2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Unlock my doors, please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
I tried 3 different ways to see if I can get the doors to unlock when I turn the car off, but everytime the doors unlocked when I put it in park, oh well. Much better than before. Thanks FitFreak.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MrMondayNite
I tried 3 different ways to see if I can get the doors to unlock when I turn the car off, but everytime the doors unlocked when I put it in park, oh well. Much better than before. Thanks FitFreak.
To program the Ignition Switch Unlock mode:
Unlocks the driver's door or all doors and tailgate when the ignition switch is moved out of the ON (II) position.

1. Make sure the shift lever is in the Park (P) position (A/T vehicles).

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position, and make sure to close the driver's door.

3. On A/T vehicles, push and hold the brake pedal, then move the shift lever out of the Park (P) position.

4. Push and hold the rear of the master door lock switch on the driver's door. You will hear a click.

Continue to hold the switch:
● Until you hear another click (after about 5 seconds) to activate driver's door unlock feature.
● Or, until you hear two more clicks (after about 10 seconds) to activate all doors and tailgate unlock feature.

5. Release the switch, and within 5 seconds, turn the ignition switch to the ACCESSORY (I) position. On A/T vehicles, move the shift lever to the Park (P) position.

6. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK (0) position.
I think you might've missed a step.

The steps are the same for both unlock programming, except for the park lever (A/T). Leave it in park while programming to unlock when you put the lever in park. Or, leave it OUT of park while programming to unlock when the ignition key is turned to Accessory.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
I think you might've missed a step.

The steps are the same for both unlock programming, except for the park lever (A/T). Leave it in park while programming to unlock when you put the lever in park. Or, leave it OUT of park while programming to unlock when the ignition key is turned to Accessory.
Thanks for clarifying that up for me, but I think I'm starting to like the doors unlock in park now. I will attempt this method if I change my mind. I'm kind of on the fence right now. Anyways it's way better than it was before, thanks Fitfreak.

Last edited by MrMondayNite; 11-08-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:30 PM
My manual GE came with the setting in place to where when I turn the car off/park the doors unlock. But my dad's GE doesn't unlock when parked -- thanks to this thread I can make his locks respond like mine -- he'll be happy!

Old 11-08-2010, 01:31 AM
This was in my Technology Reference Guide

Hope it helps...

Old 11-28-2010, 02:41 AM
Just got this to work using Crystal's procedure, 2nd post on the first page. Thanks !

Old 01-03-2011, 06:58 PM
What about a non USDM Jazz without the lock/unlock button?

My car only has a lock/unlock latch (beside the opening handle) that when used from the driver's door, locks/unlocks all the doors!

So how to configure this feature?

Old 01-04-2011, 05:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Soussef24

My car only has a lock/unlock latch (beside the opening handle) that when used from the driver's door, locks/unlocks all the doors!

You do not have electric locks? If not then I doubt you can do anything. I suppose in Step 3 you could try holding your latch in open position.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member

You do not have electric locks? If not then I doubt you can do anything. I suppose in Step 3 you could try holding your latch in open position.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
It has the be electrical locks, since it triggers the other doors' locks.

As for it being non-usdm... I am having trouble finding info on google.

My only remaining advice is to try to find it in the owner's manual. It's listed in the owner''s manual for the USDM Fits, so I hope it's the same for all Fit/Jazz.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Yes, it's electric and centralized. Only it's not controlled from the same button (near the window switches) as you have in USDM, but from the same latch with a red sticker you have on each door, although it's only the driver's door one that has centralyzed lock.

So when the driver locks his door using the latch, all doors are locked...

I can't find anything on the User Manual. And I tried the steps you describe using the latch instead of the button, with no luck!

Last edited by Soussef24; 01-04-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, it's electric and centralized. Only it's not controlled from the same button (near the window switches) as you have in USDM, but from the same latch with a red sticker you have on each door, although it's only the driver's door one that has centralyzed lock.

So when the driver locks his door using the latch, all doors are locked...

I can't find anything on the User Manual. And I tried the steps you describe using the latch instead of the button, with no luck!
you may not have the option to program it then. does it even auto-lock or unlock at all?

Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
Most likely it doesn't have the auto-lock at 15km/h(9mph). I know mine doesn't auto lock at any speed. That is one feature I actually hate on US cars and glad they aren't made that way here.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Most likely it doesn't have the auto-lock at 15km/h(9mph). I know mine doesn't auto lock at any speed. That is one feature I actually hate on US cars and glad they aren't made that way here.
Well, in the case of USDM Fits that have it... the manual indicates that you can turn it off, if you so choose.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member
I read this entire thread. Didn't find one instance where someone was just wishing to turn this stupid auto lock off. I have a manual so when I stop and want to get out with the car running I have to manually open the locks. Ugh its a PITA.

I've also googled this problem. Seems a few people have been able to turn off this feature but I haven't been able to duplicate their results. Anyone have any idea on how to just turn this bullshit off? Or am I sol?

Old 03-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Does anyone know how to make the horn beep twice when i unlock my doors? That is how my 2006 Civic is setup.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the tips in the thread. I sat in my 2011 Fit Sport AT with the owner's manual and tried 3 times to set the auto unlock for all doors based on ignition switch. I followed each step exactly according to the manual, but it didn't work.

Then I read the tips in this thread, where several people said to "remove the key from the ignition immediately afterwards". then it finally worked!

the manual specifically said, "within 20 seconds, turn the ignition to the accessory (I) position". so I was taking my time to make sure each step was "registering". Turns out you have to remove the key quickly. Maybe it was a typo and should have read "2" seconds.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Is there a way to get the keylock button to unlock ALL doors with one push?

I can never get the timing right with the 2 push method- it always seems to take a second longer than it should, and I'm afraid my kids are going to rip the handles off the door since they heard the drivers side unlock, and pull the handles instinctively.

I am referring to the actual key though- not the lock button. It seems we should be able to make the key unlock all doors with one push...?

Last edited by fitsburgh_steelers; 03-28-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 03-28-2011, 02:24 PM
This is so easy to do! Lol.
Extremely simple

Old 04-08-2011, 03:22 PM
What I hate is that all doors lock when I put the car in drive. Can that be turned off? Also, maybe the wrong thread, but anyone know how to turn the seatbelt alarm off?
Thanks in advance..

Quick Reply: Unlock my doors, please!