2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

interesting facts: little stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
OK, found one today: If you grab the interior grab handle (the ones above the above windows) and then you let go, they retract softly. Probably with an air piston of sorts. Nice touch, because Honda could have just let them SLAP BACK into place. PLAF!

Last edited by justintime; 06-02-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mole177
but then im tall enough (im sure you are too) to just reach on the outside edge of the hatch itself to close it.
I'm pretty sure the handle is not just meant as a help for low people It helps people like me (who don't wash their car often enough) keep our hands clean when closing the hatch...

Old 06-02-2009, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThomP
I'm pretty sure the handle is not just meant as a help for low people It helps people like me (who don't wash their car often enough) keep our hands clean when closing the hatch...
Or for people like me who wash the car often and don't want fingerprints on the hatch.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Virtual
Or for people like me who wash the car often and don't want fingerprints on the hatch.
Or scratches...

Old 06-03-2009, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Something I just noticed last night. I was trying to find a place near the front door hinge to place the outside sensor for my new thermometer (I'm still looking for a good place, by the way--I can't seem to get consistent readings anywhere I've tried yet). That's why I was scrutinizing that area, or I wouldn't have noticed this. The triangle windows in front of the door have an odd-looking curved corner where they fit against the door and mirror. It looks perfectly normal when the door is closed, but looking closely when the door is open, it looks a little strange.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Found another interesting thing today: If you open the hood, and then attempt to lock the car with the alarm, the car will NOT confirm with the horn on the second press of the remote button. It tries to 'tell you' that the hood is open or not properly locked (the same thing it does if you leave a door or the hatch open).

heh! My '02 CR-V does not do this if I recall correctly.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by justintime
Found another interesting thing today: If you open the hood, and then attempt to lock the car with the alarm, the car will NOT confirm with the horn on the second press of the remote button. It tries to 'tell you' that the hood is open or not properly locked (the same thing it does if you leave a door or the hatch open).

heh! My '02 CR-V does not do this if I recall correctly.
So the alarm is only set if you make it beep? I must have missed that.
As far as a place to mount your sensor, get it out in front of the radiator on the grille under the bumper.
Moon

Old 06-04-2009, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
halfmmonclip:

If the second press of the button does NOT make the alarm 'beep', it means one of your doors is open.... or possibly the hood as I just found out. That's what I was trying to say. I thnk if you leave the hood open and 'arm' the alarm, it will arm it.... it just won't confirm with a beep on second press...

Old 06-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Justintime is correct. Car will not beep (when locking) if any door/hatch or hood is not closed/latched.

I've found the rear compartment on the right side of the hatch holds a travel size tire pump like this...
and my tire plug kit perfectly. Very useful to keep in the car in case of a flat on the car or on our mountain bikes.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:55 PM
I discovered this morning that none of the front seat cupholders are adequate for holding a 1-liter bottle of soda fully upright, either due to diameter or height.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dtrotzjr
The Sport w/ Navi when switching between my wife's and my own iPod remembers the last song that was playing.

Somewhat annoying, the USB device (iPod in my case) must be unplugged when trying to use the Aux input. I do this when playing my Inno XM radio on the Aux channel.

I didn't have to do that, I just pushed the USB AUX button one more time to switch from USB to AUX

Old 06-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by justintime
halfmmonclip:

If the second press of the button does NOT make the alarm 'beep', it means one of your doors is open.... or possibly the hood as I just found out. That's what I was trying to say. I thnk if you leave the hood open and 'arm' the alarm, it will arm it.... it just won't confirm with a beep on second press...
I think I saw the 'armed' light blinking with one press. Gotta watch a little closer.
Thnx,
Moon

Old 06-08-2009, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
I noticed something interesting the other day that I hadn't noticed before. The Nav screen is angled just a little to the left, so it's easier to view from the driver's seat. I finally (after only 6 weeks of ownership!) let my friend drive my Fit the other day, and I sat in the passenger seat for the first time (at least the first time while the car was moving). I realized that I couldn't see the Nav screen as well; it seemed like it was much harder to decipher the map from the passenger seat! That's when I saw that the screen is angled. Don't know why I hadn't seen that before.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
09 Fit Sport w/Navi: Found this the other day when it was raining out. With the headlights on, turn the gauge dimmer all the way to the right, and the nav screen will change from the night setting (Black background, white roads) to the daytime setting ( white/beige background/black roads).

Old 06-08-2009, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CoryBoyUSA
I discovered this morning that none of the front seat cupholders are adequate for holding a 1-liter bottle of soda fully upright, either due to diameter or height.
uhm... i think you may have bigger problems to worry about in the future if you are often drinking 1 liter of soda.

let it ride shotgun...

Old 06-08-2009, 11:38 PM
I've noticed that the owner's manual is not only written in honest-to-goodness plain english (on closing the hood: "Lower the hood to about a foot above the grill and just let it drop, then check it to make sure its closed securely." and "This gauge tells you how much gas you have left."), whereas my Subaru would go something like "Lower the hood gently to approximately 36cm above the level of the front trim piece and allow it to close using mostly gravitational force...blah blah."

It also explains how to perform basic maintenance, which I think rules.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:34 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mole177
uhm... i think you may have bigger problems to worry about in the future if you are often drinking 1 liter of soda.

let it ride shotgun...

LOL
shotgun also here. why do they have to make gatorade bottles so big.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by niko3257
LOL
shotgun also here. why do they have to make gatorade bottles so big.
Because Americans are fat, and us fat kids like our big bottles.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
OK guys, I found a new thing today with my 09 Ge8 fit:

When the DRL lights are ON, you will notice that the 'high beam' blue light on your dash will light up at about 20% intensity.

I have no idea why the hell Honda did this, it makes no sense... the DRL lights are typically ON during the day, and 20% intensity on the little bulb on the dash is not enough for anyone to notice.

The Only way you'll notice this is just before dawn, when your DRLs may be ON and your main headlights still OFF (and just enough darkness out there for you to notice the little blue light partially lit on your dash).

Anyway, its there, and now you know LOL.

PS: You must disengage the parking brake (MT) or move lever out of 'P' (Auto) for DRLs to come on.... in case you're trying to test this!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
^ you're trying too hard...

i found last week during interior cleaning, that if you close the vents, closest to the window, clicks into a locked position so they do not blow open when the fan is on.

Quick Reply: interesting facts: little stuff.