2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Lol. My whole life right now is this forum.

Did you see this new vid?:

YouTube - 2009 Honda Fit ORANGE pt. 2 MORE SUN

And these photos:

2009 Honda Fit
Of course! I had to laugh at the video. Very helpful but can you imagine if the owner showed up? Not a good scene. Everything I've seen of the "Brilliant Orange Metallic" confirms for me that I made the right choice. I did love the Tidewater Blue in person, but it's a more sedate/mature color. Definitely love the "POW" of the orange!

Old 09-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Ok. Dealer got back to me and removed the paint sealant, fabric protection, and "security package". Savings to me = $695. Add to that that I had to remove my protection package since the rear splash guards don't fit on a sport. I did add a Defender Package (all weather mats and cargo tray) and the door sill trim so I got absolutely everything that caught my eye, accessory wise! So excited....

Old 09-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Too bad they didn't make this car a hybrid..it would have been a good call.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Pssttt..apparently they're working on it right now! Of course it may be a while until it makes it to North America.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, you can lie to your friends and call your car's color "Orange Burst" or something cute like that.

The accessories you got are good ones! Glad you were able to back outta that scam the dealer was giving you.

About the hybrid...didn't you hear? About 2 weeks ago Honda announced that while they're developing a Fit hybrid, it won't be shipped to N. America after all.

That's okay, I'll feel better about my Fit, and it's dubious about any money you'll save with that hybrid - takes years to recover the added cost of the hybrid, and after about 5 years you'll have to replace the battery which costs $5000. (US)

Old 09-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey, you can lie to your friends and call your car's color "Orange Burst" or something cute like that.

The accessories you got are good ones! Glad you were able to back outta that scam the dealer was giving you.

About the hybrid...didn't you hear? About 2 weeks ago Honda announced that while they're developing a Fit hybrid, it won't be shipped to N. America after all.

That's okay, I'll feel better about my Fit, and it's dubious about any money you'll save with that hybrid - takes years to recover the added cost of the hybrid, and after about 5 years you'll have to replace the battery which costs $5000. (US)
Yeah since I was planning on calling my first order "Tidewater Blue" as per the US. No way I would admit to driving a car with a "Sherbert Blue Metallic" color! I like "Orange Revolution" so will stick to that. You guys get all the cool names down there!

Oh my list of accessories is quite extensive but I'm glad I got all of the items. Most are protective, some ok are just for show (silver door panel trim). In any event, since I drive 1.5-2 hours/day I wanted to be sure that spruce up my new Fit! With that orange outside color, I also had to ensure that the inside was just as nice....

I didn't even notice the "security package" (aka anti-theft etching) at $399 since no one mentioned it! They just added it to my contract. When I was adding things up last night, I ran into that and thought WTF? Glad I went in first thing today. He said something about "administrative fees" or whatever but there was no issue with me removing the full $399 fee.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
OMG. That dealer has the temerity to tag on that useless $399 item? I don't think Fits are big on the thieves list anyway.

Admin fees are normal. I even have like an $8 tire fee on mine. WTF??

I thought of another interesting color name or vanity plate: Orange U Fit?

Old 09-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Can someone list out the different options/packages that dealers try to sell you? I want to know ahead of time what I'm saying no to. thanks

security package
paint sealant
fabric protectant
rust module
final coat protection
extended warranty

whats the bare minimum one would have to pay for?

MSRP
Freight and PDI
battery tax
AC Tax
tire Tax
admin/doc fees?
federal and provincial taxes

Old 09-12-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm in Ontario Canada and just signed my papers for a Sport yesterday. Bare minimum on my contract would be: MSRP, Freight/PDI ($1310), Federal AC tax ($100), OMVIC Fee ($5??? no idea), tax (13% in ON applied to cost of car MINUS trade-in), and a license/registration fee ($10 since using my old plates). I got a gas tax credit of $100 on mine as well so deduct from above. There are lines for "provincial tire tax, tax for fuel conservation, administration fee, gasoline, payout lien on trade-in" but I have nothing in those boxes.

First line under "optional equip" on my contract is "security pkg" which is the etching, at a cost of $399. I was able to opt out of that. They will try to get you into an extended warranty and the final coat package (electronic rust module, paint sealant, fabric protection). I did get the module due to a friend's strong recommendation (she owns 2 old Hondas with no other rust control and zero rust), but that's it.

