2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

does anyone think this makes sense - headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 01:15 PM
does anyone think this makes sense - headlights

so when i have the regular halogen lightbulbs in the headlights, the low beams are both on, but when i turn on the brights the right blinks for .2 seconds then goes out. left stays on bright and then switching back to low beams they both turn on again

i switched to LEDs and now on low beams the right headlamp switches on for .2 seconds and goes out. left stays on. when i turn on brights both left and right stay on

anyone had this problem? or just a wiring issue?

Old 11-13-2022, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
To check bulbs try swapping them from left to right side and then try again. Could be bad high beam filament in right side. Let us know what you find.

Old 11-15-2022, 02:50 AM
It's possible that the issue you're having with the standard halogen bulbs is a bad filament one of the bulbs.
A properly functioning halogen bulb shouldn't go out after .2 seconds on high beam.

The other issue is that "headlight replacement" LEDs may ALSO require an additional load resistor pack on each LED to function properly in a car that wasn't originally designed for LEDs.

I'm not recommending this vendor or these bulbs, because I didn't buy these products from this vendor, but a quick search brought this link containing both H4 LED bulbs and the optional add-on resistors to illustrate what I'm talking about.

I've edited the link below so you'll have to replace the word DOT with a . and remove the added spaces around the word DOT if you want to use the link.
https://www.superbrightleds DOT com/h4-led-fanless-headlight-fog-light-conversion-kit-with-compact-heat-sink-4-000-lumens-set-cool-white