2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I test drove the 2009 Honda Fit Sport today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Silly Monkey
It's surprising that the navi doesn't come with bluetooth because I read it's virtually the same unit as found in the Civic. Curious as to why Honda deleted this feature.

In terms of the steering wheel mounted audio controls, this feature is available only with navi. I test drove 2 sports w/o navi, and each had only steering wheel mounted cruise control buttons. I think this is an odd oversight, which I'm guessing will be remedied for the '10 model. As much as I want this item, I'm unwilling to wait another year.

WEAK!

I read on the Honda website that steering wheel mounted controls are standard on the Fit Sport. They just don't clarify what those controls actually control...

I also saw pics of the interior of the Sport w/out navigation, and saw the controls. I just couldn't see they were only for the cruise control.

This is very disappointing. I'm going to test drive a both an AT & MT Fit this week and really wanted the audio controls on the steering wheel, and the ability to get VSC w/out forking out extra $$$ for the overpriced navigation.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by FyrFytr
This is very disappointing. I'm going to test drive a both an AT & MT Fit this week and really wanted the audio controls on the steering wheel, and the ability to get VSC w/out forking out extra $$$ for the overpriced navigation.
I've said it before and I'll say it again... steering wheel audio controls should be standard on Sport, and VSA should be a stand-alone option. Come on Honda, if the Chevy Aveo has audio controls, why can't the Fit? This is an injustice that I shall fight to the grave

Old 09-08-2008, 12:48 PM
wow $2000 for a stock navi, you can get a nice navi w/ dvd player and much more for less then $2000. nice move in resisting the con salesman.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by feddup
Hopefully it'll come with the automated paint chip repair system as well. Fantasyland might be worth 20K!
Automated paint chip repair system will be standard on all Fits by 2012. Actually, if Honda doesn't do it, we should patent it -- I think this could be the next big thing in automotive. Since you're the brains behind the idea, I'll only need 10%. I figure 10% of a billion should last me a while. I would gladly purchase steering wheel audio controls for all my compadres on Fit Freak.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:49 AM
i test drove the fit yesterday and i think the rear seat backrest is a little short. that and the bumpy ride would make for a uncomfy ride for passengers.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FyrFytr
A) The steering wheel mounted audio controls are standard on the Fit Sport, regardless of whether or not you have the navigation unit.
I'm afraid you'll be in for a roud awakening if you go on that presumption.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:45 AM
Generally I would defend the price of the navi based on all the features as a head unit, but honda gutted BT and XM... so its kind hard to defend it EVEN though its got great voice recognition and functionality.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by badself
I'm afraid you'll be in for a roud awakening if you go on that presumption.
I did in fact experience a rude awakening (if that's what you were referring to ) four days ago when this fact was pointed out to me.

I posted at the top of this page about it.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by jerrrrry
A 2004 honda accord 4door ex with navi blue books $1,150 higher than a 2004 honda accord 4door ex without navi. If you check the 2006's they blue book $1575 higher. NADA is ussually right on. The only thing I can think is that rental companies don't rent hondas. Based on this I went ahead and got the navi figuring if i sell I'll get my money back ,espesially with the vsa and the steering wheel controls. (Plus the radio is butt ugly)

NADa also said my vehicle trade in was worth over 6000 dollars and no dealership would give me more than 4,000.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
From reading this, it doesn't sound like many people attach much value to the VSA system. We gritted our teeth and bought the navi to get a small car with VSA. I don't mind the nav system (Honda's is pretty good if you overlook the cost of the DVD) but I would have stuck with my Garmin. We had the use of a car with VSA last winter during some really bad weather and we were sold on it. Now I can only hope that ours gets here in time for this year's weather.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Navigation systems are like a lot of other luxuries, like the Internet, cable television, air conditioning (in cooler climates like ours - a little more indispensable in, say, Florida , the iPod... you don't need one at all. But once you own one, you realize how useful they are.

I use my nav system (in my Accord) all the time, even when I know roughly where something is. The ability to tell me precisely where the block I need is, and where the building is, is a great convenience. I even occasionally use the business search function.

Don't even get me started during travel. We drove in Seattle for the first time last June. The street system is very complex. No worries with a nav system at all.

While I wish our Fit had one (Canadian Fits don't have a nav system available, although we do get heated mirrors in most models ), we can live since we have it in the other car. However, the Fit would be an awesome travel car with a nav system. (We tend to take the Accord on longer trips because it's bigger and more comfortable, but the Fit would be perfect for weekend getaways.)