2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Any new Fits in metro Atlanta area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Surviver of the Fittest
If you end up w/ a better deal, please don't tell me. I will cry.

p.s. Ed Voyles is 10 min from my home, so I am glad I don't have to go far to get a car. I bought a Civic from them many yrs ago and always brought the car there for maintenance.
In regards to that first statement, don't look at my post at the OTD Price Thread

I actually got mine from Hughes Honda for being the closest dealership to me; I had worked there preparing cars one summer as well. Knowing the people you buy from makes the entire buying process quite smooth - it was one of the most important reasons I didn't buy from another dealer.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by peanut
In regards to that first statement, don't look at my post at the OTD Price Thread

I actually got mine from Hughes Honda for being the closest dealership to me; I had worked there preparing cars one summer as well. Knowing the people you buy from makes the entire buying process quite smooth - it was one of the most important reasons I didn't buy from another dealer.
I did contact Hughes Honda first but being an "outsider" the best quote I got was way above what I finally received from Ed. I assume that if they are willing to sell that car to me at my price, they will definitely make a good enough profit. A few hundred dollars isn't worth the trouble of having someone to drive me all the way to Macon (almost 3 hrs?). Consider what I have to pay in gratuity for that friendship - round-trip gas and a semi-fancy dinner... And what if I get a lemon? Driving all the way back there?

If you are an "insider" then of course you can get an better deal. This is called "corruption".

Old 10-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Here's a good link to see what's available near Atlanta:

http://www.easyautosales.com/Honda/F...advsrch=t&sf=t

Old 10-11-2008, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation Doc Fee is a LIE

For all of the posters asking about documentation or "admin" fees:

I don't care WHAT they tell you about the doc fee, it is a lie.

It's all about making payments. If you decide to make payments, it's in effect taking out a loan, and they have to do some paperwork with their bank. I think there's some kind of special license or something needed for the person who actually does this, and they get paid a lot for it. So the dealer passes this extra cost to you, the buyer. But they usually add a lot of markup, too. You are probably paying FAR more than they do.

Also, the doc fee is not hard-coded. It is a negotiable item, just like floor mats or TrueCoat. It is easier to get rid of the doc fee with a car that isn't selling, but Fits are selling as soon as they get here. The key, then?

Cash. If you pay cash, they don't have to pay whomever it is to do whatever they do. Make sure they know that YOU know that.

I paid cash for my Fit, and paid ZERO doc fee.