dammit

Love the car, love the stereo, love the way it looks and drives, just hate putting in the key and turning to open the door
Yay! It's the child I didn't know I had!

I have the automatic lock/unlock/alarm in my Base Fit. It was part of the KARR alarm thing that the dealer had installed. Works great.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Today was the day!! The dealership called to say the deal came through and my husband went over and picked it up but he didn't tell me he did it. He's been taking me to work for the past 2 weeks because I was afraid the T-bird wasn't going to make it. I was expecting to see him pull up in our truck and was shocked to see my cute little Taffetta White Fit pull up instead. I can't wait to drive it to work tomorrow!!

Old 09-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thenanc
Today was the day!! The dealership called to say the deal came through and my husband went over and picked it up but he didn't tell me he did it. He's been taking me to work for the past 2 weeks because I was afraid the T-bird wasn't going to make it. I was expecting to see him pull up in our truck and was shocked to see my cute little Taffetta White Fit pull up instead. I can't wait to drive it to work tomorrow!!
Excellent! Glad you got your car.

I'm guessing this was a CARS deal where the dealer held on to the car? Did you report the dealer? Or did you order your car or have it transferred?

Old 09-09-2009, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Excellent! Glad you got your car.

I'm guessing this was a CARS deal where the dealer held on to the car? Did you report the dealer? Or did you order your car or have it transferred?
Yes, it was a CARS deal. We kept our clunker until yesterday when we dropped it off in exchange for the FIT. Didn't report the dealer. Part of the delay was due to them not having the FIT we wanted in the lot, then they found it, then they installed the extras. All in all, it was well worth the wait and we never would have gotten $4500 in a private transaction. I actually went down to the parking garage at lunch today to visit it.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thenanc
Yes, it was a CARS deal. We kept our clunker until yesterday when we dropped it off in exchange for the FIT. Didn't report the dealer. Part of the delay was due to them not having the FIT we wanted in the lot, then they found it, then they installed the extras. All in all, it was well worth the wait and we never would have gotten $4500 in a private transaction. I actually went down to the parking garage at lunch today to visit it.
Ha ha! Welcome to FitFreakHood!!! you qualify. I have had my Fit for a year now and I still get a thrill when I return to it in any parking lot, like a little secret excitement.

I have never felt this way about a car before.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Officially got mine on Monday after waiting 30 days for the gov to approve the deal. Tidewater Blue Sport.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:54 PM
HELP: Bitten by the Fit Bug!
I got my Honda Fit Sport in Red August 17th 09 with a cash for clunker trade of my Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2001 with 182,020 miles on it. No way would I have gotten $4500 for that thing. So I bumped up my warranty to a 120,000 6 year bumper to bumper for about $850 and paid a tad more than 15,600 for it. I do computer repair for small biz and homes and put 25k-30k on the Montero a year. Also being a musician it is sweet taking all 3 Trumpets Cases, music stand, gig bag with the seat bottoms up and all my computer "fix it" stuff in behind the seat accessible by the rear hatch. I call it the ultimate Gig car. If I played keyboards I bet with the seats folded down I could still do it!. I absolutely love how far the rear doors open up so I can put a computer box in there without jaming in the door opening. I have gotten 35mpg once and 31.9 to 33.00 mostly with the 7 fillups since having it... put 2200 miles on it already and am looking to see if there are any Fit Clubs in the Gainesville, Georgia area.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
After 2 months of debating between the Yaris and Fit, I finally made the decision to get a base Fit in red with A/C.

My old Sidekick that I had since new for 20 years finally died after running for another 6 months after being rear-ended. The repair for the damage exceeded the vehicle's value so it was a write-off that I was allowed to use until I found a replacement vehicle. My Sidekick wouldn't start just a day before I was to go pick up my new Fit.

After I saw that there were no changes with the 2010 Yaris, I went for the Fit. It was worth paying more for... the quality and design really shows. I did really expect much from the sound system but it was a pleasant surprise to hear how great it is. I just polished the paint and conditioned it 4 times with carnuba wax. The new paint now looks and feels like glass. I'm hesitant to even drive it now because it is so shiny!

Hockey season is also about to start and it should hold all my goalie equipment nicely.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:27 AM
5 Year Member
Taffeta Fit

Today I got my first car, and it's a Taffeta White Fit Sport! I've been reading FitFreak for over a year and would like to thank all the TW Fit Sport owners that posted photos of their cars--you made my decision much easier!

Stock and fresh from the dealer

Old 09-13-2009, 12:24 PM
I picked up an 09 MR Fit Sport with MT last Friday, she's already dropped with wheels.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:17 AM
09 Fit Sport, black, MT. Picking it up next week. ****ing psyched, too.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:06 AM
I've never prayed for a car to die and it finally did on Friday. I had a clunker but it didn't qualify for CFC even though I was getting about 15mpg combined. Wife agreed that when it died I could get the Fit... Kafloooey! Now we're donating it to charity.

Picked up a new TWB 09' MT... on Saturday. I already got the "out of the closet" remark from my best friend and then the first post about this color on this forum gets female anatomy remarks... Have any of you actually looked at the color of this car..? It's friggin' amazing! In the dark it looks silver, in bright light it's this dazzling blue color... If it means turning in my man card, so be it.

I can't wait to go drive it... NOW! Bye!

Old 09-14-2009, 12:02 PM
yeah, i got a bunch of friends that assure me I'll never see a vagina again as long as I own a Fit. But I have other friends that have admitted to wanting to buy a Fit. Haters will always come out of the woodwork when you buy anything but a sports car.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Haters will hate.. That's what they do best.. And that's about it

Quick Reply: Check in if you bought a fit 08 or 09 in the last 30 days.