2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

OTD Prices for 09 Fits...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
$21467.50 OTD including Navi, Auto Transmission and Lo-Jack.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by OrangeRevolution
In the SF Bay Area, I think it's impossible to get one at MSRP unless you are willing to wait. Dealers are charging $4K or more over MSRP which is a disgrace to Honda and pricing Fits out of the market. When I say $4K or more, that usually includes $1K worth of stupid "protection"/"security" packages that are probably worth 10 cents on the dollar if anybody would even want them. One Internet dealer advertised MSRP on their website, but then said, "Oh, well we never publish over MSRP on the Internet. But, we ARE charging $1500 over." It's a true disgrace.

FWIW, I paid $500 over MSRP + some boning on wheel locks, but refused to pay for all the other "magic" add-ons which represent some sunk costs paid by the dealer. At least my salesman was cool and reasonable unlike some.

For those in other states, you really don't want to know what the out-the-door price is considering all the taxes, fees, etc., we pay. It's depressing.
+1. I worked very hard to find the car I want in the BA at MSRP + $500.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I can`t wait for some of the California guys to chime in here with there OTD prices
California
09' AT SPORT with free all season floor mats
18.5k OTD

Old 09-22-2008, 02:59 PM
h2o
Originally Posted by ye fit
California
09' AT SPORT with free all season floor mats
18.5k OTD
Care to share which dealership? I have one pre-ordered and am promised they will sell it for MSRP. Just in case they back out on me, thanks in advance.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by h2o
Care to share which dealership? I have one pre-ordered and am promised they will sell it for MSRP. Just in case they back out on me, thanks in advance.
Miller Honda in Culver City, I believe they have 3 black ones right now.

1. SPORT AT non navi
2. Base AT non navi
3. dunno the 3rd one

Old 09-22-2008, 03:40 PM
h2o
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ye fit
Miller Honda in Culver City, I believe they have 3 black ones right now.

1. SPORT AT non navi
2. Base AT non navi
3. dunno the 3rd one
Thanks, I will use this as a bargain chip.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:16 PM
I got the same exact deal but i walked in and spent about 3 horrible hours at the dealer trying to get the best price. Purchased blue sensation sport AT 9/20 but no floor mats. I thought i could get a better deal but my wife loves the fit. Thats all that matters at this point.

Originally Posted by chris 619
State: CA (Poway)
Model: Sport AT, Storm Silver
OTD Price: 17,580 (MSRP) + 1,397.33 (Tax) + 28.00 (DMV) + 55.00 (Doc) + 195.75 (Title, License and Tire Fees) = $19,256.08

I got MSRP through the Internet Managers. Anyone else using this route? Also, I didn't have to buy anything else, and I did get free wheel locks. If anyone wants a black at sport, there's still one there today.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:33 PM
I tried hard to get Honda Carland in Roswell, GA to back down from MSRP plus a $499 "customer service" fee for a gorgeous BSP AT sport. They wouldn't budge. Their customer service was good but not $500 good. Anyone know of a dealer in the Atlanta area not trying to price gouge???

Old 09-26-2008, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
MudP

You may hate them for gouging but if I were you and they still have the car- go this weekend- since last weekend of the month and end of Q3-
I bet they will give in some... and once they give in... ask for free mats and free installed honda wheel locks

my two cents

Old 09-26-2008, 04:32 PM
I said no on Tuesday and it was sold on Thursday, I'm sure for what they were asking... probably with the $185 "appearance package" they were kind enough to waive for me . They only had 2 or 3 in stock and I had first dibs but wasn't willing to pay significantly over MSRP. Just too much demand for too little supply, I guess.

Originally Posted by KenBT
MudP

You may hate them for gouging but if I were you and they still have the car- go this weekend- since last weekend of the month and end of Q3-
I bet they will give in some... and once they give in... ask for free mats and free installed honda wheel locks

my two cents

Old 09-27-2008, 05:39 PM
I paid $17580 for a Black Auto Sport. thats before taxes, titling, and doc fees since that differs state to state.

