2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Congrats and welcome to the forum. That blue is growing on me but I think I'll stick with the brilliant orange metallic. Would like to know if you got any discount off MSRP...........

Cheers

Ted

Old 09-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Congrats! My pre-order (July 18) was for that Tidewater Blue in the LX model. Changed my mind when I saw the wheels on the LX and saw the Orange Revolution so now I'm waiting for my Sport to arrive. Do really love the Tidewater and grey interior. Great choice!

Old 09-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Does anyone have pictures of the stock wheels on the DX model? I'm looking to purchase a dedicated set of steel wheels/tires for winter use and am having difficulties locating wheels that will fit the 2009 Sport. I figure the wheels on the DX should fit, right? Just need to see how these actually look and get pricing from my dealership...

Old 09-17-2008, 09:40 AM

This is a DX right? No spoiler so must be. So they're just plain old black steel wheels?

Old 09-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by mega56
Very nice pics. Where abouts canada are you located? that dealership looks familiar
My guess is Vancouver Honda on Marine.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl

This is a DX right? No spoiler so must be. So they're just plain old black steel wheels?
Yup, it comes with wheel covers. Doesn't look too bad at all with covers.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Any pics with the covers on? Just curious. I called my tire shop where I ordered my winter tires yesterday. Gave them the specs on the stock wheel (4x100 bolt pattern, 53 mm offset) and with my winter tire size (185/60 R15) they could figure out which 15" steel wheels I need. They'll be in October 1 and cost $60 each. Didn't want to wait for the Honda ones to come in plus I'm pretty sure they'll be more $$$

Note, for those Canadians waiting to get winter wheels/tires, don't put it off! Quebec now has a law making it mandatory for them to run winter tires. Plus, they're fanatics over small cars, especially the Fit. I called a few places and most were totally out of the sizing I wanted and couldn't guarentee that they could get them in. Only Kal Tire could get the tires/wheels for me, and then with a 2 week wait to order them in from a supplier.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

mega56: The dealer is in Okotoks, Alberta. It's actually the relocated dealership formerly located in High River, and they've been there about three months.

LowLightJunkie: It worked out to approximately $400 off list.

FitCanada_Girl: I took some cell phone pics of the DX in the showroom the night I had the test drive. I'm posting from work so I don't have access to my FTP program to upload pics. Not sure if I can post pics here directly as attachments?

Anyway, the DX wheels are plain black steelies with covers. If you look on the Honda Canada website here Honda Canada and hover your mouse over "FIT" you'll see the side view of a Storm Silver DX. The wheels I saw are exactly like those depicted on the website. The "build it price it" link also shows the wheels but the picture is smaller.

Last edited by FiveFreshFish; 09-17-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Any pics with the covers on? Just curious. I called my tire shop where I ordered my winter tires yesterday. Gave them the specs on the stock wheel (4x100 bolt pattern, 53 mm offset) and with my winter tire size (185/60 R15) they could figure out which 15" steel wheels I need. They'll be in October 1 and cost $60 each. Didn't want to wait for the Honda ones to come in plus I'm pretty sure they'll be more $$$

Note, for those Canadians waiting to get winter wheels/tires, don't put it off! Quebec now has a law making it mandatory for them to run winter tires. Plus, they're fanatics over small cars, especially the Fit. I called a few places and most were totally out of the sizing I wanted and couldn't guarentee that they could get them in. Only Kal Tire could get the tires/wheels for me, and then with a 2 week wait to order them in from a supplier.
Pics of your orange Fit get pics of DX wheel covers.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Pics of my Orange Fit with plain black steel wheels for the 5 months our winter runs here in Northeastern Ontario.... well, at least I'll be safe and protect the nice alloy wheels.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by FiveFreshFish
Thanks for the warm welcome.

mega56: The dealer is in Okotoks, Alberta. It's actually the relocated dealership formerly located in High River, and they've been there about three months.

LowLightJunkie: It worked out to approximately $400 off list.

FitCanada_Girl: I took some cell phone pics of the DX in the showroom the night I had the test drive. I'm posting from work so I don't have access to my FTP program to upload pics. Not sure if I can post pics here directly as attachments?

