2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Missing radio fuse in Honda Fit 2012 Japan Model

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 07:04 PM
Missing radio fuse in Honda Fit 2012 Japan Model

Hi!

Can you help me find the fuse for the radio on a 2012 Honda Fit Model. the fuse diagram is showing a 30A fuse for the radio but in the fuse box in my car, this slot is missing. Not sure where can I find this fuse.

Pictures attached.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Manufacturers, including Honda, don't use 30 amp fuses for radios- they use more like 7.5 amp fuses. A 30 amp fuse would allow too much amperage to flow through that circuit before burning out the fuse. That would lead to electronics damage to the radio.

Double check the label you're reading- the fuse number and amp rating is above the fuse not below it.

If you can't figure out which is the radio fuse, I would use a simple electrical test light. Ground the test light, turn the ignition switch to the on position, and then probe the small test pins on the face of all the 7.5 amp fuses. Probe both sides of the fuses- one side is hot and the other side is demand. If you find a fuse that only lights the test light on one side, pull that fuse and see if it's blown.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
I can tell you from experience on a 2013 AT Fit. I couldn't find the fuse either. Never did. Took it to a mechanic who did find it. Charged me half an hour which was fair. He said that there was another fuse panel off to the side and behind the main fuse panel.

Old 06-11-2022, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
I just found a copy I made a few years ago of the fusebox label/decal on my 2013 Fit sport. The radio fuse is number 14 and is labeled key lock/ radio. It uses a 7.5 amp fuse.

Old 11-07-2023, 02:53 PM
I hope this infor can help someone. I have a Honda Fit 2013 and my radio, interior roof light, and remote locking all linked to fuse no 1 which is called "Back up" on the manual. I also struggled to find the fuse for the radio. fuse no 14 is called "Accessory" in my manual and that fuse was intact and not linked to the radio. Fuse no 61 does not exist on my fuse box, or the fuse box diagram. Some indcations on the internet suggested that some Fits have a slot for a fuse in space 61 at the bottom right of the fuse box.

Old 11-11-2023, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by Santia
I hope this infor can help someone. I have a Honda Fit 2013 and my radio, interior roof light, and remote locking all linked to fuse no 1 which is called "Back up" on the manual. I also struggled to find the fuse for the radio. fuse no 14 is called "Accessory" in my manual and that fuse was intact and not linked to the radio. Fuse no 61 does not exist on my fuse box, or the fuse box diagram. Some indcations on the internet suggested that some Fits have a slot for a fuse in space 61 at the bottom right of the fuse box.
thank you so much for your message i couldn't figure this out for ages but it turned out to be the back up fuse that was blown. I made an account on here just to say thank you lol

Old 11-12-2023, 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by Mattsmith
thank you so much for your message i couldn't figure this out for ages but it turned out to be the back up fuse that was blown. I made an account on here just to say thank you lol
it’s a pleasure!