2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Congrats Fit Canada Girl!! Glad you can make the upgrade to the Sport.

I bet you can't wait until next week. That must seem like eternity for you.

But as far as 4-5 extra days to apply "accessories" to your car, why so long? It should take 1 day max. I agree with other poster here about opting out of any dealer sells like the "paint sealer", etc. Dealers mislead customers with the name and description. I wouldn't even get the undercoating because #1, your car should not rust, even in snowy Canada. #2 I don't think they put anything on anyway.

Mudguards...it doesn't come with any, not even the fronts. Personally I don't need/like them because they spoil the look of the car and they create aero drag which will slow you down and decrease your FE.

Congrats again!!

That about sums it up! What a difference 1 day makes hey? Can't believe the day I decide to go into the dealership is the day they get my reserved Tidewater LX. Got to sit in it to get an idea of the driver ergonomics (for me a-ok during this short trial). Also, the fact that Sudbury gets 7 coming in, one of which is an un-sold orange Sport automatic is just freaky! Obviously meant to be.

Since I'm opting out of the paint sealant and fabric protection, it should just take 2 days max for the window tinting, installation of car starter and block heater plus electronic rust module. I would opt out of that but a friend who owns 2 older Hondas swears by it.

I'll get 3M applied on my own and purchase a dedicated set of steel rims and winter tires in a bit. Actually, my brother is buying me the tires as my Birthday gift! Add to that the fact that he got me $2000 off the deal and I owe him big time....

Old 09-12-2008, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
$2000 off the deal, eh? Did you end up paying sticker?

7 Fits coming in is a lot!! Small town/Big inventory?

I just got my tint done yesterday. It's supposedly THE best in the market - Llumar AT35. I chose it because I wanted more of a green tint as opposed to the ubiquitous dark grey/black. It's cost much more, but it looks great - makes the car look more expensive.

Since you and others here mentioned it, I'm considering putting the 3M bra on...may be worth it.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
$2000 off the deal, eh? Did you end up paying sticker?

7 Fits coming in is a lot!! Small town/Big inventory?

I just got my tint done yesterday. It's supposedly THE best in the market - Llumar AT35. I chose it because I wanted more of a green tint as opposed to the ubiquitous dark grey/black. It's cost much more, but it looks great - makes the car look more expensive.

Since you and others here mentioned it, I'm considering putting the 3M bra on...may be worth it.
Yup. They seriously low balled on my trade-in. Went back in with my brother and ended up getting a Sport for the same payments as I would have made on an LX! I payed $400 under MSRP. I'm in Sudbury which is one of the largest towns in Northeastern Ontario. Palladino Honda (which I'm dealing with) is a HUGE dealership with lots of inventory. Right now 4 out of the 7 incoming Fits are pre-sold so 3 are up for grabs. Not sure what those are but they have the inventory list now with VINs.

Llumar was a great choice. Along with Formula One, top of the line tint. I'll have to drop by the tint place that will be doing my Fit to get more details as I want a non-reflective metallic tint. Definitely do get the 3M or Ventureshield! Costly but well worth it, especially if you plan on keeping the car long term.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
One thing I'm hoping other Canadians who have signed their papers can provide input on. I have a "Security Package" added at a cost of $399. The dealer says this is for etching (recommended theft deterrant...done my homework) and includes "dealer administration fees". Does anyone else have this extra cost on their pink slip?

Also, they did give me the whole speal over an extended warranty (around $1000 for 5 years/160,000 km) and a Final Coat protection package ($995). This includes the electronic rust module, paint sealant, and fabric protection. Now I know that many here are strongly against these dealer extras, but have heard strong recommendations for the rust module. A coworker who owns 2 older Hondas here in Northeastern Ontario has zero rust and doesn't undercoat! She only has the module.

What about the paint sealant? It does come with a warranty (Final Coat - Car Care Products). I'm aiming to keep as much of my paint looking great for as long as possible. This would protect the ENTIRE car, not just areas I may get covered with 3M coating. Do you think I should skip the paint sealant and put my money towards 3M instead?

I have a 2009 LX coming September 22nd and agreement says 174 for etching. Absolutely no administration charges. I'm from Northern Ontario.
Also, I picked up a rust module off ebay for 50 bucks.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Crap. Definitely getting that etching ($399) removed now! Thanks for your input.... I'm in Sudbury, by the way.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Yup. They seriously low balled on my trade-in. Went back in with my brother and ended up getting a Sport for the same payments as I would have made on an LX! I payed $400 under MSRP. I'm in Sudbury which is one of the largest towns in Northeastern Ontario. Palladino Honda (which I'm dealing with) is a HUGE dealership with lots of inventory. Right now 4 out of the 7 incoming Fits are pre-sold so 3 are up for grabs. Not sure what those are but they have the inventory list now with VINs.

