2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Check in if you bought a fit 08 or 09 in the last 30 days.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I got mine last night...

Crystal Black Pearl Sport AT from Bergstrom Honda - Oshkosh, WI

Options: Carpet Floor Mats and Wheel Locks

$17251 before Tax, Title, and trade-in.

Karl

Old 01-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Bought my Dec 31st

Hello,

I bought a Blackberry Sport AT. Love it! I've added the cargo cover (great!), darker tint, and today a center console (shorter than it looks, but cute). I want to know about maintenance. The dealer told me the car will tell me when to change the oil and other maintenance, but what if the computer malfunctions? Should I do the old standby that I grew up on ( 3500 or so miles). Thanks!

Old 01-11-2009, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crazy cuban
Hello,

I bought a Blackberry Sport AT. Love it! I've added the cargo cover (great!), darker tint, and today a center console (shorter than it looks, but cute). I want to know about maintenance. The dealer told me the car will tell me when to change the oil and other maintenance, but what if the computer malfunctions? Should I do the old standby that I grew up on ( 3500 or so miles). Thanks!
Don't worry about the computer. Your car will not run if the computer malfunctions. The computer will monitor your driving habits and tell you when to change your oil. The only 2 considerations are if you drive on dusty or dirt roads you will have to change the oil sooner and if you use a fully synthetic oil you may want to go past the 0%. I don't go past but it would not hurt the engine, however there could be warrantee issues.

There has been a lot of stuff written on fitfreaks about oil change. I am quite a bit older than most fitfreaks and own a couple of muscle cars so I have done my homework on this oil change issue. DO NOT do your first oil change until you are down to 15% or less of oil life. Honda puts special lubricants in there for the break in process. Changing the oil early may cause oil consumption due to poor break in.

The old 3,000 mile oil change does not really apply these days. Modern oils are better and the engines are built with much better materials and closer tolerances. Changing the oil to soon is a waste on money and is hard on the environment.

I am a BIG fan of FULLY synthetic oils. They dissipate heat much better (very important), lubricate better and last much longer. Regular oil will oxidize in about 3-4 months but synthetics will last for over a year. Mobil 1 has a synthetic that they say will last for 15,000 miles. That is the oil that I have been using but I do change it at the recommended (computer) time. I have gone 12,000 miles between changes on my 86 Civic with no problems!

Asking questions here is a good start but you should google synthetic oils and decide for yourself.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
Hello,

Congrats on your new Fit. Mine has over 4000 miles on it now, and it has been just great so far

You can certainly rely on the maintenance minder for oil changes, or you change at some mileage interval if you wish. But the owners manual warns against doing the first oil change before the scheduled time. This is because the factory oil fill contains additives that are needed for proper engine break-in. I plan to change the oil on my Fit every 5000 miles, the same as I do on our Ridgeline. Even that (5000 miles) is probably more often than necessary, and 3500 is certainly overkill. Todays lubricants are much better than those of the past and changing more frequently than necessary helps no-one but the oil companies.

Last edited by TCFenton1; 01-11-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Congrats!

Hey!

Good choice of color! I love the deep purple color of my new (Dec 31st) 09 blackberry Fit a/t. I love how it looks nearly black in the shade and then a cool purple in the sun. I think it's a really cool color. Good choice!

I've never been a forum geek before, but I really like this website. I'm strangely attached to this little versital (sp?) car. I used to have a ford explorer and always kind of felt guilty about the enviroment. Now I feel good about what I drive. Plus I still have room for golf clubs, bikes, camping stuff. Oh yeah, filling the tank for $20.00 is great. Have fun!

Old 01-11-2009, 02:00 PM
09 Honda Fit Sport AT - Storm Silver Metallic on 01-03-09 and the dealer damaged it on 01-06-09.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...y-old-car.html

Old 01-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Hey!

Good choice of color! I love the deep purple color of my new (Dec 31st) 09 blackberry Fit a/t. I love how it looks nearly black in the shade and then a cool purple in the sun. I think it's a really cool color. Good choice!

I've never been a forum geek before, but I really like this website. I'm strangely attached to this little versital (sp?) car. I used to have a ford explorer and always kind of felt guilty about the enviroment. Now I feel good about what I drive. Plus I still have room for golf clubs, bikes, camping stuff. Oh yeah, filling the tank for $20.00 is great. Have fun!
The spelling is "versatile." Yeah, for some reason, the Fit just seems to have that effect on many of us! We love it beyond reason, beyond how people usually feel about their cars. It just has something, you know? It's a good value car, it gets decent mileage, and it has personality. I don't know what Honda did to put so much personality in it, some kind of Japanese mojo, but it worked.

This is a great and fun forum to keep talking about your Fit with others who feel the same way.

And IMO we have the very best color...

Old 01-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Hey Fit Freaks...

I purchased my 2009 Fit Sport with manual transmission in Storm Silver Metallic today. I ignored all my laughing friends and girlfriend who don't understand why anyone would want to drive a "wussy-looking" car like the Fit (I've been interested in the Fit since the GDs first showed up). In my opinion, the car looks good and it meets all my needs in terms of driving feel and practicality.

