2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Unlock my doors, please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 02:53 AM
dgs
My 2009 Hyundai Sonata auto locked when the car was going more than 10 miles per hour and then auto unlocked when the car was put in park, all doors that is. I really didn't pay much attention to it as I thought all cars did this, until I got my Fit... Really annoying having the doors stay locked when the key is removed from the ignition. However it seems like this fix makes it so the car never auto locks either. I like that feature so I'll have to think about whether I want to reprogram the locks. At least it's nice there is an option.

Also, some people hated the auto unlock feature on the Sonata, mostly women as they felt it could be unsafe while stopping in a strange/bad neighborhood. So the moral is you can't please everyone I guess.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:38 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Originally Posted by dgs
My 2009 Hyundai Sonata auto locked when the car was going more than 10 miles per hour and then auto unlocked when the car was put in park, all doors that is. I really didn't pay much attention to it as I thought all cars did this, until I got my Fit... Really annoying having the doors stay locked when the key is removed from the ignition. However it seems like this fix makes it so the car never auto locks either. I like that feature so I'll have to think about whether I want to reprogram the locks. At least it's nice there is an option.

Also, some people hated the auto unlock feature on the Sonata, mostly women as they felt it could be unsafe while stopping in a strange/bad neighborhood. So the moral is you can't please everyone I guess.
My Fit locks when it gets over 10mph and unlocks when you turn off the car... Not sure why yours doesnt.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:37 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
My Fit locks when it gets over 10mph and unlocks when you turn off the car... Not sure why yours doesnt.

autos are different than sticks.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:57 AM
i didnt know i can autolock on ma car^-^

Old 06-06-2009, 06:38 AM
how about locking it automatically? do u have any ideas? i mean, when you start the car so that it would lock itself automatically?

Old 06-06-2009, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fallen19
how about locking it automatically? do u have any ideas? i mean, when you start the car so that it would lock itself automatically?
The factory default setting is to lock the doors automatically. If you have an AT, there are two options: the doors automatically lock when you take the vehicle out of Park, or they lock when you begin driving and your speed gets to about 9 MPH. (On an MT, only the second option is available.)

If yours doesn't lock automatically, someone has disabled this feature. You can find easy-to-follow instructions in either the Owner's Manual or the Quick Start Guide.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Ando
The factory default setting is to lock the doors automatically. If you have an AT, there are two options: the doors automatically lock when you take the vehicle out of Park, or they lock when you begin driving and your speed gets to about 9 MPH. (On an MT, only the second option is available.)

If yours doesn't lock automatically, someone has disabled this feature. You can find easy-to-follow instructions in either the Owner's Manual or the Quick Start Guide.

hey ando.. thanks for the reply..
im sorry but im from the philippines.. i used to own a GD, but now i just got a GE last week, and im wondering how can i do this feature..? i most probably think that this feature is off for mine.. how do i turn it on?

Old 06-06-2009, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry, it was early this morning when I posted my reply, and I didn't want to get the manual out of my car. Here are the instructions:

Park Mode (locks all doors and tailgate when the shift lever is moved out of Park--AT only):
  • Make sure the shift lever is in Park, and the driver's door is closed.
  • Turn the ignition swithc to ON (II).
  • Push and hold the master door lock switch on the driver's door. You will hear a clicking sound. Keep holding down the switch until you ear another clicing sound (about five seconds).
  • Release the switch and then turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) within five seconds.
Drive Mode (Locks all doors and tailgate when the vehicle's speed reaches about 9 MPH--AT or MT):
  • Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and close the driver's door.
  • Apply the parking brake.
  • Push and hold the brake pedal.
  • Move the shift lever out of Park.
  • Push and hold the master door lock switch on the driver's door. You will hear a clicking sound. Keep holding down the switch until you ear another clicking sound (about five seconds).
  • Release the switch and then, within five seconds, move the shift lever into Park and turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
That should do it for you.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Yes, I know this is an old thread, but the procedure listed by CrystalFitMT did work on my 2009 MT sport, and my owners manual says only the driver door can be automatically unlocked.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:54 PM
As others have noted sometimes you have to wait for three clicks before releasing the door lock/unlock button from the "unlock" position and immediately removing the key. Quite by accident I missed the second "click" (which I'd tried several times without success) and held for another "click", then removed the key. Now all doors unlock when putting it into park.

