2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Disappointed with '09's

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Disappointed with '09's

I know everyone is raving about the '09's, but apart from personally prefering the look of the 08's better, I am afraid that the comfort problem that a lot of men that I know have with the driver seat is still there. They tried to improve it with a telescoping wheel, but they also added lumbar support which you can not adjust. It does not feel good to me, at least on the test drives.

Also, the blue pearl is just not the same.

Any thoughts on the seat situation?

Robert

Old 09-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Do you have an '08??

Old 09-02-2008, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
I have a 08 and got use to it. IT just takes geting use to. But i am sure if u would but a new seat that would solve the problem. But not sure if u would want to do that

Old 09-03-2008, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cathyrob
I am afraid that the comfort problem that a lot of men that I know have with the driver seat is still there.
What comfort problem are you referring to? I know with my 07 model, my legs got tired/uncomfortable on long trips. I felt like the seats in the 09 were longer and supported better. As soon as I get my 09, I am planning a trip to New Orleans so I should get a good comparison

Old 09-03-2008, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
I am 6'3" and the 08 Fit seats are horrible for tall people. I haven't sat in the new one but I read it's bigger.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:09 AM
I test drove an '09 sport yesterday, and I thought the seats were more supportive and comfortable than in the '08. That said, I only drove the car for 4 miles, so far be it for me to weigh in on long distance comfort (or lack thereof). BTW, I'm 5'11", so perhaps someone 6'+ will have a different opinion.

A friend, who's 6'5", is getting an '09 (he also has an '07 that he's passing down to a college-bound son who's also 6'5") stated that he's got a bit more headroom in the '09, however, I'm not sure if he's actually sat in an '09 or if it's something that he's read.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
And 117 hp what up with that? wow

Old 09-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Seat Comfort in '09's

Thanks for all of your comments. There is a distinctively different feel in the lower back area in the 09's. I parked my 07 next to one and went back and forth. The new "lumbar support" felt like a pressure in my low back. I don't know if this will be good or bad on a long ride. I am just fearful of the latter.

Bought the 09 MT Blue Sport (no NAV) anyway since my wife and I love our 07' despite aching legs (I am 6' 0"), and the '09 was offered at MSRP. (Does that qualify me as a fitfreak?)

I pick it up this Sunday (Orange County) and will drive it home about 25 miles. If my back aches when I get home, we might have to sell it. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Old 09-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Thanks for all of your comments. There is a distinctively different feel in the lower back area in the 09's. I parked my 07 next to one and went back and forth. The new "lumbar support" felt like a pressure in my low back. I don't know if this will be good or bad on a long ride. I am just fearful of the latter.

Bought the 09 MT Blue Sport (no NAV) anyway since my wife and I love our 07' despite aching legs (I am 6' 0"), and the '09 was offered at MSRP. (Does that qualify me as a fitfreak?)

I pick it up this Sunday (Orange County) and will drive it home about 25 miles. If my back aches when I get home, we might have to sell it. Keeping my fingers crossed!!
Take 2 Advil before you leave the dealer!! And just relax and enjoy your new car!

Just being here qualifies you as a freaker! No one else finds this forum unless you are sold out to Fits...

Old 09-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Interesting - I find the new seats a big improvement (I'm 5'9" with lower back problems). The lumbar spport is perfect for me, and I find the driving position much better. In my '07, either my arms where straight out at full extension (try driving that way for any length of time!) or my legs were too cramped up for comfort.

I intend to look into upgrading the seats in my '07, but I'm not yet sure it's possible due to the strange shape of the floor.

JonasM

Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
07-08 ftw
/thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I finally saw my first 09 last night. Personally, its one of the ugliest cars Ive ever seen.
Everything just disappointed me about it.

Steering wheel feels like cheap foam, seats are too firm, A/C controls looked like a 5yr old placed them.
Hate the new dash. Its almost like everything swallows the driver because it looks so big.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Went to see the Fit today, didn't really get to drive it since the car hasn't been inspected and prep yet. The seats are much much better than the 07-08s, they don't feel as cheap and the seat foam material is better too. I too have lower back problem and the seat felt great. The driver armrest is great too. The only problem I had with the seat was it sits a bit high but that was the same issue with the 07-08s.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
I finally saw my first 09 last night. Personally, its one of the ugliest cars Ive ever seen.
Everything just disappointed me about it.

Steering wheel feels like cheap foam, seats are too firm, A/C controls looked like a 5yr old placed them.
Hate the new dash. Its almost like everything swallows the driver because it looks so big.
Sound like you sat in the regular Fit. The Sport has very nice steering wheel, the leather is very nicely padded and felt nice. I didn't see a non sport in person yet but the Sport looks great.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:32 PM
I know everyone is raving about the '09's, but apart from personally prefering the look of the 08's better, I am afraid that the comfort problem that a lot of men that I know have with the driver seat is still there. They tried to improve it with a telescoping wheel, but they also added lumbar support which you can not adjust. It does not feel good to me, at least on the test drives.

Also, the blue pearl is just not the same.

Any thoughts on the seat situation?

Robert

I agree on the seats...they suck, but don't let that put a damper on your thoughts about the Fit, as it is better in every way possible. Just buy an aftermarket seat and the problem is solved. I would actually source a JDM Civic Type-R from Japan and use that seat in the Fit....fashion up some brackets and boom. Comfort, support and the OEM look.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by hanzo
Sound like you sat in the regular Fit. The Sport has very nice steering wheel, the leather is very nicely padded and felt nice. I didn't see a non sport in person yet but the Sport looks great.
Nope. I know the difference, It was a sport.
It felt like the base steering wheel on the 07-08's.

And I think the Civic wheels are fugly anyway.

And judging by the pics on this site (JDM ones at least) the base looks better to me.
The added kit is ugly on the 09's.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
Nope. I know the difference, It was a sport.
It felt like the base steering wheel on the 07-08's.

And I think the Civic wheels are fugly anyway.

And judging by the pics on this site (JDM ones at least) the base looks better to me.
The added kit is ugly on the 09's.
Yeah, but how did it drive?

Old 09-03-2008, 09:32 PM
You can get a blackberry pearl from Verizon Wireless

Old 09-04-2008, 12:35 AM
I don't own a Fit yet so the choosing the 09 is a no-brainer. If I owned a Fit already it would be, at most, only be 2 years old, so picking up an 09 would be a much harder decision to make.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:38 AM
i think the old suspension is better..
but
i like the huge windshield ..cabin noise is very low too.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with '09's