2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Fitlurker
LOL yup. I had to ask the salesman if they were wheel covers. But once you get in and start driving, you do not want to stop. So you will rarely see them.
Well since you can't see the bolts, wouldn't they have to be wheel covers? Oh please say yes....

Old 09-10-2008, 12:53 PM
What is the rear stabilizer bar that the Sport has?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by wongnog
What is the rear stabilizer bar that the Sport has?
Good question. Do you really notice a difference driving an LX (without bar) vs. a Sport (with bar)????

Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
I've only had a chance to drive two LX's (I was told they may not get any Sports in for either showroom or test driving, any ones that do come in will already be spoken for). So I have no idea what the dif b/t them is. Plus I have no idea what a rear stabilizer bar IS let alone looks like. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Old 09-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't know if this was covered but . . .

The LX wheels ARE from the Civic Hybrid (so tells me the dealer)

I like them... i know they don't look sporty/sexy, but they may have some aerodynamic benefit over other rims, which should be a plus to mileage conscious drivers.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by wongnog
Plus I have no idea what a rear stabilizer bar IS let alone looks like. Can anyone enlighten me please?
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...r-swaybar.html

Old 09-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by mehow
The LX wheels ARE from the Civic Hybrid (so tells me the dealer)

I like them... i know they don't look sporty/sexy, but they may have some aerodynamic benefit over other rims, which should be a plus to mileage conscious drivers.
That's what I'm trying to convince myself of. I did look up Honda Canada and saw that the wheels are exactly those off the Civic Hybrid. There must be some minimal aerodynamic advantage. If only they weren't so darn ugly! No, not ugly...um, PRACTICAL. Yeah, and no one will want to steal them. Ok, convincing myself is clearly not working....

Old 09-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
That's what I'm trying to convince myself of. I did look up Honda Canada and saw that the wheels are exactly those off the Civic Hybrid. There must be some minimal aerodynamic advantage. If only they weren't so darn ugly! No, not ugly...um, PRACTICAL. Yeah, and no one will want to steal them. Ok, convincing myself is clearly not working....
Just think you'll have the rare TW Sport. Ok, im not very persuasive either.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Fitlurker
Just think you'll have the rare TW Sport. Ok, im not very persuasive either.
See that's the problem. I'm extremely indecisive and have zero patience! I put my deposit down July 18 (2 months ago) for a Tidewater Blue automatic transmission. That's all that was specified since the models were not known back then. So technically they will hold a car for me that is a Blue, automatic. My dealership still doesn't have the color codes but I know Canada has 2 blues coming (Blue Sapphire and Sherbet Blue Metallic - Tidewater Blue). Knowing my luck it will be an automatic Blue Sapphire that comes in!

Really, the waiting is a killer. If I can swing my order towards a Tidewater Blue Sport, I think that would be my best bet as I expect a long wait for the orange. Darn, why did that have to turn out to be such a nice color! Really love the coppery tones...

Old 09-10-2008, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
See that's the problem. I'm extremely indecisive and have zero patience! I put my deposit down July 18 (2 months ago) for a Tidewater Blue automatic transmission. That's all that was specified since the models were not known back then. So technically they will hold a car for me that is a Blue, automatic. My dealership still doesn't have the color codes but I know Canada has 2 blues coming (Blue Sapphire and Sherbet Blue Metallic - Tidewater Blue). Knowing my luck it will be an automatic Blue Sapphire that comes in!

Really, the waiting is a killer. If I can swing my order towards a Tidewater Blue Sport, I think that would be my best bet as I expect a long wait for the orange. Darn, why did that have to turn out to be such a nice color! Really love the coppery tones...
FitCanada Girl, is there another dealership near you that you can work with in finding and acquiring your car? In my experience, if you assign yourself just one dealer to hopefully get the exact car you want, you'll never get it. I have to make tons of calls to surrounding dealerships to see which store has the car I want. Don't count on dealer trade, because #1, with a desirable rare car like the Fit, dealers won't want to part with one or even swap Fits with another dealer. #2, if a dealer has the car you want on the lot it will be much easier for them to sell it to you for the best price, i.e. lower.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
FitCanada Girl, is there another dealership near you that you can work with in finding and acquiring your car? In my experience, if you assign yourself just one dealer to hopefully get the exact car you want, you'll never get it. I have to make tons of calls to surrounding dealerships to see which store has the car I want. Don't count on dealer trade, because #1, with a desirable rare car like the Fit, dealers won't want to part with one or even swap Fits with another dealer. #2, if a dealer has the car you want on the lot it will be much easier for them to sell it to you for the best price, i.e. lower.
Well that's the problem. I'm in Sudbury so the next nearest Honda dealer would possibly be in North Bay, 1.5 hours away! There is zero local competition. My pre-order for a blue automatic has been in for 2 months and my dealer said his first shipment would arrive this week. Well it's down to 2 days in this week so I'm getting pretty antsy! I already have my "deal" in place for pricing, so that's not a concern. At this point I'm pretty much resolved on a Sport, either Tidewater Blue or Orange (whatever ours in Canada is called)....

Old 09-10-2008, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Well it's good you have more than 1 color choice which would increase the odds of a dealer having your car, but still, how many Fit Sports will your dealer get supposedly this week? I would think just a couple at best.

What I'm saying is the odds of your dealer having your TWB Sport AT is low. I hope for your sake that they get that car for you this week, but even if you have to drive 1.5 hours away I would call that other dealership and see what they have/ will have.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Hmmm...good point! I'll see how things pan out this week. I believe that Canadian dealerships were having 2009 Fits "dropped" into their inventories, so they had no say on model/transmission/color. Could be a long wait! Seems like I may have to get more proactive on this. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, just wanna see you happy and report/gush on your car here!!

Most of my previous cars were very rare, so I have experience in locating new cars. I've even made calls out of state to locate my car. It really is like detective work, but when you do make tons of calls you get this feeling that you're narrowing your search and getting more answers and in turn you get excited because you know you're on the verge of locating your car!

When you do, you'll be glad you didn't wait for/rely on that one dealer.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Just visited my local dealership (Markham Honda) and they wheeled in a new Brilliant Orange 2009 Fit Sport MT! The colour looks AMAZING in person, I was blown away! Was leaning towards the Sapphire Blue before but now this Orange has completely changed my mind. Here are some pics from my cell:

Last edited by wongnog; 09-10-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Wongnog

Nice captures of the orange..Thanks. I have added some previously rejected pics to the galley. These are out of focus, poorly exposed etc. Have a red sport, dx wheel, lx wheel with centre cap (still shite) and a grey dx interior for FitCanadaGirl... Should be going back to the dealership on Sat. so if you want some specific pics let me know........

Cheers

Ted

Old 09-10-2008, 08:53 PM
cant wait to test drive it tomorrow...hope they have a MT

Was tempted to do it in North Bay but didnt know if they would have any (and no time)

Old 09-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Really like to see some Blackberry Pearl pics, or whatever they call it here in Canada

Old 09-11-2008, 11:19 AM
The orange looks awesome! (thanks for the pics!) I'd definitely get the orange if I was getting the Sport trim.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Nice to see the pics coming in from canada.

Anyone test drive one in canada yet, specifically vancouver?

Also anyone know what the differences are between US fit sport and Canadian fit sport (other than nav option)?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.