2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New to Me 2013 Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 09:58 PM
New to Me 2013 Honda Fit

I had been shopping primarily for a GD Fit, but after only finding them in bad shape or ridiculously overpriced I ended up purchasing a 2013 base MT in Raspberry Blue Metallic, a color that is admittedly still growing on me. The car is not perfect with a few scratches on the outside but overall it’s in good shape, never been wrecked and has 68k miles on the clock.

I registered it this morning and then had four General AltiMAX RT43 tires in 195/60HR15 mounted and balance to replace the worn out Yokohama’s the car came with.

Not too many plans for it other than a rear antiroll bar and a better shift knob. Really just want to drive it and keep up with the maintenance.

Would love to know if anyone can ID the wheels. I don’t even know if they are from another Honda.

Last edited by novws; 08-17-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator
Congratulations! I love BRM!

Old 08-18-2019, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
Looks great novws! I think you made a good choice. :-)

Old 08-18-2019, 10:58 AM
Congrats on the GE! I don’t recognize the design of those wheels. I started off with the idea of minimal mods as well. However, spending time on this forum will absolve you of that soon enough!

Old 08-18-2019, 12:19 PM
Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Congrats on the GE! I don’t recognize the design of those wheels. I started off with the idea of minimal mods as well. However, spending time on this forum will absolve you of that soon enough!
maraladedad, I read the thread about your Fit. One of my primary considerations in choosing a Fit was its ability to swallow road bikes.

Old 08-18-2019, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by novws
Would love to know if anyone can ID the wheels. I don’t even know if they are from another Honda.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
Actually, my favorite color ever to be slapped onto the Fit. A real flashback to Honda's early-mid 90's days.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:01 PM
maraladedad, I read the thread about your Fit. One of my primary considerations in choosing a Fit was its ability to swallow road bikes.
Right on. What kind of cycling do you do? Colorado must have some amazing mountain trails and cycling roads.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by julianachos
Good eye and thanks for this info! Those are definitely the wheels. I actually really like them and don’t plan to change them. Having this information will help me figure Center cap options.

Last edited by novws; 08-18-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by uRabbit
Actually, my favorite color ever to be slapped onto the Fit. A real flashback to Honda's early-mid 90's days.
It’s growing on me. I like it when I want to stand out and don’t when I want to disappear.

It does remind me of the early-mid 90s Honda colors. And that’s a good thing because this car is replacing my 91 Civic hatch as my primary daily.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Right on. What kind of cycling do you do? Colorado must have some amazing mountain trails and cycling roads.
Mostly road and some gravel. There are some amazing roads for cycling and some that will test your ability to climb — or at least they test mine. Here are a couple of shots from some hiking and biking this afternoon at Mueller State Park.

I also swapped out the shift knob from this old one I found in a bookcase at home.

Oops .. don’t know how the pics got so badly out of order. ...

Last edited by novws; 08-18-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:34 AM
One of my primary considerations in choosing a Fit was its ability to swallow road bikes.
That was a big reason behind buying mine! But I still ended up with a hitch-mounted bike rack.

Old 08-20-2019, 01:44 PM
I like those wheels... What is the make/model/year of the gold car the wheels are from?

Old 08-20-2019, 03:05 PM
That gold car in the pic looks like an 08ish chevy aveo. Not the greatest car ever made but those wheels do look good on the Fit.

Old 08-20-2019, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Dan Bates
I like those wheels... What is the make/model/year of the gold car the wheels are from?
Chevy Cobalt. I don’t know which years these wheels were offered or anything else about them, however.

Old 08-20-2019, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by petelite
That was a big reason behind buying mine! But I still ended up with a hitch-mounted bike rack.
I can see myself following suit sooner rather than later. How do you like the hitch rack? That’s what I’m leaning toward the most.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member
Great car and like the color. Two must have mods for the BASE - add the Honda center console armrest, not cheap but makes a difference and do the mod to add the overhead lights (push button) from the Sport.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Rigaudon
Great car and like the color. Two must have mods for the BASE - add the Honda center console armrest, not cheap but makes a difference and do the mod to add the overhead lights (push button) from the Sport.
I’ll have to look into the overhead lights. That would be a worthwhile thing to have. I know it’s going to sound like sacrilege in these parts but I don’t really like arm rests. They can make me feel too restricted.

Old 08-25-2019, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Hah, I probably like them because I'm lazy and it lets me rest my arm.

There are links on this site to how to add the overhead lights - kind of easy to do if you're handy and quite a nice upgrade.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:25 PM
Just a quick update. I hadn’t been driving the Fit much since purchasing it because I hadn’t sold my daily driver Honda Civic. That all changed last weekend when the Civic went to a new home.

Earlier this afternoon I installed a Progress rear antiroll bar. Haven’t driven it much but did take it up Ute Pass toward Pikes Peak — a road with a lot of decreasing radius turns. The Fit felt great. Turn in is a little better but the big difference seems to be mid corner where the car feels so much more planted now. So far, this seems like a great improvement for the money.

Quick Reply: New to Me 2013 Honda Fit