2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

The best things you have added to your GE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2022, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
The best things you have added to your GE?

For me the number 1 would be the Honda splash guards.
It's amazing how much difference they make by keeping the sand/salt off the side of the car. Living where they dump it on the road until it's brown...my Fit stays a lot cleaner.

Number 2 would be adding the Sprint Booster V3 throttle controller. Makes the m/t Fit a lot more fun to drive!
Have to use a lower setting during the snow months....it wants to spin too easily.

Old 01-08-2022, 02:10 PM
Splash guards are a good one, and I've been considering a throttle controller.

Personally: camber bolts. What a difference! Cheap, easy to install, super effective.

Old 01-08-2022, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
Great idea for a post. I've been considering starting a similar post for quite awhile.

The first addition is a temperature gauge I mounted out of the way, under the dash, above the right cup holder in the console. The gauge has blue digital numbers that happen to match the blue stitching in the mats and stitching in the leather automatic shift knob. It also can be seen at night quite well. The gauge, the radiator hose adaptor and the gauge holder were all purchased on Ebay and total cost of the installation was under $50.00, including the wiring and protective loom for the wiring.

The second is the installation of a 26R car battery. It replaces the anemic stock battery and fits better than the 51R updated Civic battery and is much more powerful with 665 cranking amps and 540 cold cranking amps. This installation is somewhat involved, but not difficult. The result is a battery that looks clean and fits like it was meant to be there. I've had the battery in the car for a couple of years now and have had no issues with it at all. The car always cranks over quite well

If there's enough interest I'll show how I did each installation. Pics though may be an issue for me. I've had issues hosting pics on a web site and trying to attach them.

Last edited by 56chevydan; 01-08-2022 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ I forgot about the battery switch.
I replaced my entire airbox and ducting with a short air intake (HPS) and then a 51R battery fit in with no problem. Plus..the air intake sound is noticeable in the cabin.

Old 01-08-2022, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=GrE8_Fit;1466138]Splash guards are a good one, and I've been considering a throttle controller.

Here's a good test...the guy needs to quit the smoking though...he is out of breath.

Last edited by steve37; 01-08-2022 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
@56chevydan Would future battery replacements be a bit more of a procedure? Also, and I'm not sure this will help, but fitfreak seems to only accept images 10mb or smaller. If your phone has a fancy camera they could get blocked. The go-around I've used (I'm not tech savvy at all) is opening up the too big/high resolution image and cropping it. The smaller the file, the easier it will upload.

My favorite mods... every mod's been pretty essential to my enjoying this car. I'm super happy about my grill mesh install to protect the condenser. The 03-07 accord coupe head rests alleviate some neck pain. The 01-05 civic clutch master cylinder (see write-up for clutch delay valve delete) and clutch pedal height adjustment make shifting more predictable, heavy shift knob.. The favorite though has got to be the 16x7 wheels that allow for 205/50 tires. I wish I could have afforded lighter wheels (15x7 woulda been cool too) as the sparco terras with the AA traction rated tires seem to be a burden upon the clutch springs when leaving a stop, but I feel safe and confident in whatever weather Georgia gets.

Had and gave away an Apexi throttle controller. The voltage it sent out spiked at the beginning of pedal depression, I assume to supplement rev matching. But. I like rev matching..

Oh! The form fit hood deflector is nice for windshield protection.

Old 01-08-2022, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=Pyts;1466146]
Had and gave away an Apexi throttle controller. The voltage it sent out spiked at the beginning of pedal depression, I assume to supplement rev matching. But. I like rev matching..

My Sprint is seamless in all of it's settings. And it almost eliminated the rev hang.

Old 01-08-2022, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=steve37;1466147]
Originally Posted by Pyts

My Sprint is seamless in all of it's settings. And it almost eliminated the rev hang.
I've been waiting for someone to say that about one of them. I'll check out the sprint throttle controller when I can.

I'm still waiting to hear about steering controllers for more modern vehicles with fully electronic steering. It would be neat to be able to adjust dead-zone, center the wheel with ease if an alignment left it askew, and reduce rotation needed to reach full lock, provided that the steering rack could keep up.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Progress rear sway bar for me!

