2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by mega56
Also anyone know what the differences are between US fit sport and Canadian fit sport (other than nav option)?
The only difference I can think of is Can Sport AT comes with tire repair kit only (i.e. no spare tire), and as a result our AT has better gas mileage than their AT (in fact Canadian AT has better fuel economy than MT)

Old 09-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Serious? Why the change for us? GIVE US NAV! GAAAH

Old 09-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by wongnog
The only difference I can think of is Can Sport AT comes with tire repair kit only (i.e. no spare tire), and as a result our AT has better gas mileage than their AT (in fact Canadian AT has better fuel economy than MT)
So if i were to replace the spare tire with a tire repair kit in the MT, it should have the best gas mileage overall?

Old 09-11-2008, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
rear stabilizer bars

Does the 1st gen Fit (2007/2008) have a rear stabilizer bar for both base and Sport models or not?

Old 09-11-2008, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EMC2
Does the 1st gen Fit (2007/2008) have a rear stabilizer bar for both base and Sport models or not?
No rear sway bar for 07-08 base and sport.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by niko3257
what models are those?
also those wheels look like barf

Looks like they had a surplus of hybrid rims.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Yes, just wanna see you happy and report/gush on your car here!!

Most of my previous cars were very rare, so I have experience in locating new cars. I've even made calls out of state to locate my car. It really is like detective work, but when you do make tons of calls you get this feeling that you're narrowing your search and getting more answers and in turn you get excited because you know you're on the verge of locating your car!

When you do, you'll be glad you didn't wait for/rely on that one dealer.
My ORANGE SPORT AT is due in within 1 week! Went to my local Honda dealer yesterday to discover my reserved Tidewater Blue LX on the lot. With my brother's help, I managed to get a great deal on an orange Sport AT instead. Sudbury has 7 2009 Honda Fits coming in, 4 of which are sold already (including my blue LX) and the other 3 up for grabs just happened to include an Orange Sport AT! Can you believe it? Talk about good karma. Anyhow, I do have the VIN and signed all the papers yesterday so it's a lock. Definitely due in next week then they need it 4-5 days to do all the extras. I also got a ton of accessories so that will be one sharp little car! Can't WAIT!!!! WOOHOOO

Old 09-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Just visited my local dealership (Markham Honda) and they wheeled in a new Brilliant Orange 2009 Fit Sport MT! The colour looks AMAZING in person, I was blown away! Was leaning towards the Sapphire Blue before but now this Orange has completely changed my mind. Here are some pics from my cell:

THANK YOU! What timing! I just signed the papers and got the VIN for an orange Sport AT, due in any day now (maximum wait to September 20). SO glad to see more pics of the orange to confirm that this is a great color that I'll be very happy with....

Old 09-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
THANK YOU! What timing! I just signed the papers and got the VIN for an orange Sport AT, due in any day now (maximum wait to September 20). SO glad to see more pics of the orange to confirm that this is a great color that I'll be very happy with....
That's awesome, I may be getting the same too!!! That is if I can get rid of my '05 Mazda3 for a good price... BTW what are you doing with your '04 M3? And what accessories did you get? How much did you end up paying? Congrats on your purchase FC_Girl!

Old 09-12-2008, 11:01 AM
That's awesome, I may be getting the same too!!! That is if I can get rid of my '05 Mazda3 for a good price... BTW what are you doing with your '04 M3? And what accessories did you get? How much did you end up paying? Congrats on your purchase FC_Girl!
Thanks. Couldn't be more excited. I know that Honda charges WAY too much for accessories but, being in Canada, I opted to get these through them. I got:
- all weather mats
- cargo tray
- armrest with storage
- door sill trim
- cargo cover
- rear bumper applique
- locking wheel nuts
- block heater
- door switch panel trim (silver)
- touch-up paint pen
- door edge film
- body side mouldings
- car starter
- Llumar ATR tint (think I'll get 30% front, 18% back)

I know, BIG list but I'm hoping this car will last me a long time so I didn't want to compromise on the extras I wanted.

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 09-13-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
One thing I'm hoping other Canadians who have signed their papers can provide input on. I have a "Security Package" added at a cost of $399. The dealer says this is for etching (recommended theft deterrant...done my homework) and includes "dealer administration fees". Does anyone else have this extra cost on their pink slip?

Also, they did give me the whole speal over an extended warranty (around $1000 for 5 years/160,000 km) and a Final Coat protection package ($995). This includes the electronic rust module, paint sealant, and fabric protection. Now I know that many here are strongly against these dealer extras, but have heard strong recommendations for the rust module. A coworker who owns 2 older Hondas here in Northeastern Ontario has zero rust and doesn't undercoat! She only has the module.

What about the paint sealant? It does come with a warranty (Final Coat - Car Care Products). I'm aiming to keep as much of my paint looking great for as long as possible. This would protect the ENTIRE car, not just areas I may get covered with 3M coating. Do you think I should skip the paint sealant and put my money towards 3M instead?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Dealers make very little profit on new car sales . Their bread and butter is service, body work and selling over priced paint sealants, under coating ,fabric gaurd etc.. . Save your money and wax your car yourself. Pick up a couple of cans of automotive scotch gaurd and do your own interior. For rust protection spray the underside with motorcycle chain lube- (stay away from heat sources and exhaust)....

Cheers

Ted

Old 09-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by LowLightJunkie
Dealers make very little profit on new car sales . Their bread and butter is service, body work and selling over priced paint sealants, under coating ,fabric gaurd etc.. . Save your money and wax your car yourself. Pick up a couple of cans of automotive scotch gaurd and do your own interior. For rust protection spray the underside with motorcycle chain lube- (stay away from heat sources and exhaust)....

