2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Passenger Front Power Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
Passenger Front Power Window Problem

Recently, the PS front power window would not work after stopping the window 1/2 down but I was able to roll it back up. The DS switch for the PS window would work up or down. Yesterday, I rolled the PS window down part of the way & stopped. I couldn't get the switch to roll it up or down after that. I tried using the master switch on the DS control panel and it wouldn't move the window at all either. Finally, we got the PS window rolled back up using the DS switch.

Is this something I can easily fix myself? I'm pretty good with DIY as long as it's not to complex. Would it be the switch or the motor (or both)? Anyone know what the part number(s) would be?

Old 06-29-2023, 06:09 PM
Sounds similar to this post where the issue was the main switch. Apparently the signal goes through the main switch first, so if that switch is flaky or bad then the switches on the other doors will not work either.

Old 06-29-2023, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Maurtis
Sounds similar to this post where the issue was the main switch. Apparently the signal goes through the main switch first, so if that switch is flaky or bad then the switches on the other doors will not work either.
YES!! That sounds exactly like my problem!! Someone on FB posted the same suggestion but they weren't sure if they remembered the situation correctly.

BTW, I did do a search in this forum but apparently I don't know how to correctly. Gotta do better next time.

Thank you SO MUCH for finding that post for me!

Old 06-29-2023, 08:17 PM
Glad to help, good luck!

Old 07-08-2023, 03:06 PM
EVO
I have somewhat the same problem as well, where the Passenger window only goes down from the main switch but it gets a few pulls (3-4 pulls) for the switch to contact and eventually, the window goes up, but strangely enough, it goes away (goes down and lifts up normally) when the ambient temperature is +20 degrees C or in summer, So I assumed it expands when hot and contacts better when hot,
So I think this exact switch needs a little bit of prying to extend the switch metal lever,
(I had a similar situation with my Dad's Mitsubishi Pajero where the small metal part from a switch was dented and it worked only downwards, I got a small flat screwdriver and flattened it out and it's working ever since),
Anyway for our fits I can't reach to the back side of the main 4 switches in the main panel to adjust the switch, I'll be glad if anyone recognizes how to disassemble the main panel to the point that you can see the inside of every switch.