2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 Cargo cover and the magic seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by jenhonski
Bernardi is a dealer that sells the cars? or do they just sell parts only?
They are a Honda dealer in MA that also has a discount Honda parts business on the web.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
I got mine from college hills honda and there are no smells. I'm glad because something like that would bother just about anyone!

Old 01-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Cargo cover craziness

I wonder if some dealers are selling 08 Fit cargo covers. Honda Canada said that they couldn't guarantee the 08 cargo cover would fit, but if it's close enough, some dealers might be using them for 09 Fits.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rhinox
Thanks for the tip. I wonder if there is a high demand for something like this? Just seems the solution they have for the 09 is so inelegant...
My guess for the change from the roller blind style to the hard cover is for practical purposes and may be the result of complaints.

The blind style wasn't set up to hold/support objects on top of it. It was only a sun-shade cover for the lower portion of the cargo area. Which is fine. Unless you have kids who thrash about in the back seat. Or want to use that cargo cover as a little shelf.

If I remember right, the CRX had a hard cover. Yaris, hard cover. It allows that back area to be like a traditional car. You know, a place to put bobbleheads.

Picture of 5-door Yaris with hatch open showing shelf/cover here:
Toyota Yaris - 2009 Pictures & Photo Gallery

I think it would have been good to offer two choices, the roller blind style AND the hard cover (like convertible car tops, soft top, hard top).

Then the owner of the car can pick out which cover is best for their own purposes. Or not have a cover at all, if they don't need it.

They already offer two kinds of floor mats. And just like with the splash guards only for the base model, maybe Honda will offer the roller cover later in the year, as well as splash guards for the Sport model.

On one site they show the splash guards painted body color:
Honda Fit / Jazz Mud Guard - $35 £ºSGcarStyling.net, Singapore Online Car Accessories Shop

Honda is missing opportunity by not having things available that are useful and practical that people really want.