2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda Fit Ge6 2009 Engine stall while driving.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 09:16 PM
Honda Fit Ge6 2009 Engine stall while driving.

Guys, what causes car to stall? Car stalled just now when entering carpark. What I’ve changed so far is my alternator(re-con), battery, MAF Sensor, EGR valve. Anything that I need to look at? And anyone familiar with short trim and Long trim? The number is above 10% for Long trim. Short trim when driving is 0 but when I release pedal or on idle, it went up to 30-40%

Old 04-22-2020, 12:38 AM
Any codes? Check plugs/coil packs.

Old 04-22-2020, 01:06 AM
No codes at all. It’s my third time. It happen once in November, second was in February. Now it happen again. I did a new gasket adjustment too after the first stall happen. Last two month, there’s one time my car not Able to start out of a sudden. But when I lock and on back the car, it able to start.

Old 04-27-2020, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
I thought this was a good intro to fuel trims:

https://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co...n-warm.839453/

But maybe your stalling is an electrical issue. Maybe you can do a voltage drop test around the car. Check major grounds for corrosion/good connections and clean. Intermittent electrical issues are tough to find IMHO.

Old 04-27-2020, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the link! Will read it up. The issue of stalling my cause of the brake booster. My Mechanic took out the hose and see if there’s any hissing sound. But there isn’t. But when we place it back, there’s hissing sound. Currently no workshop will be open till June 2nd in Singapore. So just have to deal with it for a month. 😅 not sure if it’s easy to replace it by myself.

Old 04-28-2020, 02:06 PM
Could be a bad thermostat. I have had times in other cars where it doesn't throw a code for this.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Brake booster eh? works off vacuum, but I cant see a leak being enough to cause a stall. if a car runs fine then stalls, shit that sounds like an electrical issue unless it has a nissan CVT transmission am i right?

Like maybe something important that is electrical is loose. as with any car thats had work done I'd like to double check said work before moving to considering another component may be failing. I've got some ideas for once the old work has been inspected

Old 04-29-2020, 10:34 PM
We suspecting the brake booster. We heard hissing sound and we did a test by pulling the tube off. No hissing sound after that. But the sound came back whenever we put the tube back. Also the short trim reaches 37% when cruising or idling. 0% then I press on the accelerator. That’s why we thought is the brake booster.

I’ve not check on the wiring issue yet. As I need to visit another wiring workshop to check on it. All I know, car engine shut off whenever I’m about to leave traffic light or moving slowly over hump. This has already been the fourth time since November.

I’ve change New EGR, MAF, Battery, Coil Pack, Spark Plug, Repair my Intake Manifold Gasket & Recon Alternator And till facing the issue.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:58 PM
I had same issue, I had engine oil leak, which seems this model have this issue of stalling when u have engine oil leak, Fixed the issue when I done engine overhaul.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:06 PM
Hey Martin, where is your engine leak coming from? I’m not sure what I did to resolve it. But I don’t have any stalling after I changed my fuel pump. How much did it cost you for the overhaul? 😱

Old 08-11-2021, 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by Heytherewussup
Hey Martin, where is your engine leak coming from? I’m not sure what I did to resolve it. But I don’t have any stalling after I changed my fuel pump. How much did it cost you for the overhaul? 😱
I think u and I have diff issue, my engine oil leak is pretty bad actually and they said it’s because over heat issue. Changed quite a lot of stuff about 1k+ sgd.

Old 08-11-2021, 03:30 AM
I do have engine leak, but it’s only the vtec solenoid. So just wondering why leak till need overhaul 🤔

Old 08-11-2021, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
If an engine overheats as mentioned above (caused by severe oil loss if i'm reading correctly) pretty much everything in the engine gets thrashed. Warp, bind, break apart. You don't need to worry about a small leak, just don't drive with your oil low.

Hey, check it out, I got a picture of a rear brake caliper after someone neglected to change pads up to the point of total failure. The piston was doing their braking until it wore away, extending to the point of allowing brake fluid to escape around it

Old 08-11-2021, 07:35 PM
Oh yea! My bad for not seeing it. Now it make sense. Yea things get pretty bad when engine start to overheat. Oh gosh, that’s terrible! Hope you change all of it!