2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

interesting facts: little stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by mole177
another little thing is that the rear seats can recline another notch!!!!!

i am once again amazed....

Lol! Thank you very much "mole177" I didn't believe you at first. I said to my self, NO WAY! until I tried it my self. I remember my eldest daughter complaining of the seat being too upright. Now, I can tell her the good news. That's why I am wondering why Honda made the lock bracket so long. Didn't know that it's to recline the seat some more.

Try it guys! Just lift the release latch and push back the seat some more.

My sales man didn't tell me about this and as well as the owners manual.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tastycakes
The rear seats recline? GTFO lol
seriously, it does! just lift the lock latch and push back the seat some more.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone notice the doors auto lock after you unlock them, if you don't open the door within a short timeframe of unlocking? In a way its good, in another way its rather annoying.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, in the manual I think it says that it locks the doors back if you don't open them in 30 seconds.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 09BlackPearlMT
put it in reverse with the wipers on and the rear wiper automatically cycles twice.
I thought i was experiencing new car electrical gremlins

Old 10-28-2008, 11:00 AM
yeah, the same thought crossed my mind too. Of course once I figured out what was going on my amazement only confirmed my girlfriend's opinion that yes, I am a dork.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Yeah, in the manual I think it says that it locks the doors back if you don't open them in 30 seconds.
It's the same on all Hondas. My S2000 did it, my dad's TL does it, my sister's Civic does it.

Also noticed the rear wiper thing for the first time yesterday... I was confused, because I hadn't turned the rear wiper on!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by barams
if you reprogram the door locks to open all when you shut off the engine.

if a passenger gets ansty and manually unlocks the door before you shut off the engine the auto open all will not work.
How do you do this? I need to know. Very annoying.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by HarrisonGreeleyIII
How do you do this? I need to know. Very annoying.
I followed the steps in this post and now all my doors unlock when I put the car in Park.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post464791

Old 10-30-2008, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
I just noticed this yesterday!

In the top glove box, there's a rubber pen holder on the top part of the opening. No more digging around looking for a pen!

Old 10-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Is that what that is? I thought it was to hold the USB cord or something. As if that makes sense.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:14 PM
yeah, that's a pen holder. but you can only use it for a slim pen. oh well! nice feature though.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:19 PM
I am not sure if I left it on by mistake but it seems like under a certain cold temperature, after you start the car, the antidefrost/heated mirror switch will turn itself on....

Old 10-30-2008, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 09BlackPearlMT
put it in reverse with the wipers on and the rear wiper automatically cycles twice.

I had a VW Rabbit rental for a bit earlier this year. The first time I put in in reverse, the rear wiper activated. That's when I learned that there was no wiper blade in the arm. The scraping & screeching sound that emanated from the window scared the crap out of me.

It happened every time and I could find no way to turn it off. Annoying as hell.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by cruzitude
When I picked mine up I had to show my salesman that one, he said they didn't recline.

I have and 08 BBP and my back seats recline an extra notch. But it is not that big of a recline. I found out about the rear seats by accident. Pretty cool though. My 7yr old daughter thinks its "SWEEEET".

Old 10-30-2008, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KcFitWmn
I have and 08 BBP and my back seats recline an extra notch. But it is not that big of a recline. I found out about the rear seats by accident. Pretty cool though. My 7yr old daughter thinks its "SWEEEET".

The seats are not locked secure when the rear seats are in recline. I don't know how secure they'd be in an accident, and I wouldn't want my child sitting in them in that position.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FyrFytr

The seats are not locked secure when the rear seats are in recline. I don't know how secure they'd be in an accident, and I wouldn't want my child sitting in them in that position.
The recline is quite minimal...and in an accident the seatbelt would probably still kick in before any serious damage would be done. If you have small children though, then I hardly doubt that they'll notice a difference, reclined or not....besides, you should be teaching them to be sitting straight up so they don't mess up their backs early on!

Old 10-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by FyrFytr
I dont let her sit in it with the rear seats reclined. She just saw it reclined when I was messing around with the rear seats.

I in no way encourage parents to recline the seats back when the kids are in a car seat.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:15 PM
As the weather turns colder, put the coffee in the holder near the side mirror, put the fan on 1 (low), the setting to 'face', the heat way up...instant cup warmer. It's actually REALLY hot!

Old 10-31-2008, 12:45 AM
Door Relocks if you don't open

I unlocked the doors with the remote when on my way to the car. I didn't open the door right away, and after about 30 seconds it relocked. I thought that maybe I didn't really open it in the first place & forgot about it. The next day, the same thing happened while I was standing there. I'm assuming that it is a safety feature that will relock the door if you decide not to open the door & forget to relock? Didn't know that there would be a need for such a feature, unless it's a defect.

Quick Reply: interesting facts: little stuff.