Anyway, I'm happy with my purchase so far. I highly recommend anyone interested in purchasing one to contact Al Rizal at Rock Honda. I usually hate buying a new car but my experience today was great. I got my car for $15895 (plus tax and license fees). This may or may not be a good deal to you but the hassle-free and pressure-free experience sealed the deal for me.

Thanks for reading.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
I pickup my 2009 Storm Silver Metallic 5 speed Manual Fit Sport yesterday. The Honda dealership refused anything but MSRP $16,730 because they claimed that manual Fit Sport are rare. MSRP was only offered once I gave them a sale advertisement with the vehicle VIN number that I found on cars.com that matches exactly the car that we were negotiating. Initially the car was $2000 above MSRP. The sale manager told me that they are not making any money because the car comes with pin striping, door edge guards and the dealership life time power train warrant. The dealership life time power train warrant is only affective when all maintenance is performed by a certified Honda mechanic. That includes a simple oil change. $15,895 I believe is invoice and is a very very good deal.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Steven Hung
$15,895 I believe is invoice and is a very very good deal.
Yeah... from the research that I did, it was a few hundred dollars below invoice. Other dealers that I contacted were either asking MSRP or adding a $1400 markup.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
I brought home my 2009 Fit Sport AT, TWB last night. I was able to get an internet price of $17,142 (before taxes, etc) with some help from my dad (first car I bought). Dealership added in the cargo area mat, wheel locks, and the carpet floor mats for no extra charge. I'd already test driven one a few weeks ago and purely went in just to buy. The whole paperwork process took about 90 minutes. They tried 3 times, but I kept saying no to the alarm system they were offering. The wait time for all the paperwork was kinda boring but they had 2 really cute girls working there, I mean REALLY cute so I just entertained myself with them.

But back to the car... As soon as I got it home I put in LED bulbs over the rear plate, in the cargo area, and dome light. I also put in hyper-white headlights. THEN I got to calling my friends over to showing it off. My dad was surprised I changed all that stuff so quick, but he admired the sharper look of the new bulbs.

All in all, a very good experience and a nice start to a new week!

Old 01-12-2009, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pinoyfitpilot
But back to the car... As soon as I got it home I put in LED bulbs over the rear plate, in the cargo area, and dome light. I also put in hyper-white headlights. THEN I got to calling my friends over to showing it off. My dad was surprised I changed all that stuff so quick, but he admired the sharper look of the new bulbs.
Congrats on the car.
Which bulbs did you put it (size, brand, where did you buy them from?)

After a long wait my car will finally arrive next week.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Purchased mine on 12.30.08
'09 SSM Fit Sport (MT) minus NAVI

Old 01-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Inventory Update:

In Georgia (out of 15 Dealeeships):

There are currently ~246 Fits (Base and Sport) in the entire state.
Out of those,8...I repeat, EIGHT...are Manual Transmissions.

W T F.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Picked mine up Just before New Year.

Most fun to drive car I have ever had.
I find myself taking the long way around sometimes just to drive longer.
People at the car was always come up and ask about it.

2009 Sport/AT SSM w/ Nav

Got it at invoice, they were not going below that at all.

Honda of Covington Covington, La.

Last edited by abgenre; 01-12-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Nor Cal FIT Purchase ...

Originally Posted by 1LegitFit
Fantastic! I think I would of gotten the same deal if I waited. Keep in mind I purchased mine back in 14 Dec. Not bad if I say so myself. You're the first that beat my purchase price. I got mine for $15393 before destination charge, titling fee, license fee, tax, etc. with OTD $17,423. Enjoy your new Fit for the new year! Happy New Year FitFreakers!
Legit,

Can you tell me where you got your Fit?

I'm in the Northern California area and am looking to pull the trigger on a new FIT Sport MT in the next few days

Thanks in advance ...

Old 01-12-2009, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Buying A Fit

Hey TooAlan,
I just replied to your email. Email or call me if you have any question. Good luck with the purchase!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Hi all, just picked up my new Fit Sport last night! blue sensation pearl, M/T, no navi. Ordered it back in the middle of October. Paid sticker but could not be happier, what a fun car!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Picked up my base 09 Blue sensation on News Years eve. Been very happy with the car (although it seems a little twitchy at highway speeds w/ heavy wind gusts)

Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Finally!

hey everyone!

Some of you might have seen me peeking around here for the last couple weeks because I've been waiting to get my 09 SSM Fit Sport Auto.
Well as of last night I finally picked it up. I paid 17580 w/ 6% interest.
I traded in my 01 Acura CL-S NPB.

I picked up some Silver Star Ultra headlight bulbs already and have LED fogs and LED wedge 194's for the city lights, license plate lights, and cargo light coming in the mail this week.

I have a tint appointment tomorrow and I plan on having 35% all around (except for the windshield of course. Hopefully this 3-5 inches of snow we are suppose to have holds off.

Tanabe NF210 springs are hopefully being ordered next month. (Gotta pay off this big credit card bill this month first .

Well I have rambled enough. I look forward to talking with all of you. What I have seen everyone is very informative and helpful on this web sight.

Later,
Brad

Quick Reply: Check in if you bought a fit 08 or 09 in the last 30 days.