2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Check in if you bought a fit 08 or 09 in the last 30 days.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I see lots of blue sensations; yay! Don't forget to post pics here if you've taken any...

Old 01-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Pick up my 09 Silver sport yesterday!

Old 01-14-2009, 06:41 PM
09 Sport Auto Storm Silver Metallic on New Years Eve. It’s funny to watch the neighbors, they can’t figure out what it is. Installed the Interior Ambient Lighting kit yesterday, checked one off the list.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
hey everyone!

Some of you might have seen me peeking around here for the last couple weeks because I've been waiting to get my 09 SSM Fit Sport Auto.
Well as of last night I finally picked it up. I paid 17580 w/ 6% interest.
I traded in my 01 Acura CL-S NPB.

I picked up some Silver Star Ultra headlight bulbs already and have LED fogs and LED wedge 194's for the city lights, license plate lights, and cargo light coming in the mail this week.

I have a tint appointment tomorrow and I plan on having 35% all around (except for the windshield of course. Hopefully this 3-5 inches of snow we are suppose to have holds off.

Tanabe NF210 springs are hopefully being ordered next month. (Gotta pay off this big credit card bill this month first .

Well I have rambled enough. I look forward to talking with all of you. What I have seen everyone is very informative and helpful on this web sight.

Later,
Brad
Here is a pic of my car (Its staying warm in the garage) Currently its 1 outside.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Purchased a 09 Taffeta White Fit Sport MT on Friday! Going to pick it up tonight, just waiting for the tint to be finished!

Old 01-19-2009, 08:23 PM
got mine in dec 08. its a silver fit sport with 35% tint. already got 3000 miles on it.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 PM
One manual after 3-4 months wait

And another off the lot (AT)

I'll have to set up a group photo at the weekend... :-)

Old 01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
We bought our first Honda automobile on the 17th of January '09. It is the Fit sport with AT in Milano red. My parents also bought one two days prior without us knowing. Needless to say it was fun to see the driveway filled with two of them when we visited. It will be like old times working on the cars with my Dad again, and we will be starting this weekend with the door sills and bumper protector. Hopefully I will get some pictures posted this weekend.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:32 PM
I bought mine just about a month ago. 2009 Sport AT. So far I've gotten my wheels stolen, bought new ones, and been back to the dealer 3 times for the TPMS light...

People stink.

But the car is frickin awesome.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:36 PM
got my 09 orange revolution manual non navi just before christmas and have put 900 miles on it so far. I love the car! I test drove the manual and auto fit and the manual and auto civic, and the fit had more power, better handling, better driving position, and the interior layout kicks a$$! being a 17 year CRX si owner, I was reluctant to get something new as I had sworn to drive the CRX until its wheels fell off, even going so far as trading it in in 2001 for a celica and going back to the dealer and getting it back the next day. but so far no regrets at all. I would like to do the fog light mod and add audio controls to the steering wheel, but there are differences in the electrical layout from 08 to 09. hopefully someone will post the differences and or modify the how to's on this forum. all in all, quite surprised and pleased at this 3rd Honda I have owned.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Got the 1.5 Milano Red AT Jazz '09 here in Abu Dhabi, UAE a couple of days back; and the wifey just loved it! Awesome car!!! Love everything on it. Cheers guys and see you around!

Old 01-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Howdy - this is my first post. My wife had been wanting a new car for a while, and we were looking at all kinds of things. Then she was reading one of my Automobile mags and saw the article on the new Fit. We went to the Honda dealer about 10 minutes after talking about it and test drove the only 5spd they had there. About 30 minutes later we ordered our new Storm Silver Sport 5spd, and it showed up on November 15th. We got lots of options, and still waiting on the last to be installed. We have taken a couple trips in the car, and we both love it - my wife is so excited, it's really great. She has applied something like 15 coats of Adam's Polishes and protects it like a rabid guard dog would. It's been a great car so far, and we intend to keep it until cars are not longer needed. We paid a lot for it ($18,200 plus options - total was around $21k OTD) but we also got it before we saw any on the roads and had around 1500 miles on it before we started seeing them around.

We drove it to Oregon over Christmas and even ended up hitting snow/ice, and the car was stellar the whole way. I really like the USB aux integration and the audio controls, and I think the stereo sounds great for a stock system.

The options we got (from memory):
-pedal pads
-leather shift knob
-all-weather mats + regular mats
-interior lighting kit (last thing to be installed - should be soon)
-dark grey 16" 6 spoke wheels (love these, stockers will be for sale soon)
-rear cargo cover
-cargo tray
-rear bumper thingy
-bunch of other stuff I cannot remember

I had the windows tinted at a shop I trust, and it looks really nice. I did the front windows 35%, and the rest 20%. With the new wheels, it looks hot. Cannot say it enough - GREAT CAR!! We both love it.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
just bought an 09 Black yesterday
5 speed no options

Old 01-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Talking

Sorry i'm new to this forum but i bought the 2009 FIT Sport AT SILVER in late september. And starting to hook it up already. So far i just install HID and change the fog light bulb to yellow. Next is the tail lights?? LED or non-LED

Old 01-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Hey!

Congrats! You've chosen the best color as far as I'm concerned! I'm loving my purple ride. It's soooo useful with the different seat configurations and I've been avg. 36 mpg, which was why I bought my lean mean purple machine in the first place. Add the center console, it slides forward and adds comfort.

Have fun!

Old 01-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Whoever wants to buy an 09 Taffeta White MT and is willing to go to Ga to pick it up for 17,350 out the door...(EVERYHTING INCL.) Please PM me now. I'm just doing a favor as this was my deal, but I've decided to go another route.....the dealer was kinda mad but this is a stinkin good deal...I can pass your info to them.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Bought a Silver AT Sport last saturday.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kails
Purchased a 09 Taffeta White Fit Sport MT on Friday! Going to pick it up tonight, just waiting for the tint to be finished!
Yay! So where did you end up buying?

You were in this thread:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post545091

Did you find a better deal???

Old 01-24-2009, 11:43 AM
I ended up buying at T&T Honda. I had gone to speak to Majed and told him to give me his best price as I was going to another dealership. When I added all the add ons together, his price was more than the total cost of the options. So needless to say I wasnt impressed. I had been dealing with someone at T&T as that was were i test drove it. Ended up getting it for 21750 OTD.
I was also impressed as I had quotes from another place for the tint and stuff, so when I showed him them he gave me the tint at cost which was better than the deal I had found.

Been an awesome car so far have had alot of fun

Old 01-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kails
I ended up buying at T&T Honda. I had gone to speak to Majed and told him to give me his best price as I was going to another dealership. When I added all the add ons together, his price was more than the total cost of the options. So needless to say I wasnt impressed. I had been dealing with someone at T&T as that was were i test drove it. Ended up getting it for 21750 OTD.
I was also impressed as I had quotes from another place for the tint and stuff, so when I showed him them he gave me the tint at cost which was better than the deal I had found.

Been an awesome car so far have had alot of fun
Majed was at Honda West?

You saved at least $1,000 by doing some shopping around!!! Good job!

Quick Reply: Check in if you bought a fit 08 or 09 in the last 30 days.