2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What do you DISLIKE about the 2-Gen Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ye fit
steering wheel audio controls
Yeah, I was surprised when Honda didn't add this for 09. On the 07-08, the blank space on the left side of the wheel seems like the obvious place to put even the most basic audio controls (volume up/down and track skip). My Accord from 8 years ago had this. It's a small convenience item that goes a long way in making sure your eyes stay on the road and not the HU.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:17 PM
no freaking sun roof! & no floor mats!

a small thing that bothers me

Old 09-09-2008, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
No refresh mode?!?! WHATTT!!!

I have only busted out the flat seats twice, but both times it was at drive-in movies and believe me it was worthwhile.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by i heart fits
no freaking sun roof! & no floor mats!

a small thing that bothers me
They never came with floor mats as standard even the old Fit. Actually no car I know has floor mat that comes standard, they are all options. I am glad they don't have sunroof, it makes the car too heavy and less headroom. Eventually will start leaking and rust around it.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mehow
We are all aware of the many strong features of the 2-Gen. Fit, but . . .

I've always found it valuable to learn of the negative characteristics of a
So, what criticism do owners have of the 2- Generation Fit (GE)?

Extra weight, displacement still too little, no rear disc brales, and no CVT. Honda is turning into GM. Glitz but no backbone. Sochiro would push somebody out of the way.
PS those are not cost extras.

Last edited by mahout; 09-09-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
I'd like the panoramic roof option.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Retired Moderator
It would be nice to see the Moon roof make it over to the states....More color variation and rear disc brakes....Better Carpet ( looks the same as the 1st gen fits which also was not that great )

Old 09-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Out of the *TEN* cupholders, not one of them is Nalgene-sized. ;>

Old 09-09-2008, 10:18 PM
I dislike the exterior. I just don't like it.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm not a big fan of the shift knob on the MT.

When playing a song in an iPod playlist, if you want to scroll through the songs in the list, you have to start at the top menu and navigate all the way down, manually selecting that same playlist. (I realize this gripe is pretty minor and specific, but it seems like the sort of thing that could have easily been done better.)

Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AK47
I'm not a big fan of the shift knob on the MT.

When playing a song in an iPod playlist, if you want to scroll through the songs in the list, you have to start at the top menu and navigate all the way down, manually selecting that same playlist. (I realize this gripe is pretty minor and specific, but it seems like the sort of thing that could have easily been done better.)
Yeah, it's a safety hazard since it takes forever to scroll down to your playlist. How is it that when playing a song from your ipod you can't press a button and see the tracks in that playlist first? It goes all the way to your top playlist. Something's not right.

Last edited by CrystalFiveMT; 09-10-2008 at 12:10 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 09-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
It would be nice to see the Moon roof make it over to the states....More color variation and rear disc brakes....Better Carpet (looks the same as the 1st gen fits which also was not that great )
Besides a supercharged V-10, here's my short list. If Honda adds all this stuff, the Fit shouldn't be a penny more than $30k.
  • definitely more color options -- this is a fun car
  • VSA as option on ALL Fits
  • steering wheel audio controls -- make standard on Sport
  • rear discs on Sport
  • outside temperature guage
  • sunroof and/or panoramic roof option
  • driver's seat height adjuster
  • 2 interior color choices
  • satellite radio -- especially with navi
  • bluetooth enabled audio system
  • turn signal indicators on sideview mirrors
  • 17" tire & wheel package

Old 09-10-2008, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
I've used refresh mode once for which i can't discuss but it was very refreshing.

Other then that, its 220lbs more weight for some increased size, maybe if it had the panoramic roof i'd be more on board.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by Halcyon
I've used refresh mode once for which i can't discuss but it was very refreshing.

Other then that, its 220lbs more weight for some increased size, maybe if it had the panoramic roof i'd be more on board.

What 220 lbs.?

Originally Posted by Tofuman
The weights are in...

GE8:
Base MT: 2489 lbs. (57 lbs. heavier)
Base AT: 2575 lbs. (61 lbs. heavier)

Sport MT: 2520 lbs. (49 lbs. heavier)
Sport AT: 2604 lbs. (53 lbs. heavier)

Sport with Nav MT: 2534 lbs.
Sport with Nav AT: 2615 lbs.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:26 PM
I agree about the colors, they could be better. Light silver or yellow (like the color of the Fit on the banner on the top of the forum) or even a cool neon green, like the color of this Lamborghini
Green Lamborghini outside Hotel Roosevelt, Hollywood, CA on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

A locking gas door would make sense and the center console with storage would be nice, I have both on my '91 Celica. But then again, I drive a '91 Celica (until I get my '09 Fit) with no A/C, no power locks/windows and the clear coat is really coming off all over - anything would be a step up from that

Old 09-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Yeah, that green and the bright yellow would kill on a Fit...but I'd take the Lambo in a heartbeat...just a few hundred thou is all...

Old 09-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Yeah, that green and the bright yellow would kill on a Fit...but I'd take the Lambo in a heartbeat...just a few hundred thou is all...
Who wouldn't take a Lamborghini?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
wish the cup holders were a little bigger. guess i wont be supersizing anything while in the fit.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:11 PM

What 220 lbs.?

Um, maybe the extra weight was related to the Refresh Mode...

Old 09-10-2008, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
None of the following is by any means a major complaint with the car. They're all minor. But here's what I came up with:

- gauge cluster windows are angled towards light and creates glare, but also easily shows of any microscratches. (There were already some when I took delivery. It's unavoidable it seems)

- MT shifter is a quite low and forward. Plus, ideally I would like a little shorter throws, and I prefer a heavier shift feel.

- Torque. (duh)

- Steering feel outside of just off center turns into a more artificial feel, though it's still accurate and linear at that point. I myself prefer a very heavy steering effort.

- Brake pedal effort is a little high, at least compared to what I'm used to. And, so far anyway under panic stops the rear becomes a little unsettled. Wider, grippier tires will mitigate this substantially.

- Radio bass is at times a little boomy, which is pretty standard across the Honda/Acura line.

- No satellite radio capability.

- fan speeds are far apart. Lowest setting is low and quiet, while the next setting is strong and a little noisy.

- A/C not the strongest.

- No outside temp gauge.

- No concealable storage compartments up front for cds, keys, coins, etc.

- Would like standard center armrest with storage.

- Would like standard radio controls on steering wheel.

- Horn is whimpy.

That's about all I can think of now. Again, I iterate that though this list seems long, they're all minor and if all of them were addressed and included in this car I would say it is the best car on the planet, ever.

But I can dream can't I?

HAHAHAHAHHA! are you freaking serious dude? you have owned it for,what, 2 weeks at most?

you have not even begun to tap what you will love and hate about your car.

i really want some of you to take a hard look at what your 'problems' with the new fit are, and see if you can't help but see how silly some of them sound.

some are just common sense.

refresh mode for the win? please! you can sit here and defend it all you want, but you really use it THAT much, you can buy a used 08, or just rent an apartment/stay home and enjoy all those things in GREATER comfort.

Seriously, some of the things that some of you have listed that you do in refresh mode only make them refreshing because of all the work you have to put into getting to that point!

rear discs? how can you offer them on ANY fit, without them being standard on the more costly civic? makes no sense.

everything else is nitpicking. AND a lack of your OWN PERSONAL INVESTIGATION.

sure, the fit weighs more...BUT NOT 200LBS MORE!? wtf?

and steering wheel controls? it has them! just not on all trims!!! please people understand the concept of a trim level for goddnessakes!

Last edited by eldaino; 09-10-2008 at 10:31 PM.

Quick Reply: What do you DISLIKE about the 2-Gen Fit?