2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.

Hi Guys:

Took an 09 Storm Silver Fit for a test drive this morn. Didn't like it. I LOVED it!!! I was very impressed in every respect. They had one DX ,two LX and a Sport 5 spd. stick. I just wasn't feeling the rims on the LX. Looks like Civic Hybrid rims without the slot machined. Not my favorite time of day to shoot but here's some quick grabs of the cars. Kudos to Randy at Harvest Honda for putting up with my dark sense of humor. I always spend some time getting the seat belt as tight as possible then say I want to test the air bags on this thing.. Gets 'em every time...Gallery is wide open, no water marks. Enjoy........

Cheers

Ted

http://neuro.smugmug.com/gallery/589...66810894_QquPL

Old 09-06-2008, 03:58 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
what models are those?
also those wheels look like barf

Old 09-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by niko3257
what models are those?
Niko

This is the LX model. The rims really suck but I'm sure they'll sell everything on the lot. I left empty handed today but the sales rep is searching for a "bright orange metallic" sport for me. He knows it's that or nothing so I'll just wait it out..........

Cheers

Ted

Old 09-06-2008, 05:38 PM
thanks for the pics niko3257! I think you are the first to post [pics] from Canada.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Nice Pic`s can you take a few more if possible.....maybe like the ones of the suspension in the rear but on the right rear under the car around the bumper and muffler

Old 09-06-2008, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the pics! That's the best way to show them.

I noticed your Sport model has Bridgestone Turanzas, while here they're Dunlop 7000.

Those LX wheels just don't Fit this car, maybe another car.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by LowLightJunkie
Niko

I left empty handed today but the sales rep is searching for a "bright orange metallic" sport for me. He knows it's that or nothing so I'll just wait it out..........
Great pics. I'm curious if the colors in Canada are called by different names (e.g., is the Orange Metallic the same as our Orange Revolution)?

Old 09-06-2008, 07:26 PM
JDM- Pics added, this is all I have for now. My intent was to get their demo on a hoist but another couple wanted to test drive it and I was hoggin it already....more pics to follow.....

Waraeor- There seems to be a few differences. The dealership is really strapped for info and the Canuck paint codes don't correspond with the US codes. I've been hammerin a Honda Canada rep for an actual image of "brilliant orange metallic" which could be different from the US version. I told her I needed the image yesterday and didn't care who I had to sleep with. She seems interested so things might work out but I've been wrong before. Definetly need the image up front. I concur on the wheels just a waste of aluminum IMHO........

Cheers

Ted

Old 09-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
Originally Posted by niko3257
what models are those?
the wheels kinda look the the civic hybrid wheels

Old 09-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Silly Monkey
Great pics. I'm curious if the colors in Canada are called by different names (e.g., is the Orange Metallic the same as our Orange Revolution)?
I was given an accessory list that shows touch up paint pens. Canadian colors are:

brilliant orange metallic
crystal black
deep sapphire blue
milano red
premium deep violet
sherbert blue metallic
storm silver
taffeta white

Could be more but this is my only info.........

Cheers

Ted

Old 09-06-2008, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3 FTW
the wheels kinda look the the civic hybrid wheels
they are lol...

Old 09-06-2008, 10:54 PM
I was given an accessory list that shows touch up paint pens. Canadian colors are:

brilliant orange metallic
crystal black
deep sapphire blue
milano red
premium deep violet
sherbert blue metallic
storm silver
taffeta white

Could be more but this is my only info.........

Cheers

Ted
Thanks for the info. I have a hunch that the colors are the same for US & Canada, with some of the colors going by different names; e.g., I saw the Deep Saphire Blue for the Canada version, which looks identical to our Blue Sensation. That said, with Honda one never knows the mysteries of their logic.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Forgot to mention the sales rep told me the rear wiper will come on if the fronts are operating and an auto or man. trans car is placed in reverse. Didn't have time to test it but how cool is that? The only negative I found yesterday with the Fit sport is the spare tire cargo floor cover. It was too thin and flimsy to my liking so I'll probably have to McGyver a plywood sub floor so heavy groceries don't mangle the panel........

