2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Help needed identifying a noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by StGemma
@BaySFit Check out this video, brotha! I hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EfLTszAr7w

Also, what you could do, too, is use a rotary tool and one of those flat, circular cutting disc attachments (image below) and grind a thin, flat hole in the head of the screw. This way, you can use a flat-tipped screw driver, and hopefully loosen it up.
Thanks for the tips StGemma! I actually just used a dremel with cutting disc like that to do exactly what you just described to a stubborn screw on my hatch lock actuator! It worked well then but destroyed the screw in the process, so this will be one of my last resorts. I did really appreciate the video, even if I’m dealing with screws, very informative and helpful!

Old 11-18-2020, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
I used a manual impact driver... I focused with more pounding INTO the screw, than turning, at first. It eventually gave way.

I didn't use penetrating oil, since I didn't really know about it at that time, but it should help.
Thanks for tips, I appreciate the advice! Hearing that you got the job done with the same tools as me has me feeling hopeful, so I’ll definitely give it another go. I kind of want to try this weekend, but I already bought the new actuator so I might as well wait on that. I’ll be back with more updates!

Old 11-19-2020, 03:35 PM
You're welcome!

I was wondering: where did you purchase the actuator and such from?

Old 11-19-2020, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by StGemma
You're welcome!

I was wondering: where did you purchase the actuator and such from?
I buy all OEM parts from Hondapartsnow.com! they have always done right by me, and I think they’re located San Francisco so if you’re in California they ship ridiculously quickly. I’m in the Bay Area so shipping takes literally a day for me. Sometimes items are out of stock or on back order, but they always let you know the situation in a timely manner and typically get the requested items to you in less time then they initially anticipate. Can’t praise them enough!