2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Some new JDM Goodies for the 09 Fit...(updated when new parts arive)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
I'd love to hear a sound clip when you have the time. It sounds exactly what I'm looking for.
I'll see what I can do...

Old 03-13-2009, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You will have to remove the door panels and route 4 wires to the main fuse area

If I get the wires to that area, which specific wires do I need to splice into?

Old 03-16-2009, 01:05 AM
Retired Moderator
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by aenokea
I'll have that info up towards the end of the week

Old 03-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Yay... and there was much rejoicing!

I did manage to get labeled scans of a JDM wiring diagram from Norihito (Ogane), the fellow who sells the turn-signal mirrors on eBay. I couldn't make all that much out of them, as my ham radio electronics lessons are fading fast. Nonetheless, let me post 'em here...

Here are some links: http://2guysgames.com/bazweb/mirrors1.JPG
And... http://2guysgames.com/bazweb/mirrors2.JPG

Not sure how useful these are or if y'all already got these schematics (from your JDM manuals, Dave) from Nori, but a thanks to him nonetheless for e-mailing them to me.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Baz

Old 03-16-2009, 12:41 PM
w00t! That way I only need to buy wire and connectors and can try doing it myself!

Old 03-16-2009, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
OK guys.... phase 1 is 85~90% finished.....

Here are a few pic's ( sh!tty ones at that.... anyone in the San Diego area good with a camera..? )

more pic's to come as the parts get on and pictures get better in quality

Don't normally go into the GE8 forum but this car is just absolutely clean!!

Great Job on the car and look forward to seeing what else you've got planned on this thing.

But seriously what rims are they *EDIT* I did not have time to look through the whole thread when I was at work. BUT now I got a chance at the home computer and found out they are Work 18s! Very NICE!!!

Peace,

Last edited by Skytraveler; 03-16-2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: found out the wheel you have!!
Old 03-17-2009, 03:10 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by baz_atl
Yay... and there was much rejoicing!

I did manage to get labeled scans of a JDM wiring diagram from Norihito (Ogane), the fellow who sells the turn-signal mirrors on eBay. I couldn't make all that much out of them, as my ham radio electronics lessons are fading fast. Nonetheless, let me post 'em here...

Here are some links: http://2guysgames.com/bazweb/mirrors1.JPG
And... http://2guysgames.com/bazweb/mirrors2.JPG

Not sure how useful these are or if y'all already got these schematics (from your JDM manuals, Dave) from Nori, but a thanks to him nonetheless for e-mailing them to me.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Baz
Baz..

IT looks like Nori gave you the manual for the GD3.... I belive the color codes are a bit different than the ones you have posted... I'll double check.... .

Old 03-17-2009, 03:11 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Skytraveler
Don't normally go into the GE8 forum but this car is just absolutely clean!!

Great Job on the car and look forward to seeing what else you've got planned on this thing.

But seriously what rims are they *EDIT* I did not have time to look through the whole thread when I was at work. BUT now I got a chance at the home computer and found out they are Work 18s! Very NICE!!!

Peace,
Thanks

Old 03-17-2009, 03:13 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by mikejet
w00t! That way I only need to buy wire and connectors and can try doing it myself!

For you guys that are not doing the complete folding mirror/heated mirror wire up like I am it will be very easy.... about 3 feet of wire and a couple of scotch locks and taking off the front door panels... thats about it.... 2 hours max if your are not the mechanic type of person

Old 03-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Retired Moderator
Arrow

Originally Posted by aenokea
Soon my friend.... soon

Old 03-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi sir jdm, very nice ride u have there. The drop is just perfect, not too low, just okay. Anyway we have an identical car judged by the looks. It is just mine is Jazz which I think has some sifference from the Fits. I will post mine so u can see ur twin

Have a nice ride

Old 03-18-2009, 12:07 PM
For you guys that are not doing the complete folding mirror/heated mirror wire up like I am it will be very easy.... about 3 feet of wire and a couple of scotch locks and taking off the front door panels... thats about it.... 2 hours max if your are not the mechanic type of person
Well, a coat hanger and patience too! Gotta get it through that door gromit right?

Can't wait! Might do mine Friday afternoon.

Oh! Just looked up what a scotch lock is! Nice, in line splicing then? No need to go all the way to the fuse box?

Old 03-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by J3SS13
Hi sir jdm, very nice ride u have there. The drop is just perfect, not too low, just okay. Anyway we have an identical car judged by the looks. It is just mine is Jazz which I think has some sifference from the Fits. I will post mine so u can see ur twin

Have a nice ride
Thanks ... I would love to see some pic's

Old 03-20-2009, 09:02 AM
Retired Moderator
Should have some basic wiring up today for you guys that are looking to do the mirror covers with the winkers installed....

Old 03-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Should have some basic wiring up today for you guys that are looking to do the mirror covers with the winkers installed....
LOL I have an appointment at a shop later to have them install for $90. Should I just do it myself?

Been on the fence cause I don't know how to remove the panels or anything else.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Thumbs up

I was going to have pic's on how to remove the door panels and what not and where to locate the wires.... but 90$ is not bad if you don't want to deal with doing it yourself...

either way I will have the basic steps up to do it and where to find the wires

LOL I have an appointment at a shop later to have them install for $90. Should I just do it myself?

Been on the fence cause I don't know how to remove the panels or anything else.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:54 AM
I was going to have pic's on how to remove the door panels and what not and where to locate the wires.... but 90$ is not bad if you don't want to deal with doing it yourself...

either way I will have the basic steps up to do it and where to find the wires
The shop is only like 5-10 minutes form my house too. BTW, you should have heard the crazy stuff from the dealer service guys that I asked about installing them. Most quoted $75-90 and hour with no estimate at length of time.

I'll have pics up if I can find my digi cam after I get them installed.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Retired Moderator
The shop is only like 5-10 minutes form my house too. BTW, you should have heard the crazy stuff from the dealer service guys that I asked about installing them. Most quoted $75-90 and hour with no estimate at length of time.

I'll have pics up if I can find my digi cam after I get them installed.
WoW!! Crazy prices from the dealer... post them up when they get done!!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Got my mirror signals installed. They look awesome. Will post pics later! Found my digicam at my wife's mom's house.

By the way, when he installed it, man, I'm glad I had someone do it. It's not that it's hard it's just there's alot I wouldn't have known what to do.

Also, he was able to tap into the rear turn signals that run along the driver side cable under the panel that is near the door sill while the other wire went to somewhere near the fuse box. I believe he screwed that one to the fuse box somewhere because he used an "o" type wire connector there. The ones that tied to the rear lights went to the solid white and solid blue wires.

The only thing is that they look awesome, but because of the design of the mirror, you can't see them from where you are sitting.

Last edited by mikejet; 03-21-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:56 PM
it is possible to email me? solorzano616 at aol.com
I need info on how to obtain the power folding with turn signal mirrors in storm silver for the 2009 fit.
thanks so much
Rene

Quick Reply: Some new JDM Goodies for the 09 Fit...(updated when new parts arive)