Cheers

Ted

Old 09-07-2008, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
i want to know wtf those wheels are doing on that.. haha

our poor neighbors to the north have to deal with their LX's looiking like that? thats just honda making that car look bad. who ever thought it was a good idea to have those wheels put on there should get his head checked

Old 09-07-2008, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Exclamation

Forgot to mention the sales rep told me the rear wiper will come on if the fronts are operating and an auto or man. trans car is placed in reverse. Didn't have time to test it but how cool is that? The only negative I found yesterday with the Fit sport is the spare tire cargo floor cover. It was too thin and flimsy to my liking so I'll probably have to McGyver a plywood sub floor so heavy groceries don't mangle the panel........

Cheers

Ted
Just be aware that installing rigid plywood can be a major safety hazard in a rear end collision.

Last edited by Virtual; 09-07-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
i want to know wtf those wheels are doing on that.. haha

our poor neighbors to the north have to deal with their LX's looiking like that? thats just honda making that car look bad. who ever thought it was a good idea to have those wheels put on there should get his head checked
On the other hand, they're not likely to be stolen. Oh, and here's the Canadian MSRPs and wholesale prices for the LX and Sport models:

LX:

MSRP = $17,380.
Wholesale = $16,337.

Sport:

MSRP = $19,280.
Wholesale = $18,123.

Freight for all Fits is $1295, and the federal air-cond. excise tax is $100. No mention of admin fees or other cash grabs, but know they will be there...

Also, here's the list of stuff the Sport model has that the LX does not:

16" alum. alloy rims that aren't butt-ugly like the 15" ones on the LX.
Under-body spoilers.
Perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel.
Cargo area storage bins and four tie-downs.
Security alarm system.
200-watt stereo with 6 speakers (incl. tweets. 5-mode EQ and USB jack for IPOD.
Rear stabilizer bar.
P185/55R16 tires. (vs. P175/65R15 tires on the LX).

That's it. Yours for a mere $1900 extra. The better-looking rims might just make this worth-while. You can be sure Honda made the LX rims as ugly as they did in anticipation of exactly this scenario. Bastards...

Last edited by Aviator902S; 09-07-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
There's also:
DX for $14,980
DX-A for $16,280

Add 1200 for automatic.

I don't see NAV nor VSA for Canada.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:35 PM
I was waiting for Honda Canada to update their site and thought maybe I can get away with the LX. After seeing those wheels, I have to get the sport. Thanks for the pics

At least they dropped the sport price by 700 compared to the 08'

Last edited by mega56; 09-07-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:09 PM
How did you test drive a Fit, when I heard that the Canadian release date for the Fit is set for Sept. 15th?

Old 09-08-2008, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by Aviator902S
On the other hand, they're not likely to be stolen. Oh, and here's the Canadian MSRPs and wholesale prices for the LX and Sport models:

LX:

MSRP = $17,380.
Wholesale = $16,337.

Sport:

MSRP = $19,280.
Wholesale = $18,123.

Freight for all Fits is $1295, and the federal air-cond. excise tax is $100. No mention of admin fees or other cash grabs, but know they will be there...

Also, here's the list of stuff the Sport model has that the LX does not:

16" alum. alloy rims that aren't butt-ugly like the 15" ones on the LX.
Under-body spoilers.
Perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel.
Cargo area storage bins and four tie-downs.
Security alarm system.
200-watt stereo with 6 speakers (incl. tweets. 5-mode EQ and USB jack for IPOD.
Rear stabilizer bar.
P185/55R16 tires. (vs. P175/65R15 tires on the LX).

That's it. Yours for a mere $1900 extra. The better-looking rims might just make this worth-while. You can be sure Honda made the LX rims as ugly as they did in anticipation of exactly this scenario. Bastards...
I may or may not fall for this trap. I may get a LX and put some wheels and tires on plus an alarm system anyway. Price will be roughly the same but i definitely will miss the rear stabilizer bar if i go this route. The other features i can live without. Oh if i do end up with orange, i will have no choice but to get the Sport.

Quick Reply: Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.