Old 01-08-2022, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
The 03-07 accord coupe head rests alleviate some neck pain.
Great to know! I also have a 05 Accord coupe that I will ditch soon. Might keep the head rests as I don't really like the ones that came in the Fit!

Old 01-08-2022, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
I finally put on the Honda OEM Window Visors this summer. Like them a lot and can roll the window down a few inches without rain dripping down into the car interior.

I have a dash mat in dark gray and I like that, keeps a lot of the reflections off the windshield interior.

Scanguage, GPS, a small analog clock, and a timer/stopwatch, both mounted to the dashboard. Also, a box of Kleenex held to the upper glovebox with magnets for easy removal.

The OEM rubber floor hatch mat was good also. And the 3D floor mats. And the front and rear dash cams. Stick on wide angle mirror for driver's side mirror.

Also, I bought a full size wheel with tire and replaced the mini that came with the Fit.

Put about a 5" piece of reflector on the inside top of the windshield, since the visors are pretty useless.

Seat covers for the front seats.

All of the stuff came in handy, like them all!

Old 01-09-2022, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by Frenzal
Progress rear sway bar for me!
Next on my list for sure!

Originally Posted by Bowbridge
Put about a 5" piece of reflector on the inside top of the windshield, since the visors are pretty useless.
I've been thinking about this. Got any pics?

Old 01-09-2022, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
I put in a double din stereo, I am happy to have done that even though I’d probably replace it if I keep the car much longer because the aftermarket head unit is from 2012 and tech has moved on.

Everything else has certain drawbacks. I’ve never understood the hype of the throttle controller myself, but diff strokes I guess.

Old 01-09-2022, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member

Honda optional Mugen Power.

Old 01-09-2022, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
I’ve never understood the hype of the throttle controller myself, but diff strokes I guess.
Yeah, it sounds like I can just punch the throttle a little harder and save $300.

Old 01-09-2022, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=Pyts;1466146]@56chevydan Would future battery replacements be a bit more of a procedure? Also, and I'm not sure this will help, but fitfreak seems to only accept images 10mb or smaller. If your phone has a fancy camera they could get blocked. The go-around I've used (I'm not tech savvy at all) is opening up the too big/high resolution image and cropping it. The smaller the file, the easier it will upload.'

I guess a better explanation of my 26R battery replacement would actually be that the modification to the battery box took a while, but was not very difficult at all. After grinding/modifying the original battery tray, I bolted a 26R plastic battery tray to the oem metal tray, Some grinding also had to be done to the unique positive battery terminal for fitment. Now that the modifications have been made, actual battery replacement is the same as replacing the original battery.

PS: Pyts- thanks for the suggestions for attaching pics to posts here.

Old 01-09-2022, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GrE8_Fit
Yeah, it sounds like I can just punch the throttle a little harder and save $300.
They may not be for everyone...because of the price.

I've had mine for over two years now and I decided the other day to set it to zero. (as in disconnected)
It felt like driving a slug. Throttle response makes a diff...just like steering or braking response.

It doesn't add any hp...might subtract a mpg or two...lol

Old 01-09-2022, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Throttle controllers are a good fit for folks that like to change their brake fluid every year or two and keep 100% of the air out. If you want to touch on the pedal and stop, you can. If you want to touch the gas and see a rapid response, throttle controllers can make that happen (within limitations of the speed at which the servo that rotates the throttle plate within the throttle body can go)

I'd put short shifters in the same category. Changes that make driving more fun and engaging.

Old 01-09-2022, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
Changes that make driving more fun and engaging.

Very true.
I'm getting rid of my Fit sometime this spring. (ordered a new Civic SI)
The one thing I'm surely taking out of it is the Sprint TC
I think it will plug right in...if not I'll sell it and get one that will.

Last edited by steve37; 01-09-2022 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-09-2022, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
Wouldn’t just pressing the gas pedal further do the same as the throttle controller?

Quick Reply: The best things you have added to your GE?