2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

interesting facts: little stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:46 AM
Oh, great... I guess I should have read ALL of the other posts. You guys have already mentioned the "door relocking" issue.

Sorry about that.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by woode
I unlocked the doors with the remote when on my way to the car. I didn't open the door right away, and after about 30 seconds it relocked. I thought that maybe I didn't really open it in the first place & forgot about it. The next day, the same thing happened while I was standing there. I'm assuming that it is a safety feature that will relock the door if you decide not to open the door & forget to relock? Didn't know that there would be a need for such a feature, unless it's a defect.
no, it's not a defect. it's a safety feature specially if you accidentally press the unlock button or if you accidentally sat on the remote control and depress the unlock button. honda has that feature a long time ago. i remember my '03 Odyssey & my '04 civic si has that feature also. cool safety feature from honda and maybe other car manufactures also.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:33 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Trogdor!
I just noticed this yesterday!

In the top glove box, there's a rubber pen holder on the top part of the opening. No more digging around looking for a pen!

it's not a pen holder it's for the usb.
just like the other poster said it's to skinny.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Its a pen holder. Lets take a vote. Its just too silly to simply hold the usb wire, what do you gain really?

Old 10-31-2008, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dtrotzjr
Its a pen holder. Lets take a vote. Its just too silly to simply hold the usb wire, what do you gain really?
My vote goes to it being a pen holder. It can't be for the USB wire. My car doesn't have the USB but it still has the "pen holder".

Old 10-31-2008, 11:58 AM
I vote for pen holder too.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:54 PM
it's a pen holder. but you can use it whatever way you want to use it.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

I think I read on a Honda site that it is a pen holder, but as mentioned use it for whatever it works for.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
tire pressure gauge holder? Us Canadians don't get the privilege of having a TPMS....and the old school tire pressure gauges are basically like pens....(so I agree that it's pen holder too).
Though I have to add that I have yet to notice that slot in my Fit. I'll have to check when I leave work here =p

Old 10-31-2008, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M4psycho
Us Canadians don't get the privilege of having a TPMS...
Consider yourself privileged - seriously, TPMS is just a baby monitor for stupid people that don't check their tire pressures. It ends up being an electronic gizmo requiring expensive sensors that break and gives you false alarms at times. I'd trade off TPMS anyday for heated side mirrors and the windshield washer low gauge.

I have ran out of windshield washer fluid before. I've never had a tire lose enough air that it was a danger without me realizing it ever... by the time a tire gets to 20 psi I can tell something is wrong and not keep on driving.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
The American model doesn't have heated mirrors?

I've become quite notorious for checking for flat tires...my old car had a run where I had to check it all the time 'cause the rims were fairly rusted so the bead seal was never good. Such a downer when you see that your tires are flat! And when you look at them that much sometimes they look flat even when they aren't!

Old 10-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by neteng101
Consider yourself privileged - seriously, TPMS is just a baby monitor for stupid people that don't check their tire pressures. It ends up being an electronic gizmo requiring expensive sensors that break and gives you false alarms at times. I'd trade off TPMS anyday for heated side mirrors and the windshield washer low gauge.

I have ran out of windshield washer fluid before. I've never had a tire lose enough air that it was a danger without me realizing it ever... by the time a tire gets to 20 psi I can tell something is wrong and not keep on driving.
Wow, you DON'T have a low washer level warning light? Well that, my 4.5L windshield washer reservoir and heated side mirrors make me feel slightly less envious of the U.S. '09 Fit Sport with it's gear indicator and map lights... Never did want the TPMS so no loss to me!

Old 10-31-2008, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
I'm a little disappointed that the Canadian model doesn't have the Navi option...not that I would have gotten it but it would've been nice to have as an option =p. Heated side mirrors will be sooo nice to have this winter...winter's are brutal here in Alberta! haha

Old 10-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by M4psycho
I'm a little disappointed that the Canadian model doesn't have the Navi option...not that I would have gotten it but it would've been nice to have as an option =p. Heated side mirrors will be sooo nice to have this winter...winter's are brutal here in Alberta! haha
I agree. Since our Sport IS more $$ than the US version, why didn't we get the Navi/VSA option? Seriously. Oh, I'm in Northeastern Ontario (Sudbury region) so winters here are no fun either! Trying to get Weathertech floor liners before the snow flies but apparently there's at LEAST a month delay in these going out (brand new). Great....

Old 10-31-2008, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
I agree. Since our Sport IS more $$ than the US version, why didn't we get the Navi/VSA option? Seriously. Oh, I'm in Northeastern Ontario (Sudbury region) so winters here are no fun either! Trying to get Weathertech floor liners before the snow flies but apparently there's at LEAST a month delay in these going out (brand new). Great....
heh I don't think the liners will make much difference if you have the all weather mats. The all weather mats cover the floor pretty good anyways (at least I think so). What I might just end up doing is shampooing the dirty parts of my floor right after winter. It should come out pretty easy if I don't be lazy and just leave it for years on end.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
I have the OEM all-season floor mats - they should do plenty fine for winters.

Yes - we don't get all the nice anti-weather stuffs. Luckily they didn't omit the wiper on the rear hatch. I wonder if we get a smaller battery too in the US - the battery in my Fit looks like it'd be equally at home in a lawn tractor.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:23 PM
Well coverage with the OEM all-weather mats is excellent for the rear, good for the front passenger, but not adequate for the driver side. The WeatherTech liners are very $$$ but ultimately worth it if they save my carpeting! I used the salt removal stuff with my Mazda3 but could never completely remove all the winter crap, hence wanting more complete protection with my Fit.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Low washer level warning light???

Low washer level warning light, that woulda been a nice feature...

I wonder if the US Fits can do a conversion?

Tire gauge holder is another good use, if its slim enough. The ones I got are all thicker than regular pens. Maybe I'm gonna use mine as a cigarette holder..

Old 10-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by neteng101

Amen to that! I'd rather have a car without TPMS.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Retired Moderator
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 888fit
Amen to that! I'd rather have a car without TPMS.
Same here... I don`t need an ID10T Light for my tire pressure... there has to be a way to bypass the whole system without trying to trick it..hmmm

Quick Reply: interesting facts: little stuff.