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 09-12-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Like an idiot I ended up saying yes to an additional security system, which has the bump-sensitive/glass breaking sensor AND a GPS recovery system. I figured my extra insurance discount will end up paying for it per month.

I was presented the prices in monthly form, which only went up like $10 a month. When I saw how much it actually costs, it was like $400 for one and $500 for the other, my heart palpitated.

Still, I get extra discounts on my insurance for these so it will end up being free, if not makes me money the longer I keep the car.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:49 PM
MSRP- already posted
Freight and PDI- FRT. 1295 PDI- not in this lifetime
battery tax- prob. varies by province
AC Tax- Feds take 100.00
tire Tax- 2.80 per tire in Manitoba
admin/doc fees?- Don't think so...
federal and provincial taxes- 5% GST Prov. varies.....

Cheers

Ted

Old 09-12-2008, 06:06 PM
"Freight and PDI- FRT. 1295 PDI- not in this lifetime"

Does that mean you wouldn't have to pay as much as 1295? lower by how much?

Thanks for the replies

Old 09-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by mega56
"Freight and PDI- FRT. 1295 PDI- not in this lifetime"

Does that mean you wouldn't have to pay as much as 1295? lower by how much?

Thanks for the replies
I'd pay the freight since they only make about 50 bucks on it. Never have paid for PDI and I'm not about to start. If a dealer insists on PDI and admin fees I thank him for his time and walk out. Most dealers won't let you get too far past the door.

Cheers

Ted

Old 09-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey Guys

I was looking for different colors this morning and could only find red, silver, and black. No sport models but since I was there I took a few pics and added them to the gallery........

Cheers

Ted

Old 09-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Retired Moderator
Thanks for the update with the pictures .. Looks like the Base models are getting black headlight housings..???? But the states are getting more of a metalic gray headlight on the Base model

Old 09-12-2008, 08:56 PM
This is off topic, but I just can't let this slip by because I wouldn't want someone to be deterred from buying a hybrid based off false info! And not all hybrid buyers are concerned only about saving money... the environmental issue is important as well. Anyway here are the facts!

1. The batteries are designed to last the life of the vehicle.
2. As with any part of a car, the batteries can fail prematurely, hence the factory Honda warranty: IMA battery pack comes with an 8-year/80,000-mile warranty, or a 10-year/150,000-mile warranty in CA, CT, MA, ME, NJ, NY, RI or VT.
3. The replacement costs have been lowered, now costing $1,968 for the Insight and as much as $2,440 in the case of the Accord Hybrid. Still less than the $3000 for the Prius replacement batteries.

Now back to the Fit!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Thanks for the update with the pictures .. Looks like the Base models are getting black headlight housings..???? But the states are getting more of a metalic gray headlight on the Base model
Oh heck yes! Now I'm excited... I totally want these! The chrome is great for dark cars but not as noticeable on lighter colors (like the Silver I want). And the Base gray was just too dull. But black is perfect!! Thanks so much for the pics, Ted!

Old 09-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Pirelli P Zero
Oh heck yes! Now I'm excited... I totally want these! The chrome is great for dark cars but not as noticeable on lighter colors (like the Silver I want). And the Base gray was just too dull. But black is perfect!! Thanks so much for the pics, Ted!
You're welcome. Glad I can help out. I have and always will supply images pro bono to special interest groups and worthy organizations. I always gave away my work in the past to anybody that requested pics but sadly 9 out of 10 people can't be bothered with a reply after I send them a few dozen images of their event or party or whatever. The newspaper pays 35 a pop and I had 5 images printed in todays paper for a fabulous 50's shoot i did last Sunday. There was a 55 ford rhd from down under that has to be seen to be believed. I've never seen such gaudy add on bling bling in my life......Neuro : photos : Fabulous 50's- powered by SmugMug

Cheers

Ted

Old 09-12-2008, 11:42 PM
YES the black housing would look sick on white

Old 09-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by LowLightJunkie
... I had 5 images printed in todays paper for a fabulous 50's shoot i did last Sunday. There was a 55 ford rhd from down under that has to be seen to be believed. I've never seen such gaudy add on bling bling in my life......Neuro : photos : Fabulous 50's- powered by SmugMug

Cheers

Ted
Very Nice pics, man!

Quick Reply: Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.