2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Got back from the dealership for the 2nd time!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Got back from the dealership for the 2nd time!

So, yesterday i went over to my local dealership. Had to take a walk to the back where they were still prepping the car as it had just gotten off the truck. I did get to see it, but i didnt get the expirience that i wanted.
So today after work i ventured down to Honda again hoping they still had it, and that i would be able to actually do what i wanted to do to, see just how much better the car is without driving it of course.

To start interior is a MASSIVE improvment. Seats are 100% better in every way then the GD3s, i sat in them for a good 30 mins in the showroom . Very comfy/supportive. Im not a big guy (5'6 125lbs)but they seem alot more suitable for someone double my size and beyond. Leg room, head room all seem to have grown, what im getting to is the car seems even more spacious then the GD3 if thats even possible from a subcompact heh. Foot wells have grown and it shows. My feet were over all in a much better postion then they are in my '07. Larger foor wells couple with a excellent STOCK dead pedal did the trick. Along with that my right arm now has a place to rest, via a little fold down arm rest(fold down from the seat), actually felt pretty good. I dont know if its as good as a actualy arm rest like the JDM one for the GD3, but it is nice to have as far as comfort. Steering wheel is pure greatness. Feels so awesome in your hand, very sporty feel(i hear it came from a Si). Not only feels great, i think it looks better then the GD3 steering wheel for some reason heh. On the wheel were 2 paddle shifters(i was in a AT), i was pleased to find out when i pulled them, they actually took alittle more force and they clicked a little better then the GD3 paddles. I know this seems weird that im mentioning this but my paddles are way too easy to pull, so sometimes turning ill tap one(on accident), which is not good. And when im driving hard using them, it just feels better to have to pull them to get it to shift not just a little tap heh.
Dash looks great, feels great, and seems very solid. I felt all the materials on the dash, and they all felt much more up scale in comparison to the GD3s dash. I actually noticed that most of the dash uses the same material that the 2009 TSX uses(the material looks like styrofome)! A really cool little thing i noticed, makes it seem like Honda was thinking about true quality with there cheapest car in the line up.
Back seats are nice aswell, seems to be a bit more room back there. Biggest diffrence is that the headreats slide all the way down(flush with the seat) when not in use, so no more having to remove headrests to get full visibilty out of the back window.
Magic seats are just as magical Pretty much the same deal there, they just added that little "secret compartment" under the rear seats, so when they fold up the compartment is reachable. pretty cool.
Telescoping wheels was also a awesome inorivment, not much else i can say about it haha. It telescoped nicely. LOL

As for the exterior, it is what it is. You all seem to have your opinions .
I personally really like it, the second time i went back to see it in person it actually grew on my from the first time. It looks alot better in person then in pics, no doubt about that
Got some pics, and a vid coming soon

Last edited by TOOL; 08-27-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
if you trade in your gd3, you had better get a manual transmission. for real for real :P

Old 08-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
I'm going to pick one up

Probably a silver, stick

Old 08-27-2008, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Nice feedback. I'd rep you but you don't need any more.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the review! I'm getting super hyped about this and won't be able to see one in person till next February!

Old 08-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Updated with Pics!!!!!!!
Next with Vids.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Retired Moderator
Old 08-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Nice review! You are makeing my 5 week wait SOOO much longer! LOL

LMF

Old 08-27-2008, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
it's front end still makes me look away in disgust. Happy honda stepped there game up a bit but wow...it's front is nasty still to me :P

Old 08-28-2008, 01:11 AM
Great review! It just keeps sounding better and better.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Would love to hear your comparison between the performance between 08 and 09 TOOL!

Old 08-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the review. Great vid! Cant wait to get mine in a week

Old 08-28-2008, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
im going to see if they have one at the dealersh!p near me...

Old 08-28-2008, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
So much for adding a head unit of your choice. JL Audio Cleansweep here we come. Does the back hatch area appear to be smaller on the inside of the car??

Old 08-28-2008, 09:48 AM
that dash looks like it belongs on an element. I prefer the GD3 dash

Old 08-28-2008, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
So looks like you can't lock either glove box?

Old 08-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Answers a lot of questions I had about the inside. The seats sure do a have a little more definition... and that material isn't as bad as I first thought.

They are kinda growing on me. Can't wait to see one in person....

Old 08-28-2008, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by triton.
Nope. Not even Civic offers it. Accord does though.

I guess you can use the compartment under the rear seats. Not locked, but more conspicuous.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:48 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
I have do disagree on the fit and finish a bit. There were things that really bugged me. The seats look good, but the cloth used looks so cheap, and the stitches that hold them together look cheap. Seat belt buckles dont have a cover on them so you see a exposed harness. You MUST lift up the rear headrests before you sit down or else you will sit very uncomfortable. The dash looks a little akward because of how far it comes out. Some things i do like. The gauge display/lightup. The rear diffuser look on the rear bumper. The chrome exhaust finisher and the steering wheel. Yes it has a couple better features than the GD, but it SHOULD. The car hasnt fully grown on me yet..

Old 08-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by triton.
Why is this a big deal? All glove boxes these days are plastic bins that even a 10-year old could break into with a simple screwdriver. In addition, a locked glove box is like a beacon screaming "I'VE GOT VALUABLES INSIDE, PLEASE OPEN ME!"

If the thief has already broken into your car, they certainly have the tools to get into your plastic lock-box.

Just MHO,

Mark

Quick Reply: Got back from the dealership for the 2nd time!