2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

OTD Prices for 09 Fits...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FyrFytr
It's possible that there is no new pricing deal yet, and they were just giving me the same deal on the 09's that they had worked out (and previously quoted me) on an 08 Fit.

That $400 processing fee is still bothering me...
$400 Process fee does seem expensive though. The $275 I paid includes title, registration for 5 years and temporary tag. I know that cost $235 on my own, So the actual dealer padding is only $40 which is very fair IMO for doing all the work.

Is the $400 your dealer wants including those fees, or is that on top?

Old 09-15-2008, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Just to let y'all know, we've just put down a $500 (refundable) deposit for a '09 Orange Fit Sport Auto at MSRP + DMV (Oregon motor vehicle licensing fee of $218), $17798 OTD. (No sales tax here in OR.)

Expected delivery is mid-November.

Strange to pay MSRP for a car, but that seems to be about the best people are getting, at least based on this thread. And just as I called to confirm the deposit, a second dealer emailed me back also offering for MSRP. The dealer is about an hour away.

We emailed about 10 dealers in a 100 mile radius, and the process took about 48 hours. The other bids ranged from $500 to $2000 above MSRP. When we took a test drive, that dealer wanted $3000 above MSRP, plus requiring another $1000 in options.

AAA suggested that there are dealers who sell for MSRP in CA too, and were inquiring for me - but they would have added several hundred for delivery.

I really appreciate the messages from other members here, giving me a feel for the prices people are getting.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Anyone know a dealer in FL that is willing to deal $19,000 or under OTD for a sport auto? Every place I've talked to is wanting over MSRP plus 599-699 in dealer fees. One even wanted almost $21k (wouldn't budge) OTD.

So frustrating

Old 09-16-2008, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Here in pensacola they are cheap i was thinking of trading the 08 i have for the 09. I payed 18300 otd for the 08 in CA. Here they want 17,600 OTD for the 09 sprts wich i thought was great i was ready to sign but they would only offer me 13,000 for my 08 with 5500 miles that is a month old and it has the upgrade alarm from honda and a 7year 100,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty on it. It has that many miles do to the move from CA to FL. But i guess i will be keeping my 08 for the next 5-6 years. But yea come to Pensacola they seem cheap here

Old 09-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Looks like I'm getting a blue sport auto for 19,300 OTD. Little more than I wanted, but I need a car quick and this is the one I want.

Will post more after the deal is done, delivery next week is what I was told.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by triton.
$400 Process fee does seem expensive though. The $275 I paid includes title, registration for 5 years and temporary tag. I know that cost $235 on my own, So the actual dealer padding is only $40 which is very fair IMO for doing all the work.

Is the $400 your dealer wants including those fees, or is that on top?
That $400 processing fee was IN ADDITION to $59 for registration, titling, licensing, plus $556 in taxes.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Just put a deposit down for a blue fit sport/auto at $19,046 OTD had to call around and send out a bunch of internet requests, but I finally found the car I wanted for the right price.

Just a lesson to everyone, don't give up and don't settle for something you don't want or for over MSRP.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I'm in the market for a new Fit (Sport/Navi/Manual) and I was wondering if anyone got a similar one for (significantly) under MSRP/close to invoice.

Long story short, my 2008 Scion tC (9 months old) was totaled this past weekend by the flash flooding in St. Louis, so I'm out of a car now. I'm currently a student living outside of walking distance from my University, and my rental coverage is only for a week. There's exactly one Fit with that particular combination in St. Louis, and dealers aren't certain if they'll be getting any in the next month in that combination either. So that doesn't exactly give me any sort of bargaining room outside of the [empty] threat of me going home (Maryland) to get one. I'd like to be able to seal the deal on the Fit in the next week or so, but I'm not going to overpay for it either.

I'm probably going to talk to the salesman tomorrow, and see if he can match the Costco pricing. I'm not certain if Costco has released a price sheet for the 09, because one dealer I spoke to who does participate in Costco pricing doesn't have the one I want in stock nor did he know offhand what that price was. Basically I'm going to try and get him down towards invoice, but an actual number would be nice to work with.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 PM
I talked to Costco, and "Costco dealers" don't have to participate. For example, the local dealer refuses to sell Fits, Civics, or any Hybrid under the program. Why? There is just no incentive. They can sell every one they get at well over MSRP.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:57 PM
In the SF Bay Area, I think it's impossible to get one at MSRP unless you are willing to wait. Dealers are charging $4K or more over MSRP which is a disgrace to Honda and pricing Fits out of the market. When I say $4K or more, that usually includes $1K worth of stupid "protection"/"security" packages that are probably worth 10 cents on the dollar if anybody would even want them. One Internet dealer advertised MSRP on their website, but then said, "Oh, well we never publish over MSRP on the Internet. But, we ARE charging $1500 over." It's a true disgrace.

FWIW, I paid $500 over MSRP + some boning on wheel locks, but refused to pay for all the other "magic" add-ons which represent some sunk costs paid by the dealer. At least my salesman was cool and reasonable unlike some.

For those in other states, you really don't want to know what the out-the-door price is considering all the taxes, fees, etc., we pay. It's depressing.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by jawnc
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I'm in the market for a new Fit (Sport/Navi/Manual) and I was wondering if anyone got a similar one for (significantly) under MSRP/close to invoice.

Long story short, my 2008 Scion tC (9 months old) was totaled this past weekend by the flash flooding in St. Louis, so I'm out of a car now. I'm currently a student living outside of walking distance from my University, and my rental coverage is only for a week. There's exactly one Fit with that particular combination in St. Louis, and dealers aren't certain if they'll be getting any in the next month in that combination either. So that doesn't exactly give me any sort of bargaining room outside of the [empty] threat of me going home (Maryland) to get one. I'd like to be able to seal the deal on the Fit in the next week or so, but I'm not going to overpay for it either.

I'm probably going to talk to the salesman tomorrow, and see if he can match the Costco pricing. I'm not certain if Costco has released a price sheet for the 09, because one dealer I spoke to who does participate in Costco pricing doesn't have the one I want in stock nor did he know offhand what that price was. Basically I'm going to try and get him down towards invoice, but an actual number would be nice to work with.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

Maybe not in St louis, but within 100 miles of St Louis I'm sure you could find one. But I doubt you'll get below MSRP. I would shoot for MSRP + tax/tag/title and low "dealer fees". That would be realistic.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:08 PM
That's kind of what I was expecting for the SF area. But seeing how the St. Louis area seemingly teems with 10-15 year old cars and more domestic brands than import, I didn't notice any markups on the particular one I looked at. The dealership does have the one advantage of being the only in the area with a manual navi Fit (as far as I can tell), but having looked at his sheet for Fit sales/pre-sales, the Sport/Navigation Fits are not the big sellers. That particular dealership had 10 or so cars at one point, and of the ones they've sold, one was the Navi/Auto. Of their incoming cars for this week, they have four more Navi/Autos and only one has been sold (if I recall correctly).

Anyways, I plan on heading over there tomorrow, and checking if he's getting more cars next week. I figure the more he has in stock, the more I have to work with.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:16 PM
re: Nikeair

Yeah, I checked the surrounding area. Outside of 30 miles the closest dealership with Fits is some 200+ miles away. That's the Midwest for you, I guess.

As far as dealer fees, I've heard that this particular dealer has a 200 dollar fee, and if I can't get him to budge, I'd at least try and get that down or worked into the total cost of the car.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jawnc
re: Nikeair

Yeah, I checked the surrounding area. Outside of 30 miles the closest dealership with Fits is some 200+ miles away. That's the Midwest for you, I guess.

As far as dealer fees, I've heard that this particular dealer has a 200 dollar fee, and if I can't get him to budge, I'd at least try and get that down or worked into the total cost of the car.
Read my post for what I got mine for. If your home is MD, there's a DE dealer that will sell for MSRP.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:51 PM
I went to the dealer today (in St. Louis, where I am currently at school) and I put a 300 dollar deposit down on a blue Fit Sport/Navi in manual. The order sheet says MSRP, so provided that he doesn't try and nickel and dime me to death, I should be able to get mine by the end of the week at MSRP + tax/tags/etc...

Now I just need my insurance company to finish processing my totaled car so I can move forward. I'm going back in tomorrow morning probably to get down to the nitty gritty.

Fingers crossed, hopefully I'll be the owner of a Fit by Friday of next week.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
Well in the event you are not the owner of a Fit by Friday of next week...

Please do not cause a FIT

Old 09-19-2008, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
09 Blue Sensation with Navi $19050 plus California tax and license.
Got it below MSRP from Shawn Kim at Buena Park Honda.
No extras and a great deal!!!!!
Added a LO-Jack at the end also at a GREAT price.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Retired Moderator
Not bad for California..... so a little over $20,500?

Old 09-20-2008, 12:45 AM
Berkeley Honda - $19,246 OTD - Fit Sport 5AT non-nav MSRP + tax + license - I'm a happy guy - 4th car they received... purchased on 9/17/08

Old 09-20-2008, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
I paid 19135.29 OTD for a BBP AT Sport at Crown Motors in Redding California, they were great.

Quick Reply: OTD Prices for 09 Fits...