2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by samsvoc
How did you test drive a Fit, when I heard that the Canadian release date for the Fit is set for Sept. 15th?
The release date has been pushed up due to demand and no more supply of the '08 Fit. The dealerships are getting them into show rooms and started demoing them last week. Driven 2 LXs and a Sport. One with only 5km on it.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by Fitlurker
The release date has been pushed up due to demand and no more supply of the '08 Fit. The dealerships are getting them into show rooms and started demoing them last week. Driven 2 LXs and a Sport. One with only 5km on it.
Hmmm, I shall pay my local Honda dealer a visit then. Thanks.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
Is it just me or does that blue base have black headlight housings?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by sam21
Is it just me or does that blue base have black headlight housings?
Yeah the base models are supposed to have "Dark Gray Bezels" instead of chrome, but in these pics they look near black. Maybe Canadian cars are different? Anyway I'd love to see more pics of the base model headlights, especially on the silver.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Hey you guys are forgetting...those LX rims make great winter rims!

Yea no VSA or Nav for Canada...im trying to keep my cool about it

Well I hope ontario gets some soon cuz im dieing over here!

Old 09-08-2008, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dersch
Hey you guys are forgetting...those LX rims make great winter rims!

Yea no VSA or Nav for Canada...im trying to keep my cool about it

Well I hope ontario gets some soon cuz im dieing over here!
I disagree about the LX rims for winter. Steel rims are far better for that.

Ont. must have some by now. They have arrived in Que. end of last week.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:13 PM
i just drove by the dealer today and saw 2 silver autos on the lot a dx and lx

WOOOO

Old 09-08-2008, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dersch
i just drove by the dealer today and saw 2 silver autos on the lot a dx and lx

WOOOO
See... I told you so.

What do you think of them?

Old 09-08-2008, 06:57 PM
besides the nasty rims...they are sweet...it was only a drive by (was after the gym) but I cant wait to try it out...as well as see a sport model in person

Once I get back from North Bay im going to be all over it!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Banned
I may or may not fall for this trap. I may get a LX and put some wheels and tires on plus an alarm system anyway. Price will be roughly the same but i definitely will miss the rear stabilizer bar if i go this route. The other features i can live without. Oh if i do end up with orange, i will have no choice but to get the Sport.
If, on the Sport model, the rear stabilizer bar works anywhere near as well as the Progress after-market bar, the bar plus the wheels plus the higher power stereo plus the security system, plus the better quality tires, all pretty much justify the extra cost. You get the leather wrapped steering wheel for free. Canadians don't always get screwed.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Can someone please post interior shots showing the LX grey interior? I thought that all Canadian models would have a black interior but just found out this isn't the case. I'd love to see what the grey looks like as I'm now seriously reconsidering getting a Sport instead (after seing the rims on the LX...that's just wrong!)

Old 09-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by manxman
If, on the Sport model, the rear stabilizer bar works anywhere near as well as the Progress after-market bar, the bar plus the wheels plus the higher power stereo plus the security system, plus the better quality tires, all pretty much justify the extra cost. You get the leather wrapped steering wheel for free. Canadians don't always get screwed.
Good points. Here in Canada the diff. between the LX and Sport is $1900. Regardless of trim, i plan to get aftermarket security system. The improvements to stereo and steering wheel i can live without which brings me back to the wheels and stabilizer bar. I figure for $1900, i can get some nice wheels but that bar maybe harder to replace. On another thread here, seems like the stock wheels on the '09s have a very high offset of +53 and may cause some fitment issues.

Just found out my trade in just went up $1000. So i may just pony up and get the orange.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Can someone please post interior shots showing the LX grey interior? I thought that all Canadian models would have a black interior but just found out this isn't the case. I'd love to see what the grey looks like as I'm now seriously reconsidering getting a Sport instead (after seing the rims on the LX...that's just wrong!)
Most dealers in the Vancouver area should have them. You should go test drive one and see for yourself. Only Sport has black interior, everything else gets grey. Only colors i have seen so far are the basic 4. SSM, SB, CBP and MR. Good Luck!

Old 09-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Good points. Here in Canada the diff. between the LX and Sport is $1900. Regardless of trim, i plan to get aftermarket security system. The improvements to stereo and steering wheel i can live without which brings me back to the wheels and stabilizer bar. I figure for $1900, i can get some nice wheels but that bar maybe harder to replace. On another thread here, seems like the stock wheels on the '09s have a very high offset of +53 and may cause some fitment issues.

Just found out my trade in just went up $1000. So i may just pony up and get the orange.
Hey, thinking along the same lines here! At first I thought "orange...blah" then I saw the posted pictures. Wow! Really adds alot of pizzazz to the little car. Just emailed my dealer to see how much longer I'd have to wait for a Sport "Blaze Orange Metallic" vs. the LX "Sherbet Blue Metallic (aka Tidewater Blue) I have coming in any day...

Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Most dealers in the Vancouver area should have them. You should go test drive one and see for yourself. Only Sport has black interior, everything else gets grey. Only colors i have seen so far are the basic 4. SSM, SB, CBP and MR. Good Luck!
Well I'm in Northeastern Ontario (Sudbury to be exact) so no Fits for us yet! They're killing me here...

Old 09-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Hey, thinking along the same lines here! At first I thought "orange...blah" then I saw the posted pictures. Wow! Really adds alot of pizzazz to the little car. Just emailed my dealer to see how much longer I'd have to wait for a Sport "Blaze Orange Metallic" vs. the LX "Sherbet Blue Metallic (aka Tidewater Blue) I have coming in any day...
Nice. Congrats. A Fit is still a Fit.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Well I'm in Northeastern Ontario (Sudbury to be exact) so no Fits for us yet! They're killing me here...
I see your location yet somehow i had the impression you are on the wet coast.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Nice. Congrats. A Fit is still a Fit.
Yeah but did you see the wheels that come standard on the LX??

Old 09-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah but did you see the wheels that come standard on the LX??
LOL yup. I had to ask the salesman if they were wheel covers. But once you get in and start driving, you do not want to stop. So you will rarely see them.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Banned
haha those rims do look like hybrid rims.. shi t i'd rock em!

Quick Reply: Canadian 09 Fit Pics High Res.