2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

interesting facts: little stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 06:44 PM
TPMS is mandatory in US by law, after that firestone tire explosion thing couple of years ago if anyone still remember.

I would go w/ pencil/USB wire holder for that little clippy thingy. It's multipurpose. I don't have USB so it's now a pencil holder. That top glove compartment has a non-slip mat to keep whatever electronics in it cushioned and not sloshing around during driving. Nice!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by neteng101
... I wonder if we get a smaller battery too in the US - the battery in my Fit looks like it'd be equally at home in a lawn tractor.
No. I think you have the same battery. It's small on Canadian Fits too.

I'm also glad we don't have the TPMS. The extra cost of sensors for winter tire/wheel assys would be too much. Many of us (myself included) get separate steel wheels for our winter tires. It avoids tire dismounting, remounting and rebalancing twice a year.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Same here... I don`t need an ID10T Light for my tire pressure... there has to be a way to bypass the whole system without trying to trick it..hmmm
maybe later on they're gonna come up with something to bypass the TPMS.

really made it harder to change to another set of wheels

Old 11-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Windshield Washer low level indicator? Seriously?

I'm sorry if I'm missing something but what's the difference between periodically checking your windshield washer fluid and periodically checking your tires? I mean, aren't the tires like a million times more important than your windshield wiper fluid?

Old 11-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by 888fit
no, it's not a defect. it's a safety feature specially if you accidentally press the unlock button or if you accidentally sat on the remote control and depress the unlock button. honda has that feature a long time ago. i remember my '03 Odyssey & my '04 civic si has that feature also. cool safety feature from honda and maybe other car manufactures also.
My 2000 Civic does this.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noxikon
Windshield Washer low level indicator? Seriously?
Yup - its a pretty common item in Canada apparently. In reality, its possible to use up a whole tank of washer fluid pretty easily if there was bad weather for a period (and that's when its least likely you'll be checking the fluid since the weather conditions just means people aren't out playing with their cars).

Low tire pressures can be detected by an observant driver... you'll know based on the handling and feel of the car. You can't tell windshield washer levels unless you actually look under the hood. And its not just for washing - its de-icing too. If you've never driven under bad winter conditions, it will probably never seem important to you, but anyone that has knows.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:43 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
not a big one one but the hood when lifted has two stages.
one normal by the edge of the hood and one at the bottom
so the hood props vertically.
virtical

regular

Last edited by niko3257; 11-02-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
The Navigation clock automatically adjusts for Daylight savings. Mine was correct this morning when I left for work. I've never had navigation before so maybe it's normal.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by neteng101
Yup - its a pretty common item in Canada apparently. In reality, its possible to use up a whole tank of washer fluid pretty easily if there was bad weather for a period (and that's when its least likely you'll be checking the fluid since the weather conditions just means people aren't out playing with their cars).

Low tire pressures can be detected by an observant driver... you'll know based on the handling and feel of the car. You can't tell windshield washer levels unless you actually look under the hood. And its not just for washing - its de-icing too. If you've never driven under bad winter conditions, it will probably never seem important to you, but anyone that has knows.
Ah I see. We don't get very much snow here at all, so all I really use the windshield washer fluid for is to clean off the bug juice lol.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by cranky18
The Navigation clock automatically adjusts for Daylight savings. Mine was correct this morning when I left for work. I've never had navigation before so maybe it's normal.
It kind of has to, in order to be able to accurately project your arrival time, etc. The non-Navi clock, not surprisingly, does not adjust by itself.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by Snoodmaster
I like that after you turn the ignition off, you can still operate the windows for 10 minutes. (as long as you don't open the door)
what if an idiot catches her/his arm across the window while its on the rise during the closing seconds of the 10minutes after you turnoff the ignition, you'd scramble with your other arm to get the key inside the ignition again? what if you cant reach it?

Old 11-04-2008, 05:34 AM
Not really an feature, but I think one of the coolest things the car does is how fast the radio goes on and off.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by WiggumS2K
Not really an feature, but I think one of the coolest things the car does is how fast the radio goes on and off.
Also, that it turns on if you press the Aux, CD, or FM buttons and plays the selected source. A nice shortcut.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:17 AM
The side mirrors fold in! (Out actually, but they end up flat against the car). I accidentally did this and I thought I just snapped my side mirror and got all upset, but then I pushed it forward and realized that it does this intentionally.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pating
what if an idiot catches her/his arm across the window while its on the rise during the closing seconds of the 10minutes after you turnoff the ignition, you'd scramble with your other arm to get the key inside the ignition again? what if you cant reach it?
Why wouldn't you have closed the windows at the beginning of the 10 minutes? Even so, if you were still in your car you could just roll the window back down. I don't understand how your scenario poses a problem.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:25 AM
That is a feature I miss...

Originally Posted by Snoodmaster
I like that after you turn the ignition off, you can still operate the windows for 10 minutes. (as long as you don't open the door)
I was so annoyed when I realized my '08 Fit was lacking the window operation feature after the ignition is turned off.

My last three cars had this feature and it turned out to be real convienient. I still get caught with the engine off and the windows down. Old habits die hard!
Something to look forward to when I purchase my next Fit I guess.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:23 AM
This was kind of mentioned, but I would like to expand on it...

When you have the windshield wipers on and go in reverse, the windshield wipers go twice... but if you continue to back up, it will swish again on a periodic basis until you take it out of reverse. :-)

Old 11-14-2008, 05:17 PM
if you have the wipers on and put it in reverse the rear wiper takes two swipes to clear the rain even without putting the rear wiper on !!!

Old 12-13-2008, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by niko3257
not a big one one but the hood when lifted has two stages.
one normal by the edge of the hood and one at the bottom
so the hood props vertically.
A lot of good and cool info guys.

I "NEVER" would have got this one on my own.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
I use that cup holder for my Moto Q9c

the forward cup holder in the center console aggravates me because my green tea wont fit (it's too tall). Realized yesterday it fits perfectly in the door. Didn't know there was even a cup holder there.

Nothing like 6 cup holders for the front two passengers...
One to drink and 2 to P!$$ in.

Quick Reply: interesting facts: little stuff.