Anyway, the DX wheels are plain black steelies with covers. If you look on the Honda Canada website here Honda Canada and hover your mouse over "FIT" you'll see side view of a Storm Silver DX. The wheels I saw are exactly like those depicted on the website. The "build it price it" link also shows the wheels but the picture is smaller.
Congrats! $400 off MSRP is highway robbery. No one here will budge on the price.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Another thing. Some of the info on the Honda Canada website is wrong. Go to the brochure for the correct details. For example, it shows a Protector package (all weather mats, cargo tray, rear splash guards) as an option for the Sport. This is wrong. The splash guards don't even fit on a Sport due to the body kit! So, reader beware...

Old 09-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Fitlurker
Congrats! $400 off MSRP is highway robbery. No one here will budge on the price.
Thanks! The dealerships in the small towns are much easier to work with than those in the big cities. Also, there was no pressure to buy extra warranty, undercoating, etc.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Another thing. Some of the info on the Honda Canada website is wrong. Go to the brochure for the correct details. For example, it shows a Protector package (all weather mats, cargo tray, rear splash guards) as an option for the Sport. This is wrong. The splash guards don't even fit on a Sport due to the body kit! So, reader beware...
Yes, I picked up a promotional brochure that was more like a leaflet last week that had inaccuracies. I noticed in the brochure that coloured door handles and mirrors are not mentioned as a feature of the LX and Sport.

However, the website does show the correct wheel cover for the DX.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by FiveFreshFish
Yes, I picked up a promotional brochure that was more like a leaflet last week that had inaccuracies. I noticed in the brochure that coloured door handles and mirrors are not mentioned as a feature of the LX and Sport.

However, the website does show the correct wheel cover for the DX.
Worse is in the accessory list. The LX even has the rear spoiler listed as an option! Um, it already comes on the car as standard equipment. Honda Canada needs to get on that website and fix the inaccuracies....

Old 09-17-2008, 03:21 PM
been offered 22,000 all inclusive for a sport MT. Should I take it?

This includes the 1000 PST credit you get in BC.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Oops, see my next post.

Last edited by Aviator902S; 09-17-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mega56
been offered 22,000 all inclusive for a sport MT. Should I take it?

This includes the 1000 PST credit you get in BC.
I also ordered an '09 SportMT. My out-the-door price here in Calgary (where there is no PST) was $22,679. This included full MSRP, freight/PDI (which Honda lumps together so that nobody can know how much is actually being scammed via PDI), GST, air-cond/tire tax of $120, cargo tray, block heater and locking lugs.

They also tried to sell me the "security package" which includes etched windows ("for police identification") and nitrogen-filled tires ("all the better to keep them from deflating, don'tcha-know") for a "paltry" $400, but I didn't bite. Then they tried to apply the GST to the air-cond./tire tax as well, but I balked at that too.

So, if you get the exact options I got, and passed on the scams, your all-inclusive price should be no more than $22,679.12. Now add the PST, and then MINUS the $1000 credit. The result is the absolute maximum you should have to pay. In fact, you should pay less because I think they fudged the retail figures on my block heater, cargo tray and locking lugs. Others on here have paid less for those than I did.

Have your dealer provide a complete breakdown on how they arrived at $22K. Also, make sure they include all fees, including "documentation fee" when they transfer ownership to you. I think you'll find there's room to move here. If not, try another dealer.

Last edited by Aviator902S; 09-17-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure if this has been discussed on the forums yet (i tried searching but nothing seemed to hit on it) but the stock intake looks like quite an improvement over the GD3... It looks almost ram air-ish? The pic with the hood up shows one side with the ducting and it looks like the air is pulled from just below the windshield. This seems like a good idea. Anyone out there have any first hand experience with this?
I'm wondering if its transferable to my '07 with a little modification...

Would be nice to have a less restrictive cooler flowing intake that looks stock, IMO.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:09 PM
just talk to the dealer, its 22k OTD including all fees (Sport MT). I tried to get them to throw in a cargo cover but he wouldn't budge. He will offer me the accessories at dealer cost.

cargo cover 215 installed
all weather mats 141

I think i'll just buy them from the states online and install them myself.

All other dealers are offering 22.2k or more

Quick Reply: Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.