No freebies.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:56 PM
I paid $600 over MSRP in the Seattle area. They were asking almost $2000 over MSRP, but there's no way I would have paid that much over..... It wasn't real easy negotiating down from that though.

I could have paid MSRP at another dealer, but would have had to wait about 4 months longer in order to get the car - and that dealership was quite a bit further away. My current car's timing belt is overdue for replacement (among other things) so it was worth the extra money to get the car sooner.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Got quotes from 13 additional dealers in the area and most were just as inflated. Found ~5 willing to budge some. Went with Honda of Conyers which is a great group that offered a fair price of $16,371 + $670 destination + $589 dealer fees + $1,234.10 tax (7%) + $31 title/lemon law for an OTD price of $18,895.10. This was a net of $50 over MSRP for my BSP AT sport. I'm very happy . I'd like to give kudos to Willett Honda who also offered a very fair price but didn't have my preference in stock. It also sounded like Carey Paul Honda was willing to deal but not quite as far as I asked. Got at least a few quotes at ~1K over what I paid.
Originally Posted by MudPuppy
I tried hard to get Honda Carland in Roswell, GA to back down from MSRP plus a $499 "customer service" fee for a gorgeous BSP AT sport. They wouldn't budge. Their customer service was good but not $500 good. Anyone know of a dealer in the Atlanta area not trying to price gouge???

Old 09-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Wow...I always thought Massachusetts was the land of high prices! It is BTW....Just that my local dealer confirmed "MSRP" plus taxes (5%) & a $299.00 Document fee (scam fee if you ask me) plus $86.00 for a new MA. plate (mine current one is in bad shape) That's it! Plus...An 8 week lead time.

They said " Well...We fill your gas tank to the top" Please! Oh...They mentioned "We'll have all you paper work in order" My thoughts were "That's what you should do in the 1st place" I guess I'm lucky! I would never, ever purcahse an automobile above retail! Looks like I have 7 weeks to go!

Old 09-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Bought an orange Sport AT at MSRP in SF Bay Area today

Originally Posted by OrangeRevolution
In the SF Bay Area, I think it's impossible to get one at MSRP unless you are willing to wait.
Originally Posted by DrPhyzx
I worked very hard to find the car I want in the BA at MSRP + $500.
I played five dealers since Wednesday, determined to find the lowest price possible in the San Francisco area with no wait time.

It seemed to me that supply was up from only a few weeks ago. I think it's because a bunch of people reserved the Fit a month ago and either changed their mind or made multiple reservations and took the first one that came in.

Either way, dealers have these cars on their lot now.

Some dealers started at over MSRP, others at MSRP, but I pushed, pushed, pushed for under.

By yesterday, I narrowed it down to 3 Sport ATs at 3 dealerships. By this morning, 2 out of the 3 cars were sold to someone else, so I finally decided that MSRP really was the lowest price I could get right now.

The last dealer standing had stuck some dealer add-on called a Protection Pack as well as wheel locks, neither of which I wanted. I did want floor mats. They valued all three add-ons at approx. $500. Dealer cost, according to them, was $300 or so.

Two hours later, I had them down to $100 for all 3 and a reasonable price for the trade-in, so I took it.

Honda Sport Fit AT- $17,580
Protection Pack, Wheel Locks, Floor Mats- $100 (all installed)
+ tax, dmv, etc.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Odd thing I noticed, a smaller Honda dealership near me has had a white navi AT, and base AT for around 2 weeks now and they haven't budged. They also got another navi with this first shipment that the dealership owner has at home. No market adjustment fees or crazy markups.

I'm waiting on a white nav MT from a larger dealership across town. May end up going for the Blue though after seeing some of the pics posted recently, however I already have a dark blue 4runner we're keeping.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by dslw2024
I played five dealers since Wednesday, determined to find the lowest price possible in the San Francisco area with no wait time.

It seemed to me that supply was up from only a few weeks ago. I think it's because a bunch of people reserved the Fit a month ago and either changed their mind or made multiple reservations and took the first one that came in.

Either way, dealers have these cars on their lot now.

Some dealers started at over MSRP, others at MSRP, but I pushed, pushed, pushed for under.

By yesterday, I narrowed it down to 3 Sport ATs at 3 dealerships. By this morning, 2 out of the 3 cars were sold to someone else, so I finally decided that MSRP really was the lowest price I could get right now.

The last dealer standing had stuck some dealer add-on called a Protection Pack as well as wheel locks, neither of which I wanted. I did want floor mats. They valued all three add-ons at approx. $500. Dealer cost, according to them, was $300 or so.

Two hours later, I had them down to $100 for all 3 and a reasonable price for the trade-in, so I took it.

Honda Sport Fit AT- $17,580
Protection Pack, Wheel Locks, Floor Mats- $100 (all installed)
+ tax, dmv, etc.
Kudos to you. One problem I have is a smaller market: I want a Sport MT with Nav/VSA, and only in Blue Sensation or Red. That puts me in such a small market that I lose some significant bargaining power. In fact, it appears to me that there will only be a few cars in this configuration in the next few months in the whole South Bay, and I can't really wait beyond that as I will be moving (with car) to Europe in the Spring (much cheaper to buy here since my employer will pay to move the car over there). Meanwhile, the car this is meant to replace will need some major (>$2000) service in the next few months if I don't get rid of it, so I'm pretty motivated to make a deal. Still, I'm better off than where I started, since I was being quoted between $1000 and $2000 over MSRP at the reputable dealers around here when I began looking (and there are some that I won't even talk to based upon reputation).

Now, with gas prices lowering and bad economic news, I would expect softening demand. So... I may take a run at the other dealers in a week or so to see if I can find a better deal before the car I reserved comes in (end of Oct.)

BTW, one dealer told me right away when I contacted them that they were not marking up their Fits *from stock*. However, since nobody (let alone that particular dealer) I contacted has yet received the car I want, that does not do me any good.

Last edited by DrPhyzx; 09-28-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by DrPhyzx
Kudos to you. One problem I have is a smaller market: I want a Sport MT with Nav/VSA, and only in Blue Sensation or Red. That puts me in such a small market that I lose some significant bargaining power. In fact, it appears to me that there will only be a few cars in this configuration in the next few months in the whole South Bay, and I can't really wait beyond that as I will be moving (with car) to Europe in the Spring (much cheaper to buy here since my employer will pay to move the car over there). Meanwhile, the car this is meant to replace will need some major (>$2000) service in the next few months if I don't get rid of it, so I'm pretty motivated to make a deal. Still, I'm better off than where I started, since I was being quoted between $1000 and $2000 over MSRP at the reputable dealers around here when I began looking (and there are some that I won't even talk to based upon reputation).

Now, with gas prices lowering and bad economic news, I would expect softening demand. So... I may take a run at the other dealers in a week or so to see if I can find a better deal before the car I reserved comes in (end of Oct.)

BTW, one dealer told me right away when I contacted them that they were not marking up their Fits *from stock*. However, since nobody (let alone that particular dealer) I contacted has yet received the car I want, that does not do me any good.

There is a black, manual, with NAV, in Boise, Idaho. Larry Miller. They are marking their cars up but if you are paying cash and not much work for them, you will get it for MSRP.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Honda Fit 2009 Sport A/T - Tidewater Blue

Honda Fit 2009
Sport A/T
Tidewater Blue

No add-ons, no trade-in, no financing:
OTD $18,930

I essentially paid $250 less than MSRP.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
definitely makes sense...

last weekend of the quarter- i can see people paying that and less this weekend especially

Quick Reply: OTD Prices for 09 Fits...