2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

'10 Fit Sport Test Mule

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 11:42 AM
'10 Fit Sport Test Mule

So, I recently had to upgrade my wife's transportation and got a screaming deal on a 2010 Fit Sport A/T. It's not perfect. But, for how little I paid for it, I can get away with having some extra fun. I immediately had the windows tinted and am about to have the paint touched up. I'll post a picture later.

Let's start with my Fit background. My father purchased one of the first Fits off the boat in 2006. It was a 2007 Fit Sport A/T, in silver. Before that, Honda wasn't even on my radar. However, after driving it I was blown away. This little nothing of a car, is ridiculously fun to drive, gets great gas mileage and can be stuffed with anything short of a Navy Destroyer.

Needless to say, I fell in love. That was my dad's favorite car for the next 10 years until an idiot smashed into the back of it and it was totaled.

I have always wanted to make the "Type R" that Honda should have. This is going to be the test mule for that project and will eventually be replicated on a ground-up build of a Championship White Fit "Type R", made to look as if it came from the factory.

Edit: Holy Crap! I wrote out the whole post and when I saved it, it reverted back to the original!!!

Keeping it simple, the interior will remain "stock" and I will be retaining and improving the L15.

Some new wheels and tires will be getting ordered soon and I am getting some funds ready for a set of Ohlins. After that, I will work on acquiring or fabricating some chassis reinforcements.

Wheels and Tires: Enkei FP05 16x7 +45 on Conti DWS06. Considering it will not be lowered much(if any), how do you guys feel about those wheels with 205/55/16 tires?

Also, is Ktuner the only tuning option for the GE8 right now?

Last edited by Sumdumguy; 08-27-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Are you planning to stay NA?

Also the 5AT is going to be your biggest limitation to building anything Type R esque.

Old 08-27-2020, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Are you planning to stay NA?

Also the 5AT is going to be your biggest limitation to building anything Type R esque.
I will be keeping it NA and this one will retain the AT, while the eventual one will be an MT. Power isn't a concern at the moment. But, I will eventually be shooting for between 150-200whp on both vehicles. But that will be later, as there will be some serious modifications happeneing to the engine and transmissions during that stage.

For now, I'm just building the platform for it. Once that gets perfected, I will see what I can squeeze out of it.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sumdumguy
I will be keeping it NA and this one will retain the AT, while the eventual one will be an MT. Power isn't a concern at the moment. But, I will eventually be shooting for between 150-200whp on both vehicles. But that will be later, as there will be some serious modifications happeneing to the engine and transmissions during that stage.

For now, I'm just building the platform for it. Once that gets perfected, I will see what I can squeeze out of it.
That's some big numbers to try squeezing out of the L15 in the second gen. They like to detonate wrist pins above 150 or so HP. We've got a guy here who's on his second rebuilt engine for this.

Hasport and Vtec Academy are looking to swap the L15B7 from the Civic Si and accord into all three generations of Fit. They have a video for the first gen already. That's 200 without touching anything inside the motor.

Old 08-27-2020, 09:07 PM
Double post.

Last edited by Sumdumguy; 08-27-2020 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Red 05
That's some big numbers to try squeezing out of the L15 in the second gen. They like to detonate wrist pins above 150 or so HP. We've got a guy here who's on his second rebuilt engine for this.

Hasport and Vtec Academy are looking to swap the L15B7 from the Civic Si and accord into all three generations of Fit. They have a video for the first gen already. That's 200 without touching anything inside the motor.
Yea, when it comes time for the power to be squeezed out, there won't be much inside of the engine that is stock.

I'm sure the B7 would be the "easier" route. But, I don't want a turbo. I like NA machines. To me, these Fits are the last of the old school Hondas. Turbos just don't do it for me. If I was going to do forced induction, it would be with a supercharger. But, I'm just going to stick to what I like.

my main concern right now is the fitment of the wheel and tire specs I listed. Based on my calculations the 205/55/16 should be perfect. I just wanted to see if anyone had first hand experience with the size and offset I'm looking at, to make sure there isn't anything I'm overlooking, before I drop $1,600 on the set.

After I get the paint touched up, I should have enought to get the Ohlins. I'm going to start doing some baseline runs on a stretch of road out in the mountains nearby and see how much time I can shave off as I improve the car. Maybe I'll invest in a Gopro and film the runs.

Old 08-27-2020, 09:17 PM
Here's a picture of the car when I got the windows tinted.

Old 08-27-2020, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Yea, when it comes time for the power to be squeezed out, there won't be much inside of the engine that is stock.

I'm sure the B7 would be the "easier" route. But, I don't want a turbo. I like NA machines. To me, these Fits are the last of the old school Hondas. Turbos just don't do it for me. If I was going to do forced induction, it would be with a supercharger. But, I'm just going to stick to what I like.

my main concern right now is the fitment of the wheel and tire specs I listed. Based on my calculations the 205/55/16 should be perfect. I just wanted to see if anyone had first hand experience with the size and offset I'm looking at, to make sure there isn't anything I'm overlooking, before I drop $1,600 on the set.

