2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

OTD Prices for 09 Fits...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Why are you so cal guys paying over MSRP?

At Poway Honda there is a 09 SSM Sport Manual
$95 Wheel Locks
$250 Phantom door VIN fingerprints
$85 Door edge protectors
$995 Market Adjustment

I got him to remove everything except the wheels locks becuase they were already on the car. Told him the wheel locks I can get from College Hills Honda for $35.

All he asked was $16060(MSRP) + $670(Destination Fee) + $35 wheel locks.... $16765 + TTL

I opted not to so I can get a Taffeta White one and he will honor the same price.

PLEASE STOP PAYING THESE RIDICULOUS MARKET ADJUSTMENTS!!!

Last edited by dpancho; 09-05-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by dpancho

$95 Wheel Locks
$85 Door edge protectors
$995 Market Adjustment

I got him to remove everything except the wheels locks becuase they were already on the car. Told him the wheel locks I can get from College Hills Honda for $35.

All he asked was $16060(MSRP) + $670(Destination Fee) + $35 wheel locks.... $16765 + TTL

I opted not to so I can get a Taffeta White one and he will honor the same price.

Good job.... About time some people in Cali stop getting Raped!! for the "BS Market value"

Old 09-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Good job.... About time some people in Cali stop getting Raped!! for the "BS Market value"
Well, out here in CA the Fit is insanely popular, and "the gas card" is played heavily by dealers. I pinged many, many dealers in my area over the internet and the best deal I got was $1K over (std. for this dealer was $3K). I would wait, or search more, but I'm in desperate need of a new vehicle now and the '09 Fit is it for me.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Buy it down in San Diego... sometimes you just need to come into the dealership more confident.

If they pull out the "gas card" tell him the toyota dealership down the street will be happy to take my 14k for a Yaris then....

Anything over MSRP just isnt right.

Originally Posted by cruzitude
Well, out here in CA the Fit is insanely popular, and "the gas card" is played heavily by dealers. I pinged many, many dealers in my area over the internet and the best deal I got was $1K over (std. for this dealer was $3K). I would wait, or search more, but I'm in desperate need of a new vehicle now and the '09 Fit is it for me.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Buy it down in San Diego...
Wish I could now, but contract is signed and no cooling off period in CA ...

Old 09-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Silver sport a/t no nav. $17,080.00 plus $114.00 floor mats + $1,546. Tax +fees =$18,864.00

Old 09-06-2008, 08:29 AM
5 Year Member

$95 Wheel Locks
$85 Door edge protectors
$995 Market Adjustment

so what was your OTD price with TTL and whatever else they wanted to charge you? btw... were there a lot of fits in poway? i might head up there tomorrow.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:14 AM
I can't believe some of the market adjustments I'm hearing about. The supply in metro Detroit is still very thin, but all dealers within 50-mile radius are charging MSRP. I did find two exceptions: one dealer mandates that you purchase all-season mats and trunk tray; another dealer (i.e., their internet mgr) stated that he'd sell a car for $300 over invoice -- I'm going with that dealer, but I have no frickin' clue what invoice is for the '09 and I can't yet find that information anywhere.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Question Backing out of a sale . . .

Originally Posted by cruzitude
Wish I could now, but contract is signed and no cooling off period in CA ...
I thought that all states had a minimum "3 days right of recision" law that allowed a consumer to break any contract (a bank loan, major purchase, etc.).

Is this not the case anymore?

Old 09-06-2008, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
$19,450 '09 SSM Auto w/ Nav

Paid Tax Tag Title Processing and Opted for Gap & Extended Warranty.

OTD 23005 I think... I feel like I got a deal. Two other dealers I visited quoted ~22500 without the Processing fee included in their calculations, and I wasnt getting the GAP or Extended Warranty. I still think processing fee is BS.

Last edited by S0L_GT; 09-06-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by jrlnc
I thought that all states had a minimum "3 days right of recision" law that allowed a consumer to break any contract (a bank loan, major purchase, etc.).

Is this not the case anymore?
No, not in California for car purchases.

