2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

SRS light was on, this is how I solved the problem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 05:47 PM
SRS light was on, this is how I solved the problem.

Hi guys, I'm kind of new here and I read a lot recently about SRS system in the Fit because my airbag light was on for no apparent reason. It just pop up one day while I was driving to work. That was getting me a little bit concerned about the security of everyone. My drive shaft had broken down at the end of January and was parked at the dealership for 6 weeks because they had no parts to do the repairs. My battery has gone bad during this period and the changed it (at Honda!) with a new one. After a couple of days driving around the airbag light went on apparently for no reason. I called Honda to know if the fact of changing the battery could have affected the airbag system. The guy just told me to go for a scan (80$) and they would be able to give me the diagnosis. I was suspecting a water leak could have been the problem also. I did scratch my head for the last few weeks thinking about that. I forgot to mention the problem was not present all the time. I tried the paperclip trick of shorting pin 9 and 4 in the OBD2 port to get the flash error code and I pulled 9-2 which suggests a problem with the recharging system.
Finally yesterday I was checking the oil level and i put the rag on the negative pole of the battery and when I picked it up the cable came with it... I putted the cable back on and realized that they didn't tighten the damn cable on the negative pole efficiently at the dealership. I don't know what to think about that. My srs light is now quiet and dosen't show up anymore since. I hope that was the issue and I am now aware of how a stupid thing like this could have been so much more expensive if I decided to go for the 80$ scam, euh scaN I wanted to say!

Last edited by pac0ttawa; 04-06-2021 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by pac0ttawa
Hi guys, I'm kind of new here and I read a lot recently about SRS system in the Fit because my airbag light was on for no apparent reason. It just pop up one day while I was driving to work. That was getting me a little bit concerned about the security of everyone. My drive shaft had broken down at the end of January and was parked at the dealership for 6 weeks because they had no parts to do the repairs. My battery has gone bad during this period and the changed it (at Honda!) with a new one. After a couple of days driving around the airbag light went on apparently for no reason. I called Honda to know if the fact of changing the battery could have affected the airbag system. The guy just told me to go for a scan (80$) and they would be able to give me the diagnosis. I was suspecting a water leak could have been the problem also. I did scratch my head for the last few weeks thinking about that. I forgot to mention the problem was not present all the time. I tried the paperclip trick of shorting pin 9 and 4 in the OBD2 port to get the flash error code and I pulled 9-2 which suggests a problem with the recharging system.
Finally yesterday I was checking the oil level and i put the rag on the negative pole of the battery and when I picked it up the cable came with it... I putted the cable back on and realized that they didn't tighten the damn cable on the negative pole efficiently at the dealership. I don't know what to think about that. My srs light is now quiet and dosen't show up anymore since. I hope that was the issue and I am now aware of how a stupid thing like this could have been so much more expensive if I decided to go for the 80$ scam, euh scaN I wanted to say!
that’s an expensive way to fix your own problem lol. Well glad it’s fixed anyways, thanks for sharing!