2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

The Ultimate Parts Required to Update USDM GE Fit to JDM GE Fit Parts thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
How can I get the JDM mirrors with built in turn indicators? Are they a simple bolt on? What do they co$t?

Old 10-26-2008, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Is there any market with a leather seat option?

Old 10-26-2008, 10:39 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by orion42
your best bet on this is your local shop.

as for the mirrors only JDM can get them for now but i'm not
sure if he is still taking orders. he'll let you know.

also one other way to get them.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ror-cover.html

eBay Motors: 09 HONDA FIT JAZZ GE8 JDM LED TURN SIGNAL MIRROR COVER (item 120321647434 end time Oct-27-08 23:57:08 PDT)

Old 10-27-2008, 03:55 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by orion42
Singapore has leather as an option for the GE chassis... but I can`t seem to get my hands on them....... yet.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:12 AM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Singapore has leather as an option for the GE chassis... but I can`t seem to get my hands on them....... yet.
the leather is an additional item offered by dealers, does not come in stock condition.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:14 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by wpyeo
the leather is an additional item offered by dealers, does not come in stock condition.
Good info....you wouldN`t happen to know how much more it is for the leather would you

Old 10-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Good info....you wouldN`t happen to know how much more it is for the leather would you
nope. no idea. the leather usually comes FOC in a package. market rate for dealers usually few hundreds SGD.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by wpyeo
nope. no idea. the leather usually comes FOC in a package. market rate for dealers usually few hundreds SGD.
Sounds good...!! thanks

Old 10-28-2008, 06:53 AM
Retired Moderator
Front page updated with more JDM badge part #`s and Camber bolt parts #`s

Old 11-01-2008, 04:55 AM
Retired Moderator
Parts list updated

Old 11-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Retired Moderator
Complete front end parts list will be up later today.. that should be one of the last updates for a while ...unless some other new things pop up..

Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
I know you're not taking orders, but is the navi. block off plate available?

http://bp2.blogger.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/...aJazzFit_5.jpg

Old 11-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Neebs

Carscoop_HondaJazzFit_5.jpg (image)

Sure is if you need one PM me..

Old 11-13-2008, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Neebs

Carscoop_HondaJazzFit_5.jpg (image)
How does that exactly work?
What's it's purpose?

sorry for the dumb question, and Thank You in advance.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by FitStir
How does that exactly work?
What's it's purpose?

sorry for the dumb question, and Thank You in advance.

Not a Dumb question...

It`s just a plastic cover that would cover up a double din radio opening if you don`t wish to have a Radio/Navi in the car

Old 11-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Retired Moderator
Should have one more last update for part #`s... before I head back to the states here on November 20th.. ( fingers crossed )

Old 11-18-2008, 01:47 AM
I can understand why most of you’d want to change allot of stuff on the new fit that has been released in the states, but don’t rush into it as you may find they do what they did here in New Zealand and release a face lift model, I’m currently on my third jazz/fit, first they only released a 1.3 but you could add all the extras i.e. body kit rims etc, then 2 years later they brought out the 1.5 sport, which I brought straight away with a trade in, ya bigger motor and 7 speed paddle change, then within six to eight months they released the sport again(face lift model), with blinkers on mirrors, audio controls on steering wheel, and a few other gadgets etc, so before you go spend heaps trying to convert, or you still haven’t brought, wait and see as they will probably do the same over in th US as Honda will keep this shape for at least 3-4years(maybe) and just re-release with xtras that we have on the jdm model, to show they’ve made some changes, as most of the older people that the jazz was originally targeted at don’t really read these forums, so don’t know what they’re missing out on. and see these type of changes as big improvements.

but I have to say the USDM front end looks wrong and its got a Jennifer Lopez ass for a rear bumper ( no offence guys) and I don’t like the dial air con controls you get on your model, and am very surprised they didn’t put rear disk brakes on your model, but hey they’re still a great little car and drive the same.

Last edited by chyperX; 11-18-2008 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Lightbulb

The JDM GE Fit is not going to have a minor change untill 2010... so I would have to say the states would see a minor change around 2011...? I don`t think that much will change on both... maybe a few new options and a slight change in Aero parts..

Last edited by JDM_DOHC_SiR; 11-18-2008 at 06:07 AM. Reason: forgot the "T"
Old 11-18-2008, 05:53 AM
Retired Moderator
Updated front page

Old 11-18-2008, 05:58 AM
You will probably find that they do, do that, i.e., release with the sun roof, auto fold mirrors/heated , leather, climate control, rear disc, etc as a newer model same shape in the US, with even maybe minor changes on dash or interior inside, personally I think it’s not right how they did dump the older model on the US to see how the market would react to a good small hatch ,then within a year or so if I’m correct release the newer model 08/09, considering we have had these for so much longer on our market and they had already proven themselves as a very popular car( even getting the thumbs up by Jeremy Clarkson’s top gear UK) my first one was brought at the end of 2002, and only now has the shape changed, long awaited change in my eyes. But going by what I have read on this forum you have all taken to liking this car as much as I and so many others have for many years, and the new release is a much appreciated upgrade.
I’m not saying don’t do the changes that you want to do, but pending on how many miles you may clock up before the next US release, it may pay to wait before you upgrade to JDM spec as you may fine its cheaper to trade in while, still reasonably new and possibly save money. by buying the newer model than spending extra doing up the first release.

Look I may be completely wrong on this, but going by what they did over here in NZ and several other countries I’m only passing on what I what I’ve experienced with Honda jazz/fit releases.
And as I did say in last post there are several things that I just can’t figure out why they didn’t come out as stock in the US, this is why I’m kind of getting flash backs to how they have previously released models in our market, and because the US and Canada have been getting large sale numbers in this car as well as Japan, has held back our release and supply date quite a bit. And dealers over in the US are saying no more orders till late Jan+ maybe later while the demand is meet for the rest of the world market, you may find the next big shipment or order to the US may have sum of the changes you have all been talking about.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Parts Required to Update USDM GE Fit to JDM GE Fit Parts thread