'09 Fit Sport Auto w/Navi.

My undying grattitude to both qbmurderer13 for pointing me to this thread and CrystalFiveMT for posting the procedure.

Kompai!

Old 06-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ando
Sorry, it was early this morning when I posted my reply, and I didn't want to get the manual out of my car. Here are the instructions:

Park Mode (locks all doors and tailgate when the shift lever is moved out of Park--AT only):
  • Make sure the shift lever is in Park, and the driver's door is closed.
  • Turn the ignition swithc to ON (II).
  • Push and hold the master door lock switch on the driver's door. You will hear a clicking sound. Keep holding down the switch until you ear another clicing sound (about five seconds).
  • Release the switch and then turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) within five seconds.
Drive Mode (Locks all doors and tailgate when the vehicle's speed reaches about 9 MPH--AT or MT):
  • Push and hold the master door lock switch on the driver's door. You will hear a clicking sound. Keep holding down the switch until you ear another clicking sound (about five seconds).
  • Release the switch and then, within five seconds, move the shift lever into Park and turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
That should do it for you.

that's a great help ando... =) thank you. sorry for the trouble..

Old 06-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey great information on the door locks. The wife though it was a real pain when the passenger door did not unlock.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:16 AM
how about for MT? manual transmission..? how do i activate the automatic lock on my doors? tia

Old 06-25-2009, 06:03 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
how about for MT? manual transmission..? how do i activate the automatic lock on my doors? tia

start from the begining and read. you'll find your answer.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
Already Answered

If you had read my previous post, you'd have seen it:

Granted, it says to move the shift lever out of Park, but these are the instructions for AT or MT. I'd assume you move the shift lever into Neutral on the MT.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Even the old geezer figured it out. It took me a few tries. I think I said yippee when I came home after being out Fitting about. When it went into Park I heard all the clicks of the doors opening. Does hatch open too? Hmm.

This was on my 6 day old Cdn Taffy Sport A/T .

Thank you!!

Old 07-14-2009, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Does hatch open too? Hmm.
Yes, all the doors and the hatch unlock when you put the car in Park! That's really handy when I get home after a trip to Wally World--I can get all those goodies out of the hatch with no problems!

Old 07-15-2009, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the tip guys. Finally got all my door to unlock when I shift to park!
What a relief not having to fumble and unlock the passenger door to let out the wife.

This is the procedure I applied:

Insert key and turn forward 2 clicks (don't turn engine on).

- Press and hold the door lock button to its "unlock" position.

- After 5 seconds you'll hear a click. DON'T LET GO YET! Wait another 5 seconds until you hear the second click, then pull out the key.

- You're done!

Last edited by Benggolf; 07-15-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Dear Friends
I have my new Jazz (european Fit model) at one week. I try this instrutions to lock the doors when at 15km/h, but did not work. It is a manual car. I might make some mistakes. I will try to do it, because I still did not understand corrrectly huw to do it (door close, door open, P in parking,...). May be it is also due to my poor english.
Can you help me ? Is thid program done just with car hardware or it is in reality an alarm hardware ? Is anyone with an european model that have done this ?

Thanks

Old 07-23-2009, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Sniff...I've been trying to do this on my 06 Civic EX...can't get it to work.
I do the above instructions but never get the 3rd click...it stops at 2 and I keep holding but nothing. I saw that some people got it to work on civics and crvs but I guess not mine. Oh well, I'll be getting my Fit in a few months and I'll make it work then...

Quick Reply: Unlock my doors, please!