Llumar was a great choice. Along with Formula One, top of the line tint. I'll have to drop by the tint place that will be doing my Fit to get more details as I want a non-reflective metallic tint. Definitely do get the 3M or Ventureshield! Costly but well worth it, especially if you plan on keeping the car long term.
Wow!!! $400 under sticker is not only super but rare!!! No wonder you have to wait! I would wait to save $400.

I bet you have wonderful twisty, scenic roads where you live. You'll absolutely love taking your Fit on endless drives there.

Here in L.A. it's not only a pain to drive anywhere but the roads are so boring. Flat and grid-like. So on weekends I take my cars up at least 40 mins north to the canyons for some driving fun!

Old 09-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Well I'm going from a Mazda3 Sport GT to a Honda Fit Sport so I do expect a bit of a downgrade in the "Zoom Zoom factor". Nevertheless, SO looking forward to the big arrival! Since #1 of 7 arrived yesterday, the rest are "guarenteed" to be in within the next week (actually, could be here any time). After that I figure 2-3 days to install the extras then I'm set! SO excited (did I say that? SOOOOOOOO excited!)

Old 09-12-2008, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
Lol. Yes I can tell how excited you are, and you should be. I'm still that excited about mine and my 09 is 2 weeks and 2 days old.

I'm almost at 800 miles right now, and I've given my car some beans recently (not full throttle/redline yet), and I can say that I already notice a difference in power/acceleration compared to the 07/08s. It pulls nicely and strongly at higher revs with a nice growl. The old model did 0-60 in 8.7 secs, and this one should be (Honda promises) faster. I'm predicting 0-60 in 8.4 secs., which may be competitive with your Mazda.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:04 PM
With gas hitting $1.399/L here this morning (about $5.40 US/Gallon) I won't be flooring any vehicle! Kind of makes me wish I took that Tidewater LX yesterday. Then I look at a picture of an orange Sport and get over it pretty quick...

Old 09-12-2008, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
The base model is rated slightly higher by the EPA, due to less-aggressive gearing. But it's only slightly higher. But that means less fun. Not worth it. You deserve the Sport!!

Old 09-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Oh you said it! I'll love the orange Sport, I'm sure of it. Here in Canada our Sport automatic has the same fuel economy rating as our DX and LX models. Actually, the automatic is rated as more efficient than a manual. In our Sport, no paddle shifters are present nor do we have a spare tire (in automatic). Therefore, less weight = better fuel economy. What a bonus hey?

Old 09-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Aviator902S
On the other hand, they're not likely to be stolen.
And you could always catch the would-be thieves b/c they'd be bent over next to your car barfing...

Those wheels are nasty.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Wow. I didn't know Canadian models don't have the flappy paddles.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LowLightJunkie
I was given an accessory list that shows touch up paint pens. Canadian colors are:

brilliant orange metallic
crystal black
deep sapphire blue
milano red
premium deep violet
sherbert blue metallic
storm silver
taffeta white

Could be more but this is my only info.........

Cheers

Ted
Sherbet isn't blue. Or metallic, last I checked. Funny names for the same color, I think. I guess that would be our tidewater blue. And they don't mention "pearl" anywhere, I wonder why???

Old 09-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
And you could always catch the would-be thieves b/c they'd be bent over next to your car barfing...

Those wheels are nasty.
You said it! That plus seing the pictures of an orange Sport is what drove me from my Tidewater Blue LX to an Orange Sport....what the heck is our orange in Canada called anyways? In the US it is Orange Revolution. Oh, our Tidewater is called Sherbert Blue Metallic (no kidding). Another reason NOT to get that color...

Old 09-12-2008, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like it's called Brilliant Orange Metallic.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Never mind. That answers my question! Last year our Canadian orange was "Blaze Orange Metallic" and now in 2009 it's "Brilliant Orange Metallic" (same as US Orange Revolution). Honda sure does like to complicate things, don't they?

Old 09-12-2008, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
The US orange last year was also Blaze Orange. When I see Blaze Orange Fits and RSXs now that I've seen the new Fit orange the old orange looks more peach, darker. Did you see the post with the cool photos and vid of the new orange?

Old 09-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Oh hello! That's what got me turned onto the 2009 orange. Got to love this forum with members sneaking up on stranger's cars to snap pictures to post here! It's really great and super helpful....

Old 09-12-2008, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Lol. My whole life right now is this forum.

Did you see this new vid?:

YouTube - 2009 Honda Fit ORANGE pt. 2 MORE SUN

And these photos:

2009 Honda Fit

Quick Reply: Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.