Cheers

Ted
Thanks for the advice. I did a bit of reading and contacted my dealer to have the paint sealant and fabric protection removed. It will only save me about $300 but all I read said these were scams. You're right, I can wax the car myself which will be just as good! I do know that in Canada dealers make $1229 on a Sport, not much of a markup. BUT I don't want to be scamed by all these extras so appreciate the advice.

I also am trying to opt out of the "anti-theft etching". This is part of the $399 "security package" that is listed under my options....

Old 09-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Does anyone know if any of these extra protection packages like for paint sealant protect against stone chips and such?

Old 09-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know if any of these extra protection packages like for paint sealant protect against stone chips and such?
Paint sealant is just wax. No, it will not protect against stone chips in the way that a clear plastic (like 3M, Ventureshield) will. Everything I read states that this is a cash grab by the dealership, as is the fabric protector. Save you $$ and get a clear bra installed instead.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:11 PM
First Congrats on your new Orange Fit!
If i get the Sport, that will be my choice of color as well.

Great looking accessories. That is very similar to my list except for the Block Heater and Armrest with storage. As for the protection package, i remember the rear splash guards will not fit on the Sport. Maybe ask to exchange them for some visors instead.

To me any "Administration Fees" over and above Air, Tire and Battery, here in BC is a scam. Not sure about Ontario though but i still do not trust it.
The extended warranty maybe worth looking into since you decide to keep the car long term. I would skip the "Protection Package" altogether and get Undercoating and Rust Proving aftermarket. Will save you some money.
As for paint protection, i am still doing my research on it but i will most definitely get something like Clear Bra to protect the bumper, fender and hood.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Fitlurker
First Congrats on your new Orange Fit!
If i get the Sport, that will be my choice of color as well.

Great looking accessories. That is very similar to my list except for the Block Heater and Armrest with storage. As for the protection package, i remember the rear splash guards will not fit on the Sport. Maybe ask to exchange them for some visors instead.

To me any "Administration Fees" over and above Air, Tire and Battery, here in BC is a scam. Not sure about Ontario though but i still do not trust it.
The extended warranty maybe worth looking into since you decide to keep the car long term. I would skip the "Protection Package" altogether and get Undercoating and Rust Proving aftermarket. Will save you some money.
As for paint protection, i am still doing my research on it but i will most definitely get something like Clear Bra to protect the bumper, fender and hood.
Thanks. Great advice! I'll contact my dealer ASAP about the rear splash guards. I know the cars come with the front splash guards so had no idea the rear ones wouldn't fit on a Sport. If that's the case, I'll get the all weather mats and cargo tray separately. I may add door side sills instead.

In my contract beside "administrative fees" nothing is listed. However, that "security package" at $399 includes these fees plus the etching. Will try hard to get that removed since, with the immobilizer and alarm system, I don't feel it is warranted (I'm not in a big town).

I am still considering the extended warranty. I'd heard that it is refundable if you never use it. Is this true in Canada? That would factor into my decision. Also, since the base warranty is bumper to bumper for 3 years/60,000 km anyways, really I'm paying $1000 extra for 2 years worth of coverage. Ok, it would be worth it if I have a major repair but it's still a good chunk of change.

Clear bra is for sure the way to go. I had tons applied to my Mazda3 and can tell you it makes a world of difference....

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 09-12-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:22 PM
i was at the dealership yesterday checking them out, i like em except the hvac controls and the rest of the radio console

Old 09-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Thanks. Great advice! I'll contact my dealer ASAP about the rear splash guards. I know the cars come with the front splash guards so had no idea the rear ones wouldn't fit on a Sport. If that's the case, I'll get the all weather mats and cargo tray separately. I may add door side sills instead.

In my contract beside "administrative fees" nothing is listed. However, that "security package" at $399 includes these fees plus the etching. Will try hard to get that removed since, with the immobilizer and alarm system, I don't feel it is warranty (I'm not in a big town).

I am still considering the warranty. I'd heard that it is refundable if you never use it. Is this true in Canada? That would factor into my decision. Also, since the base warranty is bumper to bumper for 3 years/60,000 km anyways, really I'm paying $1000 extra for 2 years worth of coverage. Ok, it would be worth it if I have a major repair but it's still a good chunk of change.

Clear bra is for sure the way to go. I had tons applied to my Mazda3 and can tell you it makes a world of difference....
Door Edge Sills will be a great addition.
I am not sure if Honda offers No-Use Warranties but i believe the warranty can be extended to 7yrs. Not only that, instead of extending the years, there's the option of extending the kilometers. I live 5mins from work and should be walking but that is not the point here. My car is 10yrs old and i just crossed over the 100,000k this year. So extending the kilometers makes more sense to me and maybe for you too since you live in a small town. Having said all that, my car is a Honda and have no problems whatsoever, just regular maintenance.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats Fit Canada Girl!! Glad you can make the upgrade to the Sport.

I bet you can't wait until next week. That must seem like eternity for you.

But as far as 4-5 extra days to apply "accessories" to your car, why so long? It should take 1 day max. I agree with other poster here about opting out of any dealer sells like the "paint sealer", etc. Dealers mislead customers with the name and description. I wouldn't even get the undercoating because #1, your car should not rust, even in snowy Canada. #2 I don't think they put anything on anyway.

Mudguards...it doesn't come with any, not even the fronts. Personally I don't need/like them because they spoil the look of the car and they create aero drag which will slow you down and decrease your FE.

Congrats again!!

Quick Reply: Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.