2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

air intakes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Wow that orange matches the Orange Revolution. :P

Old 09-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Retired Moderator
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fitlurker
Wow that orange matches the Orange Revolution. :P

Sure does

Old 09-26-2008, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Are those power figures at the engine or at the wheels?

And is that $400 installed?

Old 09-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT

I belive at the wheels..?? .. they go for 400$~470$ depending on the color ... Installed ...uuumm no

Old 09-26-2008, 07:05 PM
$400 is not that bad depending on how it performs. The T1R (for GD) costs nearly $400 and the Password: JDM with re-locator (for GD) is $440.

Does this perform as well as the T1R? I would rather wait for the 09 version on the T1R. What is a MAF and/or IAT sensor?

Where can someone get this Last Station air intake? Is it only available in Japan?

Old 09-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Fa1
MAF - mass air flow sensor
IAT - intake air temperature sensor

Old 09-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by fliptwister
$400 is not that bad depending on how it performs.
Where can someone get this Last Station air intake? Is it only available in Japan?
It`s only available in Japan....

If you need one ... PM me

Old 09-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Dyno sheets?

So... where are dyno results on these kinds of things? In STI land, any mod without dyno results to back it up is treated very skeptically, with good reason, and I personally don't believe anyone's claim without that data. In fact, what few dyno sheets I've dug up on modifications around here have shown almost no improvement from bolt-ons, which leads me to believe that this is the reason they aren't presented to back up claims on products like this.

Can someone back up claims for a Fit intake (any Fit intake) with a dyno sheet? I'm a total noob here and would be happy to be proven wrong.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT

anybody can install an intake. it is possibly the easiest mod one can do on the fit. you should be able to install it by yourself. so don't worry about any installation fees for an intake.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
randomn bump, i can only wish...

Old 09-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by DrPhyzx
So... where are dyno results on these kinds of things? In STI land, any mod without dyno results to back it up is treated very skeptically, with good reason, and I personally don't believe anyone's claim without that data. In fact, what few dyno sheets I've dug up on modifications around here have shown almost no improvement from bolt-ons, which leads me to believe that this is the reason they aren't presented to back up claims on products like this.

Can someone back up claims for a Fit intake (any Fit intake) with a dyno sheet? I'm a total noob here and would be happy to be proven wrong.
K&N has dyno results on their site, and H-Fit has posted dyno sheets on their chamber intake on the forums. I do not believe anything that K&N publishes, but do give credence to H-Fit's posted info.

PRM in Canada is now in the process of dyno testing their new Fit "Jet Stream Intake". Results should be posted soon. Even without dyno charts, I am presently waiting for UPS to deliver my new PRM- best intake design that I have seen for the Fit.

Last edited by manxman; 09-26-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Yeah the MAF is part of the whole "i-VTEC" thing. I guess its pretty important for the intake regulation that allows this little bugger to eek out a few more horsies and still get good mileage. Its the same thing with the Civics. Good technology, but makes it tough for homebrew intakes.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
K&N has dyno results on their site, and H-Fit has posted dyno sheets on their chamber intake on the forums. I do not believe anything that K&N publishes, but do give credence to H-Fit's posted info.

PRM in Canada is now in the process of dyno testing their new Fit "Jet Stream Intake". Results should be posted soon. Even without dyno charts, I am presently waiting for UPS to deliver my new PRM- best intake design that I have seen for the Fit.
Funny you should mention the PRM. That was the thread that got me hungry for a dyno sheet. I hope to see that result soon. BTW, I share your skepticism of K&N data. Some vendors clearly play tricks to inflate a change, but most can be spotted (e.g. an increase that appears to be a constant percentage at all RPM is a common telltale sign of fakery).

Old 09-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by DrPhyzx
Funny you should mention the PRM. That was the thread that got me hungry for a dyno sheet. I hope to see that result soon. BTW, I share your skepticism of K&N data. Some vendors clearly play tricks to inflate a change, but most can be spotted (e.g. an increase that appears to be a constant percentage at all RPM is a common telltale sign of fakery).
My skepticism of K&N is the result of their blatant lies in their posts on these forums after I exposed their mistakes in the design of their first SRI for the Fit. After that, I will never believe that company again.

I did not wait for dyno charts on the PRM simply because I like the entire concept of that design. Of all published dyno info., the average gains, if accurate, are in the range of 5-7hp, and those are almost always in the high rpm range (where I normally do not run). Gains under 10 or more hp are impossible to actually feel on the highway. Slightly increased throttle response can be felt, and the added noise levels of non-stock intakes add to the placebo effect. So the figures in any dyno chart are meaningless to me, unless they show that a particular design produces less performance than stock. No one will ever publish that kind of test result.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:31 AM
helo

hi,ur display pic izit ur car?can i knw about ur modified detail?

Old 10-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Bump for the new guys...

Old 10-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Passwordjdm.com is coming with one.. ill post one soon once everything is ready ....

Old 10-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by jdmgpw04
Passwordjdm.com is coming with one.. ill post one soon once everything is ready ....
Hopefully it doesn`t look like these ones do

Old 10-31-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Hopefully it doesn`t look like these ones do
it wont, they will have a carbon and kevlar version... it will take 1 more month from the time i drop my car off. which would be in 2 weeks. ill post pics soon once its done.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by jdmgpw04
it wont, they will have a carbon and kevlar version... it will take 1 more month from the time i drop my car off. which would be in 2 weeks. ill post pics soon once its done.
Hmmm so the begining of next year.... I really hope that that don`t make it so that we have to relocate the battery..

Quick Reply: air intakes?