2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Removed Supercharger, Replaced Head, no DTC’s, wont idle

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy Removed Supercharger, Replaced Head, no DTC’s, wont idle

I have a 2009 Fit Sport that was supercharged several mods and was running fine. One day car died while driving and would not start. Took it to a shop and after a big ordeal with getting them to diagnose and get answers, they said none of the cylinders where firing. It took right at 2 months just to get them to let me know what the preliminary diagnosis was. Got the car back from them and car sat for probably more than a year as had nowhere to work on it. Bought a house and finally have a garage. Do to circumstances, thankfully was forced to work on it and get it going. Installed low mileage head and reinstalled supercharger and car would not run. Took it as a sign and I removed the supercharger and took it back to pre supercharger setup. After lots of troubleshooting car runs with no DTCs but will not idle and stay running unless giving it gas.

Mods prior to car dying: (only engine related)
1. Injen CAI
2. Weapon-R Header
3. HKS Hi-Power axle back
4. Sprintex Supercharger Kit - full kit plug and play
5. Denso coil packs
6. Denso IK22 plugs

Mods after dying and installation of low mileage head
1. Prior mods #1-3, 5 stayed
2. Removed Supercharger Kit
3.. NST lightweight crank pully
4. Weapon-R O2 CEL eliminator
5. Trans cooler
6. Oil filter pancake (adding oil pressure and temp gauges)
7. Bosch iridium fine wire plugs
8. Replaced water pump
9. Replaced fuel injectors with reman ones from eBay. (Spray pattern and flow tested / guaranteed)

During head removal/install used Haynes manual and followed all directions and torque specs. After adjusting valves, used go-no-go method, car would run but not idle and does not have any DTC codes. Did more research and unplugged MAF for giggles, car would stay running but obviously with codes and in limp mode. Replaced MAF sensor and car is back to not idling. The only big things different from pre and post supercharger are the lightweight pulley and the Weapon-R CEL eliminator. I would think if 02 CEL eliminator was cause it would see some DTCs but not certain. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by B.Ruck; 05-16-2021 at 04:48 PM.