2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Orange Revolution

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:17 PM
I should be getting my orange revolution early next week. Sport Auto without navi. Will post a million pics for that fellow freaks.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by lmatthew9
I should be getting my orange revolution early next week. Sport Auto without navi. Will post a million pics for that fellow freaks.
I'm getting the exact same up here in Canada! Arrives in town either late tonight or early tomorrow morning but I only pick up next Wednesday. I'm gunning to be the first Canadian with an Orange Revolution to post pics here. Other Canadians....competition is ON!

Old 09-18-2008, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
I thought the poster, Orange Revolution, who started this post is an owner of an Orange Fit? I thought the pics he/she uploaded were of his/her car???

Old 09-18-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm not real clear on whether he/she actually owns the car or just posted pics. In either case, he/she is in the US so I'm still leading the race to be the first Canadian Orange Revolution owner to post pics here!

Old 09-18-2008, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
impressive color...

Old 09-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Hmm....this has me curious. Does ANYONE here currently own a 2009 Orange Revolution Fit? I haven't seen any yet, unless this post is the first...

Old 09-18-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm such a geek. Never mind. See here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-driveway.html

Old 09-18-2008, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
I'm not real clear on whether he/she actually owns the car or just posted pics. In either case, he/she is in the US so I'm still leading the race to be the first Canadian Orange Revolution owner to post pics here!
You better stalk your dealer for your car to come in so you can take pics and post them here quick.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
You better stalk your dealer for your car to come in so you can take pics and post them here quick.
You know, that guy who posted that thread did NOT post any pics. Could I be the first Orange Revolution owner in NORTH AMERICA to post actual pictures here?

Old 09-18-2008, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
You know, that guy who posted that thread did NOT post any pics. Could I be the first Orange Revolution owner in NORTH AMERICA to post actual pictures here?
I just reread the first page and you're right! He/she isn't the owner of that car.

So the race is still on. Go to your dealer now!!

Old 09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I just reread the first page and you're right! He/she isn't the owner of that car.

So the race is still on. Go to your dealer now!!
Oh stop it! I'm very easily influenced you know. Besides, my car is definitely not here yet. It will be at my dealership tomorrow morning though and I DO drive right by there to get to work.
Hmmmm...... Bring it on US and Canada Orange Revolution owners, bring it on!

Old 09-18-2008, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
I got my MT OR last Tuesday (9/9/2008) in Louisiana, but didn't post pictures as other people had posted some already (whether they own the car or not I thought was beside the point ). I can post some more if people are interested.

The OP did a good job capturing the way various ambient and source-based light change the color. Mine seems to go from a brown, to copper, to orange, to almost a bright gold depending on the angle and intensity of the light. Its a pretty neat color with lots of depth.

I'm still trying to figure out how Honda did it. I think the base coat is really a metallic orange with gold flake, but the clear is more of a darker copper/brown color. I really don't know, just guessing.

Res

Old 09-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Resonance
I got my MT OR last Tuesday (9/9/2008) in Louisiana, but didn't post pictures as other people had posted some already (whether they own the car or not I thought was beside the point ). I can post some more if people are interested.

The OP did a good job capturing the way various ambient and source-based light change the color. Mine seems to go from a brown, to copper, to orange, to almost a bright gold depending on the angle and intensity of the light. Its a pretty neat color with lots of depth.

I'm still trying to figure out how Honda did it. I think the base coat is really a metallic orange with gold flake, but the clear is more of a darker copper/brown color. I really don't know, just guessing.

Res
Damn. Well, I'm still pretty sure I can be the first OWNER to post pics from Canada (it does matter in my small little world)! Oh and get on it and post those Orange Revolution pictures mister. Can't get enough of the color and I'm sure I'll be equally impressed when I actually see it in person (hopefully tomorrow)!

Old 09-18-2008, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Hehe, I'm at work at the moment and won't get home until after nightfall, which then the color will be... black, lol. When I got the car home last tuesday night, I attempted to take pictures of it, but my little canon camera just didn't do so hot with the quality of night pics... they came out really grainy.

I can also hold off, and then you could be the first North American owner to post pics too . But I can't hold these other Fit Freaks back, tell your dealer to hurry it up so you can be the first! . Good luck, I'm excited for you, I think you'll love the color!

Res

Old 09-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Resonance
Hehe, I'm at work at the moment and won't get home until after nightfall, which then the color will be... black, lol. When I got the car home last tuesday night, I attempted to take pictures of it, but my little canon camera just didn't do so hot with the quality of night pics... they came out really grainy.

I can also hold off, and then you could be the first North American owner to post pics too . But I can't hold these other Fit Freaks back, tell your dealer to hurry it up so you can be the first! . Good luck, I'm excited for you, I think you'll love the color!

Res
Oh, really??? What a gentleman. I'll pop into my dealership on my way to work tomorrow AM. Hopefully it will be there by then...

Old 09-18-2008, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
Canuck Girl, I mean Canada Girl, hehe, I think you outta intercept the transport truck before it hits your dealer or else some new Orange Rev owner may post their pics here first!!! jk.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Canuck Girl, I mean Canada Girl, hehe, I think you outta intercept the transport truck before it hits your dealer or else some new Orange Rev owner may post their pics here first!!! jk.
Gasp...they wouldn't DARE! Don't even joke about such things. I put in my order 9 WEEKS ago so I'm getting a tad anxious....

Old 09-18-2008, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Gasp...they wouldn't DARE! Don't even joke about such things. I put in my order 9 WEEKS ago so I'm getting a tad anxious....
Lol, I meant someone from somewhere in Canada may get their orange car before you and post pics first. Sry, just kidding around. Although even if you're dying waiting you gotta admit the wait is very exciting and fun!!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:59 PM
That's about when I put my order in too... at least you get your OR soon, gotta wait 7 more weeks (at least) for mine...

Old 09-18-2008, 11:05 PM
I thought the poster, Orange Revolution, who started this post is an owner of an Orange Fit? I thought the pics he/she uploaded were of his/her car???
It's mine. You can see my first mods here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-present/31497-quickie-mod-report-body-molding.html

FitCanada_Girl is still a "Go" for Canada. Sorry, I didn't realize there was any contest

Quick Reply: Orange Revolution