2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

iPhone 3G and '09 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by MattD
Has anyone attempted to answer a call on the 3G while plugged into the USB Port. This would be great info for me because I just got my new Fit, but also because it will be great info for me to tell customer's at my Genius Bar
Fellow Apple employee I see?

My 3G worked fine as far as playing music went. I didn't bother to leave it long enough - primarily because I use a separate iPod.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ERyan1189
When you plug in your iphone, a popup appears on your screen asking if your like to switch to airplane so theres no distortion in the audio. You select no to stay in the standard mode so you still can receive calls. And if you get a text message or get a phone call during the middle of a song, the music volume turns down and your ringer goes off over the radio. Good luck talking on your phone while its plugged in (the standard usb-to-30 pin Ipod plug doesnt reach far)

I bought a car charger for my iPhone from XTreme Mac...it's black and came with a black iPod USB cable that's plenty long enough to talk with while it's plugged in.

http://www.xtrememac.com/chargers/in...auto/index.php

Old 12-01-2008, 12:53 AM
5 Year Member
The "unsupported" box came up and went away. Songs played fine, and it charges the phone as well.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I use an iPhone 3G plugged into the USB port and use a Bluetooth headset. The only are of the iPhone that is"locked" while plugged into the USB oprt on the Fit is the iPod controls; You can look at all you other apps, make phone calls, etc, all without unplugging you 3G.

I also have a 120gig iPod with 18,000 songs on it. The Fit controls on the head unit are not very convienient for browsing when you have alot of content. Is there a faster way to get from "A to Z"??

Old 12-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Okay, this may be a stupid question, but my excuse is that I don't own an iPhone yet. Just thinking about it right now. Anyway, my question:

Can you get turn-by-turn directions on your iphone, and then through the stereo? If so, this would make the extra $1,800 for the Navi fairly irrelevant! If so, how does it work with playing music at the same time?

Old 12-16-2008, 02:46 PM
What would be the best charger / dock / aux cable setup for the phone / fit combo?

I get the iphone tomorrow, and a fit whenever I decide on one.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitforclimbing
Okay, this may be a stupid question, but my excuse is that I don't own an iPhone yet. Just thinking about it right now. Anyway, my question:

Can you get turn-by-turn directions on your iphone, and then through the stereo? If so, this would make the extra $1,800 for the Navi fairly irrelevant! If so, how does it work with playing music at the same time?
No turn by turn on the iPhone...no voice directions either. Sorry

Old 12-16-2008, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Powers
What would be the best charger / dock / aux cable setup for the phone / fit combo?

I get the iphone tomorrow, and a fit whenever I decide on one.
If you have an 09 Fit sport, you just need to get an apple iPod USB cable, like this: Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable - Apple Store (U.S.)

You just leave the cable in the glove box plugged into the USB port, and when you connect your phone to it, you can then control the iPod function of the phone on Fit's radio.

One of these cables comes with the iPhone, but I have 4; one at my nightstand (with wall outlet adapter), one at my computer, one at my work, and one in the Fit.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
If you have an 09 Fit sport, you just need to get an apple iPod USB cable, like this: Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable - Apple Store (U.S.)

You just leave the cable in the glove box plugged into the USB port, and when you connect your phone to it, you can then control the iPod function of the phone on Fit's radio.

One of these cables comes with the iPhone, but I have 4; one at my nightstand (with wall outlet adapter), one at my computer, one at my work, and one in the Fit.
And from what I read in this thread, you can get incoming calls through the factory nav system + iPhone?

Old 12-17-2008, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Powers
And from what I read in this thread, you can get incoming calls through the factory nav system + iPhone?
Well, no. You can't get calls through the nav system like you would through a bluetooth setup, but if the phone is plugged into the USB port and playing music, and you get an incoming call, the music mutes and your phone will start ringing. You can then answer the phone (and leave the cord connected, although it barely reaches to the driver's side ear), and when you hang up your call, the music will kick back in. If you have a bluetooth headset, you can do all of this handsfree by using the headset to answer the call.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:16 PM
I just got my Fit Sport tonight. First thing I tried to do was plug my iPhone in and I get the unsupported error on the radio. No navi, just what comes with the sport.

So I was kind of disappointed, but it seems some people have got it to work. I wonder if this is an Iphone or Honda issue with compatibility? I have the latest iPhone software.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:42 AM
5 Year Member
Are you sure that the last thing you played on your iphone wasn't a video or video podcast? Whenever I just got done watching a movie in the ipod app and plug it in to the Fit, I would get unsupported. Start playing the music on the phone, then plug it in and see what happens.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:16 PM
I finally got it to work, I think the first time I tried I was in video mode. Thanks

Tomorrow I get to dig my Fit out of the snow for the first time. Weeeeee!

Old 01-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
If you have a bluetooth headset, you can do all of this handsfree by using the headset to answer the call.
How are people getting past the issue of the music continuing to play through the bluetooth headset?
When a call comes through, the music stops playing in the Fit, but plays through the headset instead. I can't hardly even hear the person on the other line because of the music.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Alpha Zero
How are people getting past the issue of the music continuing to play through the bluetooth headset?
When a call comes through, the music stops playing in the Fit, but plays through the headset instead. I can't hardly even hear the person on the other line because of the music.
I haven't had this happen to me. I had only used the bluetooth headset in my Fit once (I hardly ever use it, as I hardly ever talk on the phone). I tried it again yesterday to see if I would get the same problem as you, and I didn't. I started some music on my iPhone (bluetooth turned on), plugged it into the Fit's USB cable, opened the bluetooth headset's boom (which turns it on), and started the car. Then while we were on our way, I had my wife call my phone, and it cut off the music on the phone when the phone rang. When I answered the call on my headset, I could hear the music play through it for a split second, then it stayed off. I hung up the call, and the music fired up again. I'm not sure what is causing your problem. Are you using the AUX port instead of the USB port? I don't think that would make a difference anyway. Whenever I get a call on my phone, the music will always stop playing until the call is finished.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:39 PM
i'm using the usb. i don't usually start a song before i plug it in though. i let it start automatically when i select usb.
i'll have to try it again, but so far i have no had success. the music always plays through the headset for the duration of the call. once the call ends, it will start play in the fit again.
i don't have this problem in my c350 though. music plays through the car and when a call comes in, i can pick up the phone call with the built in bluetooth on the car. the music always stops. wierd...