2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

GE8 Super Build Thread MUGEN & K Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2024, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member
GE8 Super Build Thread MUGEN & K Swap

Never really did an appropriate build thread for my current FIT I’ve had since 2010, so I figured I’d bring it back to where it all started…. FITFREAK dot NET and create a thread.

Over the next couple weeks/months I’ll be updating mostly here, but also on Instagram and of course I will be making some content for YouTube.

As the title says the build will include a K swap, a few OEM accessories, suspension, brakes, wheels and of course some MUGEN parts. Not just any MUGEN part either, these will all be brand new pieces that I’ve collected over the years.

I’ll list part numbers and any useful info as I go in case it can help anyone out in the future.

The work will be done by myself and a LOT of personal good friends of mine that I’ve met through this forum and FIT community over the span of 14+ years and longer in some cases.

So let’s start here, I recently picked up a 2009 FIT Sport that I originally thought I could buy and part it out or clean it up and sell for profit. After taking a look at it though, I thought to myself this could be a really good base to work off of and build myself another FIT.

Here are some pics of the ad when the car was listed:

The car came with a MUGEN front lip, grille, sideskirts, 2012+ headlights and my favorite taillights for the GE. The interior is in overall decent shape considering it’s almost 15 years old.

The first thing I did was get the car cleaned up as best as I could and reused some FIT accessories I no longer use on my current FIT like the cargo tray and some other misc stuff.

Old 08-10-2024, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
Washed, waxed, polished the exterior, removed front plate bracket and the sun faded clear bra on the headlights. Started to clean up the interior and found some surprises along the way LOL

Took apart the center console and cleaned it all up since they had spilled coffee or soda all over and the shifter was sticking.

I’ll be taking it all apart again soon to install an OEM armrest, double din radio with OEM Navi bezel, bracket and JDM hazard switch.

Last edited by 1SickVeilsideZ; 08-10-2024 at 03:23 AM.
Old 08-10-2024, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
For those that haven’t seen my current 2010 FIT, here is a quick glance of what it looks like more or less. Can’t give away all the details just yet as I’m planning to unveil it at Wekfest coming up in September.

Here is a pic of some MUGEN parts that are currently waiting for install:

Old 08-10-2024, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
That’s all for today as of 8/10/24, once I come across some more cool stuff to post in the next couple days I’ll make sure to update.

Some stuff will move fast, some might take some time, but we’ll get it done eventually.

Old 08-10-2024, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
Nice start! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Old 08-12-2024, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Seriously?
No one gonna ask about that crusty bag of white powder inside his console?!

Old 08-21-2024, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by slimchriz
Seriously?
No one gonna ask about that crusty bag of white powder inside his console?!
Previous owner was probably related to Pablo Escobar, still had some kick to it.

Been gathering a few more pieces before any major updates, figured I’d get everything together and take stuff apart 1 time instead of numerous times.

I’ll leave this little bit here though, I have a few sets of wheels stashed away and could have purchased just about anything, but decided to try a little something different.

MUGEN XJ wheels 16X6.5 +55 BNIB. The fitment is a little weak for my taste, but I’ll end up running some wheel spacers (don’t care what you think or have heard about running wheel spacers) and hopefully with the 205/50/16 it’ll achieve the look I’m going for.

More updates next week as I have some cool stuff landing, coilovers, brake kit etc.

Old 09-10-2024, 02:57 PM
Nice!! Where do you find all of the MUGEN stuff? It seems to be difficult to find and if I do they want an arm and a leg for it. Everything you have looks new. You have my attention, I like how this is going.

Old Today, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 09JET
Nice!! Where do you find all of the MUGEN stuff? It seems to be difficult to find and if I do they want an arm and a leg for it. Everything you have looks new. You have my attention, I like how this is going.
Most of these parts have been collected since 2010-present day. A lot of parts are brand new and some stuff is used.

A couple major milestones as of today 9/18/24, with the help of a couple really good friends I was able to get my hands on a HPD crate motor for the swap. I have a feeling the swap will be completed rather quickly and super crazy to see a brand new K series crate motor from HPD.

Also installed the OEM armrest, Pioneer Double din radio utilizing OEM navigation panel, bracket, JDM hazard button and 3D printed bezel piece from my friend Erik.

Old Today, 11:57 AM
That new motor looks awesome!!