2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

interesting facts: little stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by mega56
That skinny little slot right next to the hand brake is where i put my phone. I have one of those tall slim phones and it fits perfectly in there.
That's where I put the remote for my sat. radio!

Old 01-09-2010, 02:02 PM
A lot of you guys new to Honda cars?

(A good number of these items have been on the last 2 Hondas I've owned)

I owned a GMC truck for a little while a few years back. When you're accustomed to Honda's ergonomics, a GM vehicle will drive you nuts (at least the older designs - the newer ones have gotten better).

But examples such as this:

That's the classic GM turn signal lever...

Cruise, washer, wipers, turn signals, dimmer, all on one stalk. WTF were they thinking?

Of course, the headlights were on the dash - the knob didn't do much - the headlights were automated with a light sensor. The vertically oriented roller knob dimmed the dashboard panels. If you turned it all the way up, the dome light came on. If you didn't want the dome light to come on, you pushed the toggle button that reads "Dome Override" If you wanted to disable the automatic headlights so that you could control the headlights with the knob, you pushed the dome override toggle four times within six seconds.

They should've named themselves "Byzantine Motors" overly complex, hamstrung by tradition, and conquered by foreign invaders!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Occam

They should've named themselves "Byzantine Motors" overly complex, hamstrung by tradition, and conquered by foreign invaders!
Your description is well taken, but it took what, 13 centuries for Constatinople to fall? Even propped up by the Gummint, I doubt GM will hold out that long.
Moon

Old 01-10-2010, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Don't know how this will help anybody, but the seat belt for the rear middle passenger will stretch all the way to the windshield

Old 01-10-2010, 03:36 PM
If you plug in your iPhone and let it begin playing the first song, and then start up Slacker or Pandora, it will stop the iPod, but leave the audio link open. You can then us the USB connection as a line in that simultaneously charges the battery.

Also, even though the actual navigation through the audio is ungodly cumbersome using the volume knob, you can select an artist through the phone's interface while it is unconnected, even start it playing, and it will stay selected to that artist after you connect the cord - useful tip for podcasts!

I do think I'm going to record an audio file titled aaaaaaaaa.mp3 consisting only if me saying "Connected" so that I don't have to hear the first 10 seconds of "About a Girl" by Nirvana every time I connect it!

Old 02-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I was cleaning the steel wheels from my '09 base getting ready to sell them and noticed that the holes in the wheel are not the same. 10 are 30 mm in diameter and 9 are 22 mm in diameter with weird spacing as well. Since these wheels are made for TPMS (so marked) maybe this helps balance the wheel.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by akmccue
I was cleaning the steel wheels from my '09 base getting ready to sell them and noticed that the holes in the wheel are not the same. 10 are 30 mm in diameter and 9 are 22 mm in diameter with weird spacing as well. Since these wheels are made for TPMS (so marked) maybe this helps balance the wheel.
Yep. The OEM alloy wheels have, as I understand it, slightly deeper spokes on the side opposite from the TMPS sensor to help balance it.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by akmccue
Interesting. The Canadian wheels are different. We don't have the TPMS.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Cap
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by neteng101
I have the OEM all-season floor mats - they should do plenty fine for winters.

Yes - we don't get all the nice anti-weather stuffs. Luckily they didn't omit the wiper on the rear hatch. I wonder if we get a smaller battery too in the US - the battery in my Fit looks like it'd be equally at home in a lawn tractor.

heh heh, no, we get the little dinky toy batteries up here too

Old 02-25-2010, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not reading 11 pages to check if this has been posted, but you can use the drivers side power window after you shut the car off [fully off even]- leaving the key in, such as at the gas station. I don't know how long you have until it powers off completely, and it does power off, but it's cool that you have some time I suppose.

Dan

Old 02-25-2010, 11:52 PM
The fit really does have a steering wheel lock. You have to turn it half a rotation. Also, Honda labels the oil drain bolt and the jacking points with triangles.

If this has been mentioned already then sorry

Old 02-26-2010, 12:05 AM
if you have a fit navi, if you leave the lid that covers the navigation CD slot open, when you close the screen, the lid pops back into place (without you touching it!!)

You can keep opening and closing the nav screen without accesory power until the cows come home.

On a 10 degree slope, it takes exactly 5 clicks of the parking brake to hold the fit while in neutral.

in europe there is no torque converter automatic. you have to get a 6 speed automated manual (like a lamborghini!!!)

this is my favorite thread.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:20 AM
the rear tailight housings have a soft silverish garnish (as opposed to shiny mirror finish) as to not glare drivers behind you. And one of the reasons that the US has different tailights than JDM or Euro is because the Department of Transportation requires reflectors for the rear taillights, and if it weren't for the Canadians, we wouldn't have the stupid DRL's .....jk Canada is cool!!!

oh oh.... when you pull the inside handles on the headliner, they softly return to their original place so you dont have to experience that clang as it snaps back to place.

USDM fits have the same seat bottoms (molded a little differently though) as the US accord, other markets have the smaller seat bottoms. We're fatties!!

Old 02-26-2010, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
I'd much rather have the DRL's than not. People are so lazy about turning on any form of exterior light that they might as well be a ghost on the road. I want to know that I'm seen and I want to be able to see other cars around me at all times. Canada has very good reason for mandating DRL's and I just wish they were mandated here.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
I don't know how long you have until it powers off completely
I think the manual says 10 minutes.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
I think the manual says 10 minutes.
or until a door is opened i do believe.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by meyerman
or until a door is opened i do believe.
Correct. Per the manual: "The windows will operate for up to 10 minutes after you turn off the ignition switch. Opening either front door cancels this function."

Old 02-27-2010, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
I don't know how I missed this thread for 9 months. I read the whole 10 pages, and learned several new things, such as 2-position hood prop, pen holder in upper glovebox, and gas cap holder.

Re thicker spokes on the OEM alloy wheels, using a digital caliper, I cannot measure any significant difference between the spokes on the tire valve side of the wheel and opposite. I'm not saying there isn't a weight differential to compensate for the valve stem and TPMS, but I can't find any measurable difference in the spokes.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
It doesn't matter which button you press on the key fob to lock your car. IOW, if the car is un-locked and you press open......it will lock within ~15-20 secs.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:21 PM
I finally got a USB drive and plugged it in. And I must conclude that the "pen holder" was designed for a USB drive (and just happens to fit a pen too). It just fits the USB drive too perfectly and the wire is just the right length!

Quick Reply: interesting facts: little stuff.