2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Tips or fixes for a couple of common problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 03:28 PM
Tips or fixes for a couple of common problems

My 2013 Fit is a base model with no factory tint. Basically it is a rolling greenhouse and with the weak AC, a total misery is the summer. This summer I had finally had enough and had all of the windows tinted and a sunscreen film added to the front windshield. What a difference! The car is no longer an oven and the AC actually keeps it cool on hot sunny days. Definitely money well spent!

Another common problem that turned out to have a simple fix, the rear windows that no longer rolled down. I dismantled the door then my husband used a meter to check the fuses, switches, wires and motors and much to our surprise everything had power so why didn't the windows work. I removed the regulator and motor and he hooked it up to a power source, it worked. I reinstalled it and now the window worked. Suddenly my husband had the answer. He took one of the vinyl pry bars, lifted the weather seal holding the window and filled the gap with glass cleaner. He worked his way all the way around the edge of the window, let it sit for a few minutes then tried the window. It opened. Apparently the Fit has really weak regulator motors and the dirt had glued the window shut.