2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

HELP! Side Mirror trouble.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 05:42 PM
Question HELP! Side Mirror trouble.

Hi guys,
Newbie here but have been a Fit user for a while. I own a 2008 2nd gen Fit (right hand drive) and have been having trouble with my left side mirror.
I damaged it a few months back when I ran into a mailbox (the mailbox won), and now the motor driving the mirror's rotation is making a weird noise, just like in this video (
)
It still folds and adjusts itself, but just the non-stop noise that's been bothering me.

I reckon I might have the same problem as the guy in the video does (i.e. gear damage), but the thing is I don't want to disassemble the mirror yet until my replacement gear arrives (have ordered one from Aliexpress for $15!).
My temporary solution therefore is to turn off the electronics that power the mirrors until I can repair it.

PROBLEM IS : I can't find the fuse that is responsible for the power connection to the mirrors!

The diagram below is what my fusebox looks like and there is NO option for mirrors.
I initially thought it was #55, but that was for the heated glass windows at the back.
I've looked at every link Google has provided, but still no answer.
I don't want to do a trial and error until I remove the right fuse, so if anyone can please help me find the right fuse, or have any better ideas on how to solve it, it would be very much appreciated!

THANK YOU!

Old 02-15-2021, 02:44 AM
Asked this in another thread and someone was kind enough to give the answer!

It's fuse # 10. I pulled it out and the power flowing through the windows stopped.
The aircon also stopped, but i rarely use it anyways and it's only a temporary measure until my replacement gear arrives.

Old 02-16-2021, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
If you change your mind and want to use the a/c, re-install the fuse and simply unplug the mirror in the door.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by 56chevydan
If you change your mind and want to use the a/c, re-install the fuse and simply unplug the mirror in the door.
Ooh, didn't know unplugging was also an option. I thought everything was hardwired directly to the main fusebox. Will look into that as well. Thank you!!

Old 05-26-2021, 09:24 PM
Update. It was a broken internal gear!! And my replacement gear from AliExpress arrived so was able to install without problems. Fixed for $15 bucks instead of getting a sidemirror from the junkyard for $150.
For reference, it's this listing in Aliexpress. It's a 24 teeth plastic gear, 13mm diameter.