2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Disappointed with '09's

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Haven't seen an 09 yet, but sounds like the seats are better, which is great because I'm ALWAYS trying to get comfortable in mine and it's impossible. Might get a pair of 09 buckets if they "FIT"?

Old 09-04-2008, 06:58 PM
GP Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion on swapping out the seat. My mechanic also has a lot of body experience so I will have to ask him about this.

Hopefully, I will get used to it. I pick the car up this
Sunday.

Robert

Old 09-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by 98TypeR
Yeah, but how did it drive?
I didnt drive it. They wouldnt let me as it wasnt PDIed. They just received it a few hours before I got there.
I really wanted to drive it. Once I told the sales person I wasnt going to buy it he acted like I wasnt even there anymore.

I now know not to do that.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:34 AM
lol that's like rule # 1 man!

Also Ray I need to know where you got your tails They look red/orange I like them more than red/smoked..

Old 09-06-2008, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hanzo
I am 6'3" and the 08 Fit seats are horrible for tall people. I haven't sat in the new one but I read it's bigger.

One of the reasons i bought my 07 Fit was because I actually do,i'm 6'5" 230 and love the ergonomics.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2
One of the reasons i bought my 07 Fit was because I actually do,i'm 6'5" 230 and love the ergonomics.
I sat in the new seat and it's a lot better than the old seat. It has much more support on my back and legs.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I sat in a 09 base fit and I felt a big difference in comfort from the 08

Old 09-06-2008, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
I haven't sat in the 09 but like the seats in my 07. I used to own an EP3 and the Fit has similar one's..did a 500 mile drive no complaints. I also own an EVO IX RS and they come with Recaros the Fit seats are just as comfy but yet laterally supportive for cornering. Guess it's down to frame of reference. I like the 09 but not as much as the first gen-looks like a Prius,lot's of glass,and those headlight buckets dwarf the front end unlike the early car. I do think the larger wheelhouses will make a P1 OR 2 rim look much better than on the first gen.. As far as the ten more horsepower these are subcompacts not sports cars- i bought it because of the tremendous amount of room(500 lbs of groceries or my mountain bike"fit") and 37 mpg city with slight hypermiling. Nice to see they brought back the TW which is such agreat color on these!

JMHO

Old 09-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by cathyrob
I know everyone is raving about the '09's, but apart from personally prefering the look of the 08's better, I am afraid that the comfort problem that a lot of men that I know have with the driver seat is still there. They tried to improve it with a telescoping wheel, but they also added lumbar support which you can not adjust. It does not feel good to me, at least on the test drives.

Also, the blue pearl is just not the same.

Any thoughts on the seat situation?

Robert
Just got my 09 blue sport MT today and drove it 40 miles home. Disappointed no more!!! The lumbar support felt great. We have an 07 already and the notable differences on the ride home included: 1) the advanced electronics on the radio - RDS system that displays artist and song title is very cool. Radio can also be set to scan only the genre of your choice. Can't wait to connect my ipod via the USB port. 2) really appreciate the auto locking doors. 3) The best improvement was the MPG sensor and display-- In cruise control at 65 mph, it was indicating mpg in the low 40's almost the entire drive!

Note that the blue is a darker shade than the 07/08's, not quite as sensational, but pretty in its own right.

We will be very happy with this car.

Robert

Old 09-07-2008, 10:04 PM
have you thought about buying a different seat?

Old 09-08-2008, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks Ray for saying exactly what I'm thinking as well. Except I think you're a bit more diplomatic than I am. I'm practically repulsed by this new incarnation. When I say I hate the 09, that's not an exaggeration. I actually HATE this abomination and I am actually embarrassed that my car shares the same name. Disappointing...embarrassing...fugly beyond belief. 10 years from now, comparing the 1st gen vs the 2nd gen will be like comparing a late-60's model Mustang to a mid-80's model. Beauty vs WTF??!

2009 Fit = EPIC fail

Old 09-09-2008, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Seems people have differing opinions on the two most subjective aspects of a car: styling and seat comfort.

Human bodies vary widely in size and shape. This makes seat design one of the most challenging aspects of designing a car. Without a dozen adjustments--as in BMW's Comfort Seats--it's very hard to make a seat that pleases just about everyone.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mkaresh
Seems people have differing opinions on the two most subjective aspects of a car: styling and seat comfort.

Human bodies vary widely in size and shape. This makes seat design one of the most challenging aspects of designing a car. Without a dozen adjustments--as in BMW's Comfort Seats--it's very hard to make a seat that pleases just about everyone.

True that. I certainly was scratching my head when someone in this thread said they thought the seat position was actually too high. That's one I never heard here before.

Me, I wasn't happy with the lack of thigh support, so I raised the seat approx. 1.25in. with longer bolts and washers and that was enough to make all the difference in the world in terms of support for my legs. And it was little enough that it doesn't feel like I'm towering over a passenger next to me, nor hitting my head on the ceiling.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
When I say I hate the 09, that's not an exaggeration. I actually HATE this abomination and I am actually embarrassed that my car shares the same name.

dont cry, wipe your eye

Old 09-10-2008, 06:48 PM
i dont like the new ones either, but alot of people didnt like the last ones too, so i am just going to be happy with my 08 and forget about the new ones.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by fitoromocto
And 117 hp what up with that? wow
tahts to the crank... the same way the 07/08 has "107" which really means 86whp

Old 09-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey fit to b tied - like the Floyd avatar, but... Isnt that better for the Geo Prism forum ?

Old 09-12-2008, 09:43 AM
The dealer I went to yesterday had a 08 and 09 (both manual). I test drove both of them and I preferred the 09 (and ended up buying it). Things I liked in the 09 over the 08 include:

1. Better looking (personal taste).
2. More power and smoother power. Accelerating with 09 is much nicer.
3. Roomier.
4. Handling is better. This is most noticeable on tight curves were you really push it (the sales guy gave me some evil looks on test drives).
5. Seems like there is a lot more cargo space?
6. Much more comfortable seats. A lot more lateral, lumbar,and seat support (I went back and forth from seats several times).
7. More cup holders

edit: adding several things that occured to me.

Last edited by fliptwister; 09-12-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:58 AM
I test drove a Sport yesterday, and I gotta say that I thought the seats were very comfortable (at least in the front. Back was stiff, but I'm 6'2"). I actually preferred the seat over my 08 Civics...the back felt more supportive.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
I went and looked at one based on that if I found the seats significantly more comfortable I would trade up my '08 Fit that I bought in May. Also the arm rest was a consideration. I found for me it wasn't worth trading in.

The seat is slightly longer, but my legs are simply too long. It's okay and I've sat in worse. The angle of the dead pedal is better than the Zeta model. The steering wheel is admittantly better positioned for those of us that have to put the seat all the way back, but I've gotten use to my '08 as well by now.

The armrest is a joke, with it being a narrow 1.5-2" not usuable at all for me. I'll be getting a JDM center console for my '08 and be happy with it.

Comfort would have had to be a major improvement for me to switch over, it was barely. Also the roof seems to have equal arc on the front and back making it trickier for me to mount a permanent roof rack on the '09... but perhaps the rails would bend...probably would have to use landing pads.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with '09's