After I get the paint touched up, I should have enought to get the Ohlins. I'm going to start doing some baseline runs on a stretch of road out in the mountains nearby and see how much time I can shave off as I improve the car. Maybe I'll invest in a Gopro and film the runs.
205/50/16 is better.

If you want a bunch of NA power, k swap. The L15 is a butt NA engine.

Go to track days or autox. Don’t do dumb stuff on public roads.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
205/50/16 is better.

If you want a bunch of NA power, k swap. The L15 is a butt NA engine.

Go to track days or autox. Don’t do dumb stuff on public roads.
Pretty sure, I've made it clear that I'm not interested in doing an engine swap. Regardless, I am not here to discuss the engine right now, I am working on the chassis and only the chassis. Until the platform is sorted out to the level I want, adding power is pointless.

As for tracking, no thank you. I tune for the street.
I have a one way strerch of road WAY out in the sticks, that has no residences. I have been benchmarking my motorcycles on it for years. That is how I do it, if that's dumb to you, oh well. I guess you can just look down on me.

As for those who say this engine is a butt and can't make power. I'm guessing they don't have the same manufacturing capabilities as me.

Anyways, I'll take my leave. Updates will be posted as they happen, provided the community is interested.

Old 08-28-2020, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
205/50/16 on some 16x7s, your choice of offset but I wouldn't stick the wheels out beyond +35, something to do with scrub radius 🧽 Choosing between a 50 and 55 sidewall, well, tirerack told me that the 50 was closer to stock diameter. I wanted to slap on some Michelin Cross Climate+ tires which only came in the larger size, but man that sales rep was adamant.

I support the idea of seeing what you can do with NA. J's racing, from my memory (think they did a K swap separately) did build upon stock stuff with no engine mods. They added a helical LSD, a chingaderas I raved about for a while called a "T-Rev" which is a funky reed valve PCV. SPL throttle body. This is silly of me, i'll just give you the link to the article.

EDIT: Also from memory, i think ktuner is still the only option. that topic got too head-achey for me. Integrated exhaust manifold supposedly discouraged some aftermarket support for the GE.

Last edited by Pyts; 08-28-2020 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=Sumdumguy;1450420
As for tracking, no thank you. I tune for the street.

Sounds like a line out of F&F...lol

Old 09-08-2020, 12:30 PM
My first perormance parts arrived today!

Last edited by Sumdumguy; 09-08-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Pyts
205/50/16 on some 16x7s, your choice of offset but I wouldn't stick the wheels out beyond +35, something to do with scrub radius 🧽 Choosing between a 50 and 55 sidewall, well, tirerack told me that the 50 was closer to stock diameter. I wanted to slap on some Michelin Cross Climate+ tires which only came in the larger size, but man that sales rep was adamant.

I support the idea of seeing what you can do with NA. J's racing, from my memory (think they did a K swap separately) did build upon stock stuff with no engine mods. They added a helical LSD, a chingaderas I raved about for a while called a "T-Rev" which is a funky reed valve PCV. SPL throttle body. This is silly of me, i'll just give you the link to the article.

EDIT: Also from memory, i think ktuner is still the only option. that topic got too head-achey for me. Integrated exhaust manifold supposedly discouraged some aftermarket support for the GE.
I was looking at that article a while back. I love their stuff, I just wish the prices weren't so crazy. The T-rev is $700 o.o.
I still don't fully understand it.

it uses crank case gases to create a vaccum in the bottom end, smoothing out the rotating assembly?

I'm holding off on the wheels, as they are backordered till whenever. I'm just going to slap the 205s on the stock rims. I may end up getting another stock set to see how much weight/brake clearance I can machine out of the inside of them.

Wanted to get some Ohlin's. But as much as I like them, the Bilsteins are $1,500 cheaper. I think I'm going to be ordering those, a RSB, C pillar bar and a tower brace.

I also am trying to get a custom differential built for it. But there's a minimum order of 3 and I can only afford two. Gotta find some other poor saps who want a bitching A/T Fit. If I can't get that done, I may start looking into what the differences are between the M/T and A/T differentials. Maybe I can modify it to fit. I'm not a transmission guy, but I am fairly masochistic, so...

Last edited by Sumdumguy; 09-08-2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not a transmission guy, but I am fairly masochistic, so...
You have my respect!

I and a peer got knock-offs. His was 50 plus crazy slow shipping, mine was 100 and reasonably slow shipping. Far as I'm aware they're the same.

If you want to drop some cash, you could get some volk CE28s. Otherwise go the beaten (though undeniably realistic) route and get Enkei RPF1s or that new offering from Sparco that I've been lusting after. Only issue, I'm not sure it comes in 16, only 15x7. Kinda hurts tire choices if memory serves.
Think the enkeis run 9lbs and the sparcos 11 or so.

As for suspension, I'd love to weigh in but can't. I've yet to hear negatives about Bilstein suspension. Plus, pretty colors.