2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What do you DISLIKE about the 2-Gen Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 02:21 AM
Ackkk... I read one post that likened the '09 Fit to a Prius... The Prius looks like a shapeless mound or hump! Those things are taking over in the Seattle area...Maybe they're good for the environment, but in my humble opinion, they're "visual pollution" on the road and I want to gag every time I have to look at one driving by me The '09 Fit may be kinda funky looking - but at least it has character and isn't just a "mound" of a car!

Last edited by SeattleRain; 09-27-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:50 AM
Dislikes for the car so far are blue gauges (wish the were amber), No coin holders, no auto a/c, no option for heated mirrors, no HIDs or autoleveling, need more storage space, rear windows dont go all the way down, autoshifter doesnt look that great (looks to plain and simple to be a sport), and the last but not least honda making all their car with skinny tires.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Simple things...

Same as another poster, I do not own one, but have also reasearched it heavily. "Simple" Touches could make this car more appeapling than it already is.

1. Mounting the paddle shifter on the steering column. (also give them some weight)
2. The Audio controls on the steering whee(even Scions have these)
3. Different color guages on Sport model
4. Beefier Outside Door handles like the Civic's or Accord's
5. Better quality speakers
6. Easier engine bay access
7. Refresh Mode.

All of these changes should be cheap for honda to make on its next year revision. I would love to have on the Sport The rear wheel disk brakes, 1.8L displacement aluminum alloy engine. VSA. 17'' Wheel package. Plus all of the above

Last edited by BTAz; 09-27-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:19 PM
After driving my M/T for two weeks and 1,500 miles I only have these complaints:
1. I wish there was another choice for interior colors on Sport model. Black shows every speck of dust and every dog hair.
2. Air conditioning is weak. It is not doing well with a hot September day. I'm concerned about hot summer days. This seems to be related to power of fans. I hope the heat works well...it can get very chilly here in WI.
3. Stereo/Speakers are pretty average (though the interface and USB is great). I'm replacing with my speakers, head unit, sub, and amp very soon anyway. I'm also way into Sirius.
4. Horn is way to wimpy. I will replace soon.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fliptwister
After driving my M/T for two weeks and 1,500 miles I only have these complaints:
1. I wish there was another choice for interior colors on Sport model. Black shows every speck of dust and every dog hair.
2. Air conditioning is weak. It is not doing well with a hot September day. I'm concerned about hot summer days. This seems to be related to power of fans. I hope the heat works well...it can get very chilly here in WI.
3. Stereo/Speakers are pretty average (though the interface and USB is great). I'm replacing with my speakers, head unit, sub, and amp very soon anyway. I'm also way into Sirius.
4. Horn is way to wimpy. I will replace soon.
I'm selling my XM/Sirius "XpressEZ" portable auto radio. I opened the box but never installed/used it at all.

$30

Let me know if you're interested.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
I'm selling my XM/Sirius "XpressEZ" portable auto radio. I opened the box but never installed/used it at all.

$30

Let me know if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer but I dont need one. I did not know there was a XpressEZ that did Sirius. I'm moving stereo from my old car (4Runner) over to my Fit. I have a Sirius receiver that integrates with my head unit (though I'm unsure where I'm going to put that and my amp).

Old 09-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by FiveFreshFish
1. Need a map light between the two sun visors. One dome light isn't bright enough to light the whole car.

2. The front head rests are a bit too far forward. Safer, yes but it's hard to get into a comfy position. It's always there, touching the back of my head.

3. Sometimes I hit my knee on the switch pod on the lower dash when getting out.

Me too with the darn headrest! Drove 4 hours South 1 day after getting my car and this drove me nuts. You have to recline the back in order to not get constantly wacked in the head by the headrest. Then this puts strain on your back (well, mine anyways). I switched the front headrests yesterday and no more issues! I'll ask my dealer what is up with this since clearly when you are sitting vertically in the driver seat you should NOT have to crane your head/neck forward to get comfortable.

Also agree on the map lights. I thought these now came standard? Guess not as I only have 1 dome light which is too far back (between back seats and front seats) to be useful if you really do need to read a map.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Cargo Area Complaints

As someone who regularly carried bulky ad heavy cargo in my former 2007 Fit, I'm disappointed that the cover over the spare tire is really flimsy - flimsier than on the 2007 Fit. I have to figure out how to reinforce it.

Also, I wish Honda would have put an on-off switch on the cargo light; I often leave it open for hours at a time. Or at least, use a LED for light...I have already disconnected it.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by shneor
Also, I wish Honda would have put an on-off switch on the cargo light; I often leave it open for hours at a time. Or at least, use a LED for light...I have already disconnected it.
Honda makes a cross platform part # that has a switch in the light... I have to find it.... It`s about a 13~15$ part

34265-SFE-003

Old 09-28-2008, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Me too with the darn headrest! Drove 4 hours South 1 day after getting my car and this drove me nuts. You have to recline the back in order to not get constantly wacked in the head by the headrest. Then this puts strain on your back (well, mine anyways). I switched the front headrests yesterday and no more issues! I'll ask my dealer what is up with this since clearly when you are sitting vertically in the driver seat you should NOT have to crane your head/neck forward to get comfortable.

Also agree on the map lights. I thought these now came standard? Guess not as I only have 1 dome light which is too far back (between back seats and front seats) to be useful if you really do need to read a map.
You guys don't even have map lights? Sheez. How 'bout driver/passenger vanity mirrors? Would you say your car is equivalent in price than US? I hope it's cheaper.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
You guys don't even have map lights? Sheez. How 'bout driver/passenger vanity mirrors? Would you say your car is equivalent in price than US? I hope it's cheaper.
Oh don't TELL me the US Sport got map lights!!!!! Yes, we got vanity mirrors but, as compared to US our Sport auto has NO: map lights (only centrally located dome light), gear indicator, paddle shifters, audio control on steering wheel. What else do you guys get that we don't??? FYI, my car's MSRP is $20,480 CDN.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:44 PM
That would be excellent!! Hope you can find the part #.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Look above the picture... the part # is there....

Old 09-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Honda Cargo Light

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Look above the picture... the part # is there....
If the part# is 34265-SFE-003, it does not appear to be valid in the US - or at least, it does not show up in Honda parts suppliers that I have checked out so far.

Thx.

- ok - it's an Acura part (RDX/MDX)...

Last edited by shneor; 09-28-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Retired Moderator
It`s a Japanese part... for a Honda Stream over here...

Old 09-28-2008, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
I've had mine for 2 weeks and 1200 miles and the only thing that is really bugging me is the rattling noises. I have on the passenger side somewhere and one in the hatch area. This is my first econo car and I was wondering if anyone else has rattles? Its not a big deal since I can't hear them with the radio on but it still bugs.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TWGE08
I've had mine for 2 weeks and 1200 miles and the only thing that is really bugging me is the rattling noises. I have on the passenger side somewhere and one in the hatch area. This is my first econo car and I was wondering if anyone else has rattles? Its not a big deal since I can't hear them with the radio on but it still bugs.
I had a few. Some are normal at the time of delivery. Things are settling. I've been putting velcro strips where I think the rattles are coming from. But the rattles aren't too bad, it's just the rest of the car is so tight and solid that any little noise is going to be pronounced.

I think I just cured the last rattle in my car. (crosses fingers) If it's gone it will make a huge difference in my love for the car and fun on the road.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I have had my 09 Fit for about a week, and I have minor complaints so far:
1) The gas tank is too small. If it had a 12 gallon tank, that would easily get the car past the 300 mile range between fill-ups. I had to fill up after only 270 miles. MPG is great, but range matters too.
2) No engine temperature gauge. There's dummy lights, but no actual guage to see if you're starting to run hot or overworking the car.
3) From the brochures, there was a photo of a bike standing straight up (front wheel off) with the seats in "tall mode." It must have been a kids' size bike in the photo, b/c my road bike won't fit in that way. It fits with the seats folded down completely and laying on it's side.
4) In "D" mode, paddle shifters are kind of useless. The transmission will shift on you immediately. You have to put it into "S" mode to get the transmission to hold a gear. I wish there was a better middle ground between totally automatic and totally manual.
5) The a/c vents don't seem big enough or powerful enough. Or maybe don't get enough outflow. Not sure.
6) No lock on the gas tank door, or the gas cap itself. People are getting desperate these days and siphoning gas!

Overall, I am very happy with the car. I just see little things that would be an improvement. At this pricepoint, it's a great car for the money.

Last edited by farcinue; 09-28-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by farcinue
3) From the brochures, there was a photo of a bike standing straight up (front wheel off) with the seats in "tall mode." It must have been a kids' size bike in the photo, b/c my road bike won't fit in that way. It fits with the seats folded down completely and laying on it's side.
For the record: In the 09 Fit Brochure (and on the Honda webpage) it shows the mountain bike in the car using Utility Mode with all the seats down & the front wheel off. It is on the foldout page that shows the different modes.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:35 PM
1. No height adjustment to seats.

2. No volume, track controls on steering wheel. (Sport trim)

3. No center console.

5. Cargo cover for 2009 models is cumbersome and inefficient. Non-compatibility with 2007/2008 cargo covers.

For those who complained that the audio system is weaksauce. I must be the only one not going deaf, but am I the only one that actually thinks the 6 speaker audio system is reallly good? The volume dialed at like 13 is more than enough for me! lol

Quick Reply: What do you DISLIKE about the 2-Gen Fit?