Last edited by cruzitude; 09-06-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by S0L_GT

OTD 23005 I think... I feel like I got a deal. Two other dealers I visited quoted ~22500 without the Processing fee included in their calculations, and I wasnt getting the GAP or Extended Warranty. I still think processing fee is BS.
If you don't mind, how much is the gap insurance and extended warranty? I am debating the extended warranty.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
Paid $650 I think for GAP. They started at $1,650 for warranty, when i declined everything but gap flat out, he came down to $1,000 for warranty. Its high compared to the online rates, but I can roll it into my financing thru the dealer and its at 4.94%. Per the rep, the warranty is refundable and transferable. $50 to transfer.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by S0L_GT

Seriously? ouch, you got screwed... and you are in GA?!?

Old 09-06-2008, 04:29 PM
I paid MSRP for my SSM AT Sport w/Nav. Should be here next week.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cab0053
Seriously? ouch, you got screwed... and you are in GA?!?

Why do you think that? I paid MSRP, and the documentation fee. The other two options I opted for. Aside from that, its all tax, tag, title.

The other dealerships I was working with on a Nav vehicle wanted in the 22s without mentioning the doc fee, and without including a warranty or gap.

I feel like I got a good deal.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
My wife and I put a $500 deposit down last week for a 09 Crystal Black Pearl A/T Fit Sport, this was the first 09 Fit they were expecting to get. We picked it up yesterday.

$17,580 (MSRP + Destination charge)
$395 (Remote Starter)
$1,522 (NY Sales Tax)
$195 (Registration Fee)
$199 (Documentation Fee)
Total $19,479

We bought it from DCH Paramus Honda in NJ (highly recommended). We called and visited other Honda dealerships in the NY/NJ area and all wanted to charge above MSRP or wouldn't even take our pre-order. The dealer allowed us to test drive it when it arrived. We know this was probably not the best deal around, but we couldn't resist taking it home.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by forress
My wife and I put a $500 deposit down last week for a 09 Crystal Black Pearl A/T Fit Sport, this was the first 09 Fit they were expecting to get. We picked it up yesterday.

$17,580 (MSRP + Destination charge)
$395 (Remote Starter)
$1,522 (NY Sales Tax)
$195 (Registration Fee)
$199 (Documentation Fee)
Total $19,479

We bought it from DCH Paramus Honda in NJ (highly recommended). We called and visited other Honda dealerships in the NY/NJ area and all wanted to charge above MSRP or wouldn't even take our pre-order. The dealer allowed us to test drive it when it arrived. We know this was probably not the best deal around, but we couldn't resist taking it home.
I'm with ya. Drove one, I know I could have waited 3 months or so for demand to decline and gotten one through USAA for 450 over invoice, probably saved some money, but I'd rather have it now. Tired of driving my parents extra car since my Exploder was totaled a few months ago.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:10 AM
my Los Angeles experience

Hi Everyone,

We sold our second car (a very sexy 1989 Civic hatchback) so it was time to get a replacement, and the Fit seemed like the closest approximation to what I was used to.

During the week I emailed several dealers near Los Angeles trying to buy a manual transmission silver Fit Sport. I thought that I might be able to find a dealer that would order the car I wanted for MSRP or very close to it. I was wrong.

In the Los Angeles area, the typical markup seems to be about $500 to $1000, and on top of that dealer add-ons like lojack may be hard to avoid. I didn't have much luck finding a dealer willing to order the car I wanted.

One place quoted me MSRP and another quoted $100 less, but the quotes were meaningless since they didn't actually have the car to sell, would not order it, and had no plans to acquire it. (It was especially amusing when they wrote that the quoted price was valid only for 72 hours.) I thought about offering to pay them using money from a lottery that I have not yet won.

Anyway, today in response to an email I got a call from a place that had exactly the car I wanted. I got the Sport (w/o Nav) manual transmission in silver. I paid MSRP plus destination plus $300 for dealer's paint protection something-or-other markup plus a $55 "documentation" fee.

I failed to achieve my dream of getting the car for MSRP, but on the bright side I ended up with exactly the car and color I wanted and I didn't have to wait several weeks. My hunch is that it's even harder to get a good deal on one with an automatic transmission, because they are probably more popular.

Good luck car hunters, especially if you're in an area where this sort of markup is common.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by somer
I paid MSRP for my SSM AT Sport w/Nav. Should be here next week.
No offense, but until you take physical possession of the car, I wouldn't say "paid" as though this is a completed or done deal.

I, too, am waiting on my '09 and it is due at the dealer Sept 9-12, but until I receive the car I can't say I own it, and I certainly have not "paid" for it yet.

Quick Reply: OTD